It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Comparing the 2 doses ( .25 of a a mg cut from a 8 mg strip versus .25 of a mg cut from a 2 mg strip ) what would be a close biologic absorption ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Assuming you mean you are taking 0.25mg of a 8mg strip (a very small slice) and 0.25mg of a 2mg strip (still small but a little bigger slice) - you are taking the same dose 0.25mg. Absorption varies between 30-50% depending on a number of factors: time before swallowing/spitting, spreading around all the mucous membranes, alcohol solution, etc.

Basically 0.25mg is 0.25mg its the same dose its just how small you have to cut the strip to get to that low dose.

If you mean you are taking 1/4 of a strip then you are getting 2mg out of the 8mg strip and 0.5mg out of the 2mg strip. The absorption is the same but in this case 1/4 of a 8mg strip is more medicine than 1/4 of a 2mg strip.

Hope that makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes I am taking just .25 of 1 mg cut from a 8 mg strip . I was just wondering an absorption rate to possible Gage what I should do next . 2mg strips and 8 mg strips are the same size and I started over thinking lol , if that makes sense .

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I would think you would get better absorption and bioavailability from a quarter of a 2mg. strip. There's more surface area to be dissolved, and I think that would increase the bioavailability.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:38 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Both pills and strips have "filler". The less filler the better if you're aiming for a stronger dose. Though, my personal opinion here is if you're trying to taper, maybe you shouldn't be so concerned with increasing bioavailability or indirectly increasing your dose?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Make no mistake about it , i am an old schooler at this and the last thing I want is more of this medicine . I am looking for my jump off point , I have been on a slow taper since October and this happens to be the most critical point in this fight to be free . I have already been at the point where you taper to 1 mg and fight it several times , but this last time i made it my sole purpose in life to get away from this , because it is what is right for me .
I decided to grab some patience and a whole lot of guts and started the slow taper . I tried the 25% every 4 days and it didn't work for me , but it wasn't a complete failure because my restart was at 1.5 mg the last ( I started at 4 mg) . Every 21 days from that point I dropped .25 of a mg and today I am on day 6 of the last .25 mg . I don't want to make a mistake here that why I asked about absorption rate, just to see if some creeping thoughts were just that , in my head .
That is whats up lol . It is hard to believe such a small piece of an 8 mg strip can still wield such power over our lives . Thank you for your time and your ears ..... er your eyes.