It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi tearj3rker,
I migrated to Australia from Germany in the mid-80ies last millenium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just had a few more thoughts regarding the relationship between suboxone and a lowered sex drive. We all know that subox dehydrates the body quite significantly. For guys that could very likely effect the production of semen fluid methinks. A friend of mine told me he had difficulties having an orgasm and if he did come, there was very little fluid there. Maybe the dehydration factor plays a greater role in this than we think? A lot of people also seem to have motivational problems. I certainly do, more so than 'usual'. In my case there are so many factors that could be the cause for both. Is it my age of 49, or suboxone, or anti-depressants, or HepC, or booze, or all things combined? My gut feeling is a lack of testosterone. I rarely get into that mood where I really wanna do something because I'm passionate about it. Like music for example. I used to play music all the time, whether it'd be making it myself or putting on a record. Now I just don't feel anything and it's rare for me to get into music in that fantastically enjoyable way I used to experience. I still play music and still have ideas but I really have to push myself. I guess we have established that suboxone supresses much more than just the desire to use. As a conspiracy enthusiast (don't worry, I don't believe in UFOs or the like) it occured to me that there may be a substance in its make-up that targets the 'will' deliberately, thus being an agent of government control. Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hmmm, I feel more motivated when I take my sub than I was before, so lack of emotions or desire to do things isn't a problem for me. But I do have the non-existent libido problem. I don't know what to do since I am female and don't want to take testosterone supplements, for fear of starting to grow manly features. :shock:

I think I will try taking DHEA supplements to see if that helps me, since it is OTC, and I don't have insurance right now. But I am a little worried to be messing with hormones. I guess if DHEA doesn't help, I'll just have to spend the cash to go see a doctor who can do some bloodwork on me to check my hormone levels and see if there is anything they can give me.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

AstronautPopeye said, "it occured to me that there may be a substance in its make-up that targets the 'will' deliberately, thus being an agent of government control." If you believe this to be true, you could always start wearing a little tin-foil hat, make sure the hat comes to a nice point on the top or the government and aliens will still be able to read your thoughts. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:41 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on Suboxone for 8 years. I Doctor thought I should always remain on it as a deterrent but having had 15 years clean and sober in the past with only the 12 step program I now see that is foolish. I thing the only thing that has kept me on Subox is that I felt it might have offered a cure to the neurons that seem to crave something lacking in addicts. But in truth I have had no desire for sex in over 2 years. At first I thought being 66 that might be a normal evolution. But I knew in the back of my mind I had read that one can have a fulfilling sexual life till you die. the paradox is that when you have no desire for something you don't thing your really missing anything. And my wife's low or total lack of sexual drive made it even simpler.

But what really concerns me is the total syndrome also includes a lack of desire for life. I was a computer programmer and created and owned a consulting firm by the time I was 29. I have always enjoyed meeting people and have new experiences. A feeling that fate had something exciting for me around the next corner. Now I watch TV 15 hours a day. I recognize my plight but I have no inner trigger that finds the impulse to do the things that I know would make me happier. So, I wonder how much this Opioid blocking besides the need for drugs. I do not want to continue to be the equivalent of the Stepford wives (frighteningly submissive without caring)

I also am frightened about the possibility of getting off Suboxone after take 8-16 mg for over eight years. I have started to taper but have not read positive results for those of us long term suboxone users over the long haul. Being on Medicare does not give me the opportunity for expensive detox alternatives. I really feel there should be more thought and action to resolve this plight. Regards Steve