It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am posting this for any pregnant women out there who are trying to taper while pregnant. I wanted to share my story to hopefully help or inspire anyone who is going through this or thinking about tapering off of subutex while pregnant. First of all, I think I was pretty lucky because my OBGYN and sub doctor were both fine with me being on subutex. (My OB was a dear family friend, so I wonder if that helped out any?) When I became pregnant I was on 8mg of subutex (and had been on that dose for 5 years) and throughout the pregnancy...mainly after the first trimester...I successfully tapered all the way off of it. The reason I choose to do this was because I was so afraid my child would be born addicted. I stopped taking the subutex .25 mg 4 days before my delivery date and my little girl was born perfectly healthy and not addicted what so ever. My biggest fear was my family finding out I had been taking subutex while pregnant. And of course, her being born addicted and me looking like a druggie mom. So, moving forward...now my little girl is 2 1/2 years old and is a normal healthy little girl. To any pregnant women out there who are tapering...take it slow, I followed Robert_325 taper plan of reducing by .25 every few weeks. I went from 8 to 6 to 4 to 3.5 to 3 to 2.5 to 2 to 1.75 and reduced .25 every week after I hit the 1.75 mark. I had my dr prescribe 2 mg tablets and I cut them into small .25 pieces. It was rough in patches...mainly toward the 1mg mark. But trust me...if I can do it, anyone can!! And also...I breast feed my daughter for 8 months and stayed at a 1mg dose throughout the breast feeding. It was hard to stay low but worth it, I would recommend breast feeding as long as you are on 2mg or less...that's what the lactation consultant advised me. I just wanted to share my story for any worried pregnant women out there. I read every forum and it really saved me throughout that hard time in my life when I felt alone:( you are not alone, and it will be fine...just take it slow and steady and any progress is progress with tapering while pregnant. Good luck to any and all women pregnant and on subutex, my love and heart are with you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Freefromsub,

Thank you for sharing your story! I was just wondering if you stayed off the subs after you finished breastfeeding, or if you decided to up your dose back to your normal amount? Not that it makes a difference, I was just curious. :D

Thanks again!

Q

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I would exceptionally suggest(sounds better than.....) YOU & HER Mustgo see her OB-GYN and let him know the accurate sums she is taking,any other drugs....just level with him.a infant conceived with a suboxen propensity from dear old mother may be conceived 7lbs 8oz and in a months time weigh 4lbs,(this happened to an acquaintance and wife.

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
561 - 444 - 7751