It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Tapering
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
The sweats are my biggest symptom right now. Yuck! I feel like I have this disgusting film all over me (sexy, right???)

It can be sexy, glistening skin, with mmm, naturally nice smelling woman pheromones. And everything's better when wet, like the Steve Miller song. :D But yeah, under the circumstances, it feels really nasty and sucks, the cold clammy feeling. :( I hope it goes away soon, for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hang in there, Bud. Take things an hour at a time, or 5 minutes at a time if you have to. Just keep hanging on and know that you will feel better....it's just gonna take a bit of time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Boop: you are out of control!!!!! But in a good way! You made the sweats not seem so bad just for a second...

Romeo: thanks! It really isn't that bad today. I just keep hoping those 6 days off are going to help in the long run. Sleep was pretty rocky last night, and ended up taking a total of 2 clonidine, broken up between yesterday evening and early this morning, but I did get some sleep. I really want to be as healthy as possible so the surgery recovery will be a lot easier & quicker. I'm hoping in a couple weeks I will be somewhat back to normal, which will still give me a few more weeks before I go under the knife again...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:50 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Update time, Day 2: I had the usual sweats coming and going today. As far as meds, I take half a xan in the morning, then 1/2 xan & 1/2 clon in the evening, which seems to be the magic cocktail! Within an hour I feel much more relaxed and the sweats completely subside. I will most likely take another clon before bedtime, because taking just halves last night did not cut it! What is a little unusual is that my stomach issues aren't nearly as bad as they were before, even while I was tapering. I still don't have a normal appetite, but I do get hungry and don't have to force myself to choke down food like I used to. I guess I should give that credit to have tapering pretty low before and having 6 days off? Altogether, these symptoms are more annoying than anything, and nothing that I can't handle; as I pretty much already knew. I will be in touch soon...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
Boop: you are out of control!!!!! But in a good way! You made the sweats not seem so bad just for a second...

Out of control? Maybe on the fringes, but not quite. :lol: I suppose it's all relative though. Something like this seems more out of control: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waX1AGPtyto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
Update time, Day 2: I had the usual sweats coming and going today. As far as meds, I take half a xan in the morning, then 1/2 xan & 1/2 clon in the evening, which seems to be the magic cocktail! Within an hour I feel much more relaxed and the sweats completely subside. I will most likely take another clon before bedtime, because taking just halves last night did not cut it! What is a little unusual is that my stomach issues aren't nearly as bad as they were before, even while I was tapering. I still don't have a normal appetite, but I do get hungry and don't have to force myself to choke down food like I used to. I guess I should give that credit to have tapering pretty low before and having 6 days off? Altogether, these symptoms are more annoying than anything, and nothing that I can't handle; as I pretty much already knew. I will be in touch soon...

Glad you found the magic cocktail for the clammy sweat conditions! And the stomach issues, especially having something of an appetite, is a really good sign. Don't want to jinx you (*knocks on wood*), but I do believe you can look forward to having an easier time of it, this go around. Wanting food (instead of force feedings) and getting nutrition, is so important. Looking forward to your updates, the next time you're in touch here, with the "stopping suboxone", cool kids crowd :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
Looking forward to your updates, the next time you're in touch here, with the "stopping suboxone", cool kids crowd :)

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I didn't know I had to reach the cool kids status 8) ! I was unaware that there was segregation up in this mother! :lol: I will be in touch tomorrow, and I guess I should change the name of my thread, huh? Actually, I think I'll just leave everything as is, and when I make it one week, I will officially change it. And yes...that song is outta control!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
Looking forward to your updates, the next time you're in touch here, with the "stopping suboxone", cool kids crowd :)

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I didn't know I had to reach the cool kids status 8) ! I was unaware that there was segregation up in this mother! :lol: I will be in touch tomorrow, and I guess I should change the name of my thread, huh? Actually, I think I'll just leave everything as is, and when I make it one week, I will officially change it. And yes...that song is outta control!!!

You know I'm only joking (put saying so just in case). It the primary forum I hang out in on this site, but everybody is a "cool kid" in my opinion, if they are on suboxforum dot com and not some place like the 'shooting gallery'. And even those who are there, I can't look down on, as I was there once myself, and hopefully they'll find their way out someday.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:

You know I'm only joking (put saying so just in case). It the primary forum I hang out in on this site, but everybody is a "cool kid" in my opinion, if they are on suboxforum dot com and not some place like the 'shooting gallery'. And even those who are there, I can't look down on, as I was there once myself, and hopefully they'll find their way out someday.

