It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tapering
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:45 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good morning to all my peeps!

Day 6 - Morning check-in:

Sleep was pretty broken last night, however, I think I did manage about 4 - 5 hours total off and on. I'm trying to cut down on the comfort meds at this point because they are putting me in a pretty thick fog and I'm forgetting stuff, can't think clearly, etc. If anything I think I 'm just going to take them for bedtime. I still break out in a minor sweat here and there, I was a little more achy yesterday (but I also overdid it at the gym the day before), and the RLS seems to be worse at this point. I remember with other, harder detoxes, that my legs wouldn't get going badly until I was about 5/6 days in. Still, I can't emphasize enough to anyone reading who is tapering or just jumped that these symptoms are pretty manageable. Mostly just annoying and uncomfortable.

Hope you all have a good day! Romeo, please let me know if the comments are too much for you. I still remember that you bruise easily and I wouldn't want to leave any permanent scars! Also, I'm sure you have touched a lot of souls with your talk of snow!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama, when you're ready to drop the gloves, you let me know. I'll bitch slap you up and down the beltway. (OMGosh, did I just say that out loud....meep!!!!)

The RLS from Sub wd seems to be fairly short lived. When I detoxed off full agonists, the RLS lasted well past the one month mark, with Subs, it was only a week or week and a half. I hope your RLS dies off quickly. That twitchy feeling in your legs as your trying to rest is enough to drive ya bonkers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Actually, YOU are enough to drive me bonkers! Ohhhh the gloves done come off with that last comment! It is somewhat difficult though to take someone seriously with a Beavis avatar! Not really intimidating! Maybe you should change it to someone like OJ Simpson, or Rick James, if you're going to make comments like that one!.

Ya, the leg thing sucks but I've been through worse. I have an Rx for Naproxen which has helped with the aches the couple times I have taken it.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
It is somewhat difficult though to take someone seriously with a Beavis avatar!

I AM THE GREAT CORNHOLIO, ARE YOU THREATENING ME??!?!!!?! YOU DO NOT WANT TO FACE THE WRATH OF MY BUNGHOLE!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPVC4YxDlI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:03 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Mama, I originally thought I would not "relate" to your experience since you mentioned earlier not being on subs that long (I was on about 4-6 years - 2 to 3 of that was my original drug so can't remember when exactly I went on subs). Nevertheless, "opiates" have been in my system atleast 6 years,. Well, as far as not relating.. I stand corrected.

I have found so much "relating" when you express your fears, struggles and now achievements. Wow!! Way to go. I will continue to pray for you to continue to progress "sub free". I will soon find myself where you are (for me it is "again") as I plan to jump end of June. Im hoping to do that anyway. I am at .312 right now.

Romeo, something you said on another thread was "so me". You mentioned that for a long time you were wanting to feel normal after you jumped. Then you realized your "normal" was high and you were comparing your "no sub" life to your "high" life. You had to work really hard to accept and allow the new normal to kick in. That is me totally - but unfortunately for me I realize this now (still on sub) and I question if Im ready for the "new life". I find myself scared to adapt to the new life of no quick feeling good, etc. UGH. I will continue to work on that as I need to "believe" it is the right life no matter what it feels. I guess this is my weakness. I didnt start opiates until my late 40's so I had a life before without them for a lonnnnng time. But, I was a drinker before. I quit that in my late 40's as well. Unfortunately (for me), I picked up opiates after I stopped drinking. Atleast I am sober now from alcholhol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:09 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Lmfao. You need more tp for your bungholio?? hahah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well mama, looks like Cornholio whooped you good, now don't it?

Karen, if you weren't scared and questioning your new life, then I'd be worried about you. I think some fear is healthy.....and completely normal.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mama, where art thou? I hope you're doing okay, and just busy or feeling the withdrawals at a level that makes it difficult to post (well, don't hope you feel that bad, but if you are, hope you're hanging tough and will be back to tell the tale soon). And if you had to return to tapering, please don't feel ashamed, many on here have had to give jumping several tries before being able to stay on the rodeo ride bull til it's conclusion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello strangers! Yes, boop I am doing okay I was just on a mini vacation with some friends that no longer live in my area. And to be perfectly honest I did take a little sub with me as a just in case because I really didn't want hit the comfort meds too much and be all brain dead on my vacation. The first night I barely slept and didn't take too much clonidine, so I did take about a .125/.5 on the 2nd night. I honestly didn't want to tell anyone (well, a couple people knew) that I was taking it with because I really didn't want to hear the rebuttals! My mind was already made up since this trip has been planned for quite some time and I was meeting good friends who know my history, but don't know the current situation and really didn't feel it necessary to talk about it. So I did take a tiny bit and I finally got a good night's sleep. However, I don't feel that it set me back nor do I want to start up again by any means. I was out having fun, which is why I disappeared for a minute. I'm still on way home so I will check in with everyone later and get up to speed with the posts. Thanks for checking on me everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
Hello strangers! Yes, boop I am doing okay I was just on a mini vacation with some friends that no longer live in my area. And to be perfectly honest I did take a little sub with me as a just in case because I really didn't want hit the comfort meds too much and be all brain dead on my vacation. The first night I barely slept and didn't take too much clonidine, so I did take about a .125/.5 on the 2nd night. I honestly didn't want to tell anyone (well, a couple people knew) that I was taking it with because I really didn't want to hear the rebuttals! My mind was already made up since this trip has been planned for quite some time and I was meeting good friends who know my history, but don't know the current situation and really didn't feel it necessary to talk about it. So I did take a tiny bit and I finally got a good night's sleep. However, I don't feel that it set me back nor do I want to start up again by any means. I was out having fun, which is why I disappeared for a minute. I'm still on way home so I will check in with everyone later and get up to speed with the posts. Thanks for checking on me everyone!

