It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone..
After more than 2 weeks at .75 I seem to be really stuck at this dosage.
I still feel I haven't really stabilized and am starting to really feel the emotional wareout from the last 2 months of tapering (I started at 3,5..but was on sub for 9 yrs).
You could say I'am having my first real crisis in this tapering process which I started so dedicated and driven.. I feel tired mostly mentally, exausted and a little depressive knowing I should be going down to .5 but have no energy and starting to doubt myself..
I would appreciate any advice or expirience of people who've been there and know how important this final stage is..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Fuser, I can totally relate to where you were at, I felt the same thing when I parked at 1 mg/day for about 10 days. I found it easier to just keep lowering my dose ever 5 or 6 days.

If you're really ready to get clean, with a solid recovery plan in place, at a certain point you may find it easier just to jump, wherever you're at. Things started to improve for me emotionally as soon as I did that. I jumped at .15 mg/day, but I'm not sure I got off any easier, in terms of physical withdrawal symptoms, than people who jumped at a higher dose.

Good luck and stick with it, getting off Subs is awesome.

-- ji

fuser wrote:
Hi everyone..
After more than 2 weeks at .75 I seem to be really stuck at this dosage.
I still feel I haven't really stabilized and am starting to really feel the emotional wareout from the last 2 months of tapering (I started at 3,5..but was on sub for 9 yrs).
You could say I'am having my first real crisis in this tapering process which I started so dedicated and driven.. I feel tired mostly mentally, exausted and a little depressive knowing I should be going down to .5 but have no energy and starting to doubt myself..
I would appreciate any advice or expirience of people who've been there and know how important this final stage is..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

One thing seems to be certain (in my case)..there is no real stabilizing at doses at .75 or under..the minor wd sympthoms are present most of the time..so there's no that feeling of relief..I don't miss that feeling but feel tired of those slight but prolonged wd's..
Got tired of being stuck at 0.75 with no real progress so i just went down to 0,5 the other day. Next day I took .75 again bcs it was just too tough during the day but am back at .5 today..
Clonidine definitely helps for sleeping (I started with it a few days ago)..can anyone tell me how long before you start having those issues regarding <Clonidine?
I plan to jump from .5 in 10 days time..and will be needing Clonidine for sure, but am a little worried about the side effects..

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congrats on getting down on your dose, in my cast it took about 2 weeks to stabilize at .50mg and then I stayed for another 2 weeks. I then jumped down to .25 mg and stabilized a little quicker, about a week and a half. I had moderate w/d issues mainly insomnia and fatigue.

I stayed at .25 mg for about a month and two weeks ago jumped off completely. I sometimes wonder if tapering any lower than .50 mg or so might be making the misery longer as having to go through w/d additional times.

Anyway, the jump has been difficult, but is do able and I am on day 11 and still pushing through. Good luck on getting through these trying times.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Kittyspot70 wrote:
Congrats on getting down on your dose, in my cast it took about 2 weeks to stabilize at .50mg and then I stayed for another 2 weeks. I then jumped down to .25 mg and stabilized a little quicker, about a week and a half. I had moderate w/d issues mainly insomnia and fatigue.

I stayed at .25 mg for about a month and two weeks ago jumped off completely. I sometimes wonder if tapering any lower than .50 mg or so might be making the misery longer as having to go through w/d additional times.

Anyway, the jump has been difficult, but is do able and I am on day 11 and still pushing through. Good luck on getting through these trying times.

Thanks Kitty..yeah I feel going down from .5 will just be prolonging the misery..I already felt like that at .75 even.. I will not go any lower than .5..but may skip a few days with .5..first one day, than 2 days and so on before THE jump..so it might just take little more than 10 days :)
Well done for the jump you we done it! ..at your stage I guess you are still expiriencing some minor discomfort so keep plugging :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:29 pm 

fuser wrote:
Kittyspot70 wrote:

Thanks Kitty..yeah I feel going down from .5 will just be prolonging the misery..I already felt like that at .75 even.. I will not go any lower than .5..but may skip a few days with .5..first one day, than 2 days and so on before THE jump..so it might just take little more than 10 days :)
Well done for the jump you we done it! ..at your stage I guess you are still expiriencing some minor discomfort so keep plugging :)

I think you are being smart by alternating your sub dosage every day! That will make it easier to get to .5 consistently.

