It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been in subs for 6 yrs now. I started with 2mg, went up to 8mg and now I've tapered down to about 1mg a day. I dissolve a couple 2 mg strips in some water and put the liquid in an empty nose spray bottle. I've had great success with my taper this way. I'm not sure why it works better but I'm happy to be on a lower dose again. Has anyone else had success using this method?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

How do you know how much you're getting? It doesn't seem like there is any accurate way to measure how much you're getting out of a nose spray bottle.

The absorption part makes sense.

-WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't know exactly how much but ill put 2 strips in the bottom of a small glass and resolve them in 10ml of water. I can make 4 mg last me 3-4 days and I feel better than when I was taking 8 mg a day. I've started to feel fatigued lately. I'm not sure if its a side effect of dropping my dose so low or what. Hopefully I can jump off completely very soon. So I don't know the exact amount I'm getting... But it's not hard to figure out how much I'm getting per day.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Have you tried just cutting the 2mg strip in half? That seems like a non scientific random variable to a taper. You could be getting 3mg on one day and 1mg the next two. I've got my afrin bottle right here, I've squirted it 4 times and got far different amounts each time.

The fact its absorbing through your nose makes sense, tapering and using a consistent dose however is completely random. You will never know exactly where you're at.

I applaud that its working for you, however. If its something you think is helping you quit by all means keep going. I would suggest however you disolve a 1mg piece and then squirt the entire content into your nose. Refill each time thereafter. Atleast then you understand what you're getting.

Best of luck buddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've taken subs for 6 yrs now. I just started using the nose spray bottle about 6 months ago. Honestly I feel more consistency in how much I'm getting now than when I was using sublingually. I originally was going to just dissolve X mount in water and squirt it in my nose but its too much water and you end up swallowing it anyway. I'm not saying its a sure fire way(: it works for me tho. It's quick, effective and I've been able to taper and save my strips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 am 
New Poster
New Poster

There is no invasion of privacy as the common area is open and no one could reasonably expect the area to be private.