Oh good, glad to hear from you and that you had a good time! And yeah, that's not really a setback, the amount you took, seems more like a slight taper return since you stopped so recently. No sense being miserable and being a drag on your friends as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MAMA!!! I hope you had a nice vacation and don't let the fact that you took a little sub get to ya. It happened, big deal, time to move on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:19 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Mama, How are you???
XO
RCA

PS. Where are you??? Missing your posts! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:53 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have returned!!! As mentioned before, I was out for several days, and needed one day to recuperate and catch up on rest! Okay, so after doing a reassessment after I returned home, I decided that it would be best that I continue on a very low taper. After having that "day off" and feeling like I had energy, an appetite, and got some decent sleep, I started feeling it again pretty hard yesterday, and right at a time when my little one started being home with me more during the week. I ended up taking a little more yesterday so that I could properly handle my daughter. So I took little bits on Sun and Tues. Looking back, I was not really ready, nor confident, when I jumped. It was already a week later than my original jump date, and still wasn't necessarily stable at the dose I was at, and had been dropping really quick. It was more of a forcing myself to jump, rather than being completely ready. So I think it is best that I continue for a couple more weeks with a taper until I'm stable and feel confident about making the jump. I will take it day by day and start back at .375, which is pretty much what I jumped at, and get myself okay at that dose, then take it from there. From what I've read over and over is that a slow, steady taper makes the jump easy to live with. I know there's people here who have jumped from high amounts and are powering through it, but at this point, especially as a single mother, it is best for me to just continue what I was doing. I especially want to be okay at my dose without the use of other meds, or at least minimal amounts.

Well, I missed everyone! And thanks for being on the lookout for me boop, Romeo and rca! That truly means a lot, and it means even more that I feel totally comfortable being honest with all of you!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:57 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Karen123 wrote:
Hey Mama, I originally thought I would not "relate" to your experience since you mentioned earlier not being on subs that long (I was on about 4-6 years - 2 to 3 of that was my original drug so can't remember when exactly I went on subs). Nevertheless, "opiates" have been in my system atleast 6 years,. Well, as far as not relating.. I stand corrected.

I have found so much "relating" when you express your fears, struggles and now achievements. Wow!! Way to go. I will continue to pray for you to continue to progress "sub free". I will soon find myself where you are (for me it is "again") as I plan to jump end of June. Im hoping to do that anyway. I am at .312 right now.

Karen, I'm glad you could relate in some way. Actually, we all share a common thread, I believe. As you have probably seen in my other post, I am going to continue with a taper a little while longer. I think it would be best for me right now. But I wish you all the best in your journey!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

.375 mg sounds like a high jump off dose level, I plan to go down to .125 mg before I even think of getting off Subs.

One thing I want to say about my own taper, I think it's been easier when I've spent no more than 7 days at given dose level (.75, then .5, now .25). I took a couple weeks to go from 1.5 to 1.0, and another couple weeks going from 1.0 to .75, and those drops seemed harder in terms of physical withdrawal symptoms. The last couple have been easy.

-- JI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:09 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I agree, johnny. I was only giving myself 3-5 days max at each level, then dropping, and hitting the comfort meds pretty hard in between. I think I need to get comfortable for about a week and only need to take meds in small amounts just for sleep until I make another drop. Thanks for your response!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good luck with the taper.

Going down by .25 mg at a time has usually meant a day or two of some withdrawal symptoms, though it's generally been very easy, no trouble doing work days, etc. But if I weren't in a hurry to get off Subs, I'd probably go own by .125 mg at a time, which I bet would be just about painless.

-- JI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As I've said many times on this forum, you have to do what works for you. I'm glad you recognized that what you were doing wasn't quite working and you decided to extend your taper. I know that decision must have been hard and then coming back to the forum and posting about it was probably difficult, too. I've got nothing but mad respect for you, mama!!

BTW, yes, some of us have jumped from high doses and made it, but that most certainly doesn't mean our way is the right way, it was just right for us. One more time, you do what works for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:50 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

mama, I have a lot of respect for your making the decision to keep tapering. I would do the exact same thing in your shoes. It's not a race...it's the finish that counts. Your finish, when it arrives, will be successful because you listened to your body and did what was right for you.
Lots of us rooting for you here!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Mama! Glad you're back home, safe and sound. I applaud your courage to attempt a jump, yet also happy to hear you're back to a taper plan that's sensible for your needs (being a single mom of a young one, seems like one of the toughest 'jobs' in the world, in-and-of-itself) that's within your comfort zone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next