It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tapering...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just got back from my appointment with my counselor and he and I agree on the taper schedule I have worked out with the Doctor. Thanks for all of your support and input.

Last edited by skayda on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Tramadol is what I got addicted to. I don't understand the agonist/antagonist stuff or whatever but I was hooked on tramadol. I was an opiate addict. It is 100% addicting. I think it's more addicting than other opiates because it's kind of mild and you don't crash as hard from it. That is what got me hooked anyway. To be honest I didn't read the last paragraph of your post but I'm using suboxone to get off of tramadol. So....there is no way in hell you should take tramadol to help get off suboxone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Also I'm down to .5 MG a day and doing great. It seems like you naturally taper off suboxone even if you don't try and if you do try and want to be aggressive you can taper quicker.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Are you ready to come off? If so great, go S-L-O-W-L-Y-!; take your time. Do not set a date for when you quit, let your body tell you when it is time. Try to come off of the smallest dose possible using the Liquid Taper Method.

If you are being forced off because the doctor wants you off by such and such date, I think you should think about finding another doctor if this is totally against what you want/need. If you need to find a new doctor to continue maintainence, by all means do so! I do not know if Tramadol will help or not. I do not suggest taking it unless you consulted and researched first.

I still think the best way to come off of subs is off a TINY amont. Say 100 or even 50 MICROGRAMS ever day or two days at the very end of your taper. Just my suggestion. If you need any help, please lemme know. I have been on subs for 6 months and will continue for a while as I see it now. Thanks and good luck, let us know what happens!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hawker1 wrote:
Tramadol is what I got addicted to. I don't understand the agonist/antagonist stuff or whatever but I was hooked on tramadol. I was an opiate addict. It is 100% addicting. I think it's more addicting than other opiates because it's kind of mild and you don't crash as hard from it. That is what got me hooked anyway. To be honest I didn't read the last paragraph of your post but I'm using suboxone to get off of tramadol. So....there is no way in hell you should take tramadol to help get off suboxone!

I thought it was a bit funny what she suggested. I am going to just do it without aides other than clonadine if I really need it.

~Ami

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hawker1 wrote:
Also I'm down to .5 MG a day and doing great. It seems like you naturally taper off suboxone even if you don't try and if you do try and want to be aggressive you can taper quicker.

That's really great. Good job! That's pretty good news. I am down to half a pill a day, (4mgs).

~Ami

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

BigRed wrote:
Are you ready to come off? If so great, go S-L-O-W-L-Y-!; take your time. Do not set a date for when you quit, let your body tell you when it is time. Try to come off of the smallest dose possible using the Liquid Taper Method.

If you are being forced off because the doctor wants you off by such and such date, I think you should think about finding another doctor if this is totally against what you want/need. If you need to find a new doctor to continue maintainence, by all means do so! I do not know if Tramadol will help or not. I do not suggest taking it unless you consulted and researched first.

I still think the best way to come off of subs is off a TINY amont. Say 100 or even 50 MICROGRAMS ever day or two days at the very end of your taper. Just my suggestion. If you need any help, please lemme know. I have been on subs for 6 months and will continue for a while as I see it now. Thanks and good luck, let us know what happens!

Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it. Yes, I am being forced off by a certain date due to the program I am on only allowing a 12 month jaunt with Suboxone. Normally it's six to get on and get steady and six to slowly taper down to nothing. I feel like I am ready but even if I weren't there are no other doctors within city bus range who are qualified to prescribe Suboxone, (I don't drive), the nearest one being a few towns away. So I don't really have a choice even if I wanted or felt the need to stay on them longer.

Yes, that was my plan, too. At the end of the taper to cut those last pills as small as possible towards the end. That does seem the best way to go even though my doctor's all; "You can drop off at 1mg, it's all psychological after that." Which, of course, I don't buy because we all know the milligram of Suboxone is a bit more involved than that. Thanks for replying!

~Ami