There are two schools of thought regarding getting off sub. The first is that it's a waste of time to taper down versus jumping off. Also, some people want to have their detox be a VERY memorable time (the higher the dose, the more memorable!), so they always remember how shitty it is to get off opiates.

The other strategy is to taper as low as humanly possible and step off when you feel the time is right. There's no one correct way to taper. You just do what works for you.

Johnny Ikon is spot on! If you're getting off sub completely, you need to work at recovery a lot harder than before. If you don't like 12 step programs try SMART recovery. Or you can even get a private therapist who has with addiction and depression. Just some thoughts...

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Still haven't jumped off, but I am now stabilized at 0.5 mgs..but the anxiety!!!
Any physical wd's are almost completely absent..sleeping is not an issue at all (even sleeping late)
The mental part is another story. Feel kind of empty..very restless, anxious and a little scared.. my current concentration levels are of a 4 year old kid, which I find the most frustrating!!!!..Anxiety has definitely started to creep in once i got to .5, and I am starting to question what will be..feeling nervous most of the time..questioning how will I settle? What when the hooneymoon phase ends (Has it even begun? :)

I'am thinking of maybe asking my doc to prescribe me some light antidepressant once I jump off just for the first month.. any advice? Is it a good idea at all?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Fusor, I experienced many of the same things at lower Subs dose levels, right down to my jump off point at around .15 mg/day. Only I was getting zero sleep, which really sucked.

I chose not to take anti-depressants, because I didn't want to start using another drug that would mean another taper and jump down the road. I really found that things got easier once I made my jump, though I was 100% committed to living drug-free, and I had a pretty solid recovery program in place when I jumped. Unless you slow your taper right down, and come off Subs gradually in tiny increments, you may not be saving yourself much in terms of withdrawal symptoms by continuing to taper below .5 mg/day. If you get a sudden and powerful urge to just stop where you are, you might want to think about going with it.

At the end of the day, you have to do what's right for you. Subs detox seems to affect everyone a little differently.

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

JOhhny thanks for answering..I started with clonodine a week ago and it improved my sleep a lot..I do wake up many times so you couldn't call it real quality sleep (you know what i mean)..

I have exactly 29 days of sub left (0,5 a day) ..like I said in my previous posts I'd rather try skipping days with .5 than going any lower. From what I've read on this forum I strongly believe that going lower than .5 will not make much of a difference..

As for my taper..it began exactly 3 months ago (my dosage did not go higher than 4mg..but I was on it for almost 9 yrs so no wonder the anxiety and all..my brain is starting to heal I guess but It feels like being a kid with ADD.no wd's but my legs are restless..
How long did your anxiety last?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Soo happy I found this post. I searched the entire forum for this topic. I've been at .25mg/day for couple weeks and can't seem to stabilize. I will be taking the leap of faith very soon. Great advice.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I too will be taking that leap of faith...I'm different than all in the fact that I'll be jumping at around 2 mgs :oops: . I had to get time off of work and recently got it approved so I am trying to get as low as possible. Currently at 4. I have 10 days off and I have a brutal job as a Nurses aid (in a nursing home) that requires physical stamina as well as some mental. My 1st day off is 10/11. I feel bad that after working FT, my first good run of time off will not be enjoyed with my kids or hub, I know what I'm in for :( I cant wait however and have never been so motivated in the 3++ years I've been on Sub. I am changing jobs in November so for me, it's now or never. I may never get this window of opportunity again anytime soon and I have grown to hate Sub. I just hope that after 10 days or sooner, I can get up and out and do some things I want and mainly be able to work my shift. I must say...I am scared. I will post daily of my progress as well. Its comforting to know that I'm not alone!