PS,
Changing things up with the thread might be a nice move, perhaps as a different outlook in the mirror, for you. Sorta like getting a new hairstyle but more meaningful, or in my case, feeling better when getting that first, left-handed shave in, after starting to appear kinda reminiscent of a "hermit who just came down from his cave in the mountain", look.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:53 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I totally know you're joking! And yes, I never look down on those that are still down & out. I have met some people in the program who have that "better than" attitude after getting clean, & basically forgot where it is they came from. As the years go on, the more funerals I've attended for people that I've know either from childhood or the program who have passed as a result of addiction. I still see old using friends around a lot, as I live right down the street from some of them, and it is truly sad to see them still trapped, with that broken, hollow look in their eyes. All I can do is hope and pray that they realize that they do have a choice someday.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:08 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

after starting to appear kinda reminiscent of a "hermit who just came down from his cave in the mountain", look.

For some reason, Rip Van Winkle came to mind when I read that! Ya, I will change the thread soon, and maybe throw an avatar in there. Like a ninja. Or someone wiping sweat off their brow. Okay, I think the lack of sleep and the meds are making me a little weird...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
I totally know you're joking! And yes, I never look down on those that are still down & out. I have met some people in the program who have that "better than" attitude after getting clean, & basically forgot where it is they came from. As the years go on, the more funerals I've attended for people that I've know either from childhood or the program who have passed as a result of addiction. I still see old using friends around a lot, as I live right down the street from some of them, and it is truly sad to see them still trapped, with that broken, hollow look in their eyes. All I can do is hope and pray that they realize that they do have a choice someday.

Nice^. And "trapped, with that broken, hollow look in their eyes" indeed.

You know, I've seen a lot of people walkin' 'round
With tombstones in their eyes
But the pusher don't care
Ah, if you live or if you die

[...]

Well, now if I were the President of this land
You know, I'd declare total war on The Pusher man
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

~Steppewolf (http://youtu.be/Hhzk6Tuf7gs)

Quote:
KABUL, Afghanistan — Ahmed Wali Karzai, the brother of the Afghan president and a suspected player in the country’s booming illegal opium trade, gets regular payments from the Central Intelligence Agency, and has for much of the past eight years, according to current and former American officials.

source: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/28/world ... intel.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:35 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Goddamn the Pusherman!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
after starting to appear kinda reminiscent of a "hermit who just came down from his cave in the mountain", look.

For some reason, Rip Van Winkle came to mind when I read that! Ya, I will change the thread soon, and maybe throw an avatar in there. Like a ninja. Or someone wiping sweat off their brow. Okay, I think the lack of sleep and the meds are making me a little weird...

RIp Van Winkle weren't no insomniac. He nodded off for a helluva long time!

Weirdish maybe, but in a good way :wink: I hope you rip off some quality rest like good ol' Winkle, but wake up in time :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:23 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I hope you rip off some quality rest like good ol' Winkle, but wake up in time :)

Ya, I wish I had the means to go to the Catskills and track down one of those little gnome like guys and ask them for just a few drops of their special "draught"; I don't need to sleep for 20 years, but I figure a week would be suffice so I could just snooze through this jump...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Mama ! (It's "me" RCA- "new" username, avatar, new DAY!)
How ARE you ? Update please if you feel up to it . I'm thinking of you!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:10 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

ButterFLYING! wrote:
Hey Mama ! (It's "me" RCA- "new" username, avatar, new DAY!)
How ARE you ? Update please if you feel up to it . I'm thinking of you!

Wow, it is a whole new you! I read your post, and sounds like you are pulling through this like a WARRIOR! If you've gone over 1 full day and feel fine after .25, then all that hard work has definitely paid off! Congrats!

As for me, I slept a little better last night; with the help of clonidine, of course. I don't feel as bad, or drained, this morning as I did on days 1 and 2. I'm going to get some exercise in today as well. I haven't taken any meds this morning (so far) and going to try and only take them tonight. The biggest symptoms right now are the occasional hot flashes and sweats, and broken sleep. Other than that, it's not bad at all! I'll post more later...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

edit: posted to wrong thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Please refer to my new thread "3 days Sub Free". You have all inspired me to start a new one...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11