It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am on suboxone for abuse of oxycodone and vicodin. I haven't taken anything but Suboxone (as prescribed) for 15 days. I have taken 3 urine screens and they told me I tested positive for oxycodone on my 3rd screen. I haven't taken anything other than the suboxone since detox and haven't taken oxy in 20 days before the test. . The urine test is sent away to a lab that supposedly can tell the difference between all opiates and suboxone. I am not sure anyone believes me when I tell them I haven't taken anything illicit so why is the test showing positive for oxy? I am very frustrated by this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Unfortunately this is something that has happened to many. It could be a faulty test, a mix up at the lab, if your urine was left unattended someone could have switched it.

I know how frustrating this must be, especially early in treatment. Really all you can do is maintain your innocence and know that you did not relapse. You could request blood tests in the future, they are more accurate. I hope this never happens to you again, it is entirely unfair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i was accused of doing drugs while i was in rehab. i had a urine test come back dirty about three weeks into my month long rehab. i swore up and down that i did not take anything and of course i could see the look in their eye that they thought i was not being honest. the last time i used was the day i entered rehab, i was on a week long bender doing everything under the sun. well they had me take another test and they sent it out for the more comprehensive test that can narrow down the day i last used. after 7-10 days the results came back and i was vindicated! sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and wait it out! if you didn't do anything than you are good to go! the tests will show the truth!