It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: TGFS!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My grandpa was recently put into an assisted living facility very much against his will but my aunt who was trying to take care of him wasn't able to give him all the help he needed. Anyways I've always taken care of mowing his yard and other maintenance that needed done. I was going over to mow again today and since he's no longer living there I was all by myself and I was told to grab some money from his cabinent to go and get some gas for the lawnmower. As I opened cabinents trying to figure out where the money was I opened one last cabinent to find a huge bottle of oxycodone was all of a sudden right in front of me I'm talking at least 100 some 5 mg tabs (the little non apap ones too!) I should have made sure someone cleared all the drugs out of his house before I went over there, I knew I'd be doing some work and would be over there by myself eventually. Anyways I'm about 99.9% sure I'd be using dope again had I not been on Sub it just blew me away that as many things as I thought had changed about me since finally getting clean I still kind of thought about it for a couple seconds. I really don't know that I could have stayed clean that time without Sub I'd sure like to say I think I would have but if there's one thing I've learned through my several attempts at getting clean is to never, absolutely never trust myself when it comes to drugs/opiates. Just scared me but I'm really glad I got my butt out of there asap and waited for my brother to come over before I went back in the house for the money. I guess I was hoping that using wouldn't be the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the pills but after a couple seconds reason did finally kick back in. I'm so glad to be able to walk away and I'm so glad I don't have to live that miserable life. Today I'm not someone who steals meds from people, let alone family anymore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That is a great story. Good on you for calling your bro to come help you out.

You must be feeling pretty good about that. I know it was hard too, because I've had similar situations. The Sub really does help, doesn't it? But it was you making the conscious choice not to go there. Woot!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Diary it'd been awhile since I'd really thought about using just shook me up a bit that I was actually thinking about it a little bit. Reason wasn't the first thing that popped into my mind but I was eventually able realize how miserable I'd end up if I started using again and it was the first time I've had drugs seemingly appear from nowhere right in front of me, I don't care to repeat the experience anytime soon obviously.