It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey guys!
Sooo I had to go back up to 4mg of subs this week from 2/3mg daily. I tapered a little fast and definitely felt the backlash as I went into wd at 2mg. Now, it was NOT as bad as full agonist, but still uncomfortable.
Anyway, I have 5 classes this Fall. Yay. I cannot skip a week of school so I am going to taper down to 1-2mg by December. I am at 4mg for a month, then I will take 3mg every other day, with the stable dose of 4mg in between. So, 4mg one day, 3mg the next, for about a week or 2. Then, this should be sometime in the end of September. I am going to stay on 3mg through the middle of October and then do the same taper method to get down to 2mg-this should be beginning of November. I will then stay on 2mg until the end of that month and I will either jump at 2mg or try to get to 1mg.
I am prescribed to klonopin and zoloft, and adderall xr for ADD. I quit the Adderall, as I just didn't like not having an appetite and feel that coming off SUBS will be hard enough on my stomach. The klonopin is taken very rarely, not at all like it is prescribed (daily doses- I take it maybe 2-3 times per week). I mainly use valerian root and melatonin and tea to help me sleep and aid my anxiety. My entire goal is to be clear of most all pharms in the New Year.

So this is the start of my journal. I am a hard working student and mom of 1, and abused opiates hardcore in a very very short time before getting help. It was really addictive and I never really abused drugs, more like a recreational thing.
In combination of therapy and counseling, school and volunteer work, I am very committed to recovery. I also replaced opiates with another form of endorphin rush-HOT YOGA!! If you havent, give a good hot flow level 1 or 2 class a shot. I plan on going in WD as I know the sweat will make me feel great after. Ashtanga and Bikram are amazing as well, however a little more intense. Ill keep you posted on how that goes during my wd!!! lol.

I am down to zoloft 50mg and klonopin every now then, at a 1mg pill-i split it into quarters, so its much less than prescribed.

I have a couple questions and then Ill be posting every few weeks about my plan. Sorry this is so long but I am READY to be done with this and feel life a little more clearly!!

First, my doc may prescribe a different benzo for the wd period ONLY-anyone know which is best? I heard klonopin and Valium are actually the "best" but someone else was taking Xanax on here. I dont abuse pills, so it is not a big deal for me. While I know I am no better than anyone else, I really only liked the dirty, hardcore dope, no pills or pharms.
So! Any suggestions? I also have Neurontin and Trazadone, with the option of cutting the Traz and taking Ambien.

Love to hear you guys' experiences with the above and I am going to keep you guys posted for the next few months. My doc said she may have me off before dec, but I dont see myself tapering quicker than 1mg a month since the last time I tapered too fast, meaning from 8mg-2mg in a month, it wasnt very fun.

Thanks all!
much love!

Post subject: Dosing
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:01 pm 

Hi Jenzo, and welcome to the forum. Just how fast did you taper down to 2mgs? It sounds like you might have dropped a little too quickly.

I went from 4mgs down to 1.50 recently by doing it in small increments and waiting at least a week between drops. From 4, went to 3. That was okay. Then two weeks later went to 2 and suffered some w/d, so the next day went to 2.5, 2, 2.5, 2, 2, 2, and so on. Up and down until my body adjusted. Then waited a week and dropped to 1.50 with no problem at all. As long as you give your body time to adjust and at least a week or preferably more the better off you'll be. Slow and easy wins the race.

Congrats on getting to such a low dose. Now it will be very small drops and can take some time to finally reach your goal to jump. Don't rush it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jenzo - First I want to wish you luck with your taper. Rule, I believe, has the right idea for doing a super slow taper and possibly one of the most painless ways of slowly dropping one's dose. Maybe his way might help you.

I also wanted to touch on something you said:

Quote:
I am a hard working student and mom of 1, and abused opiates hardcore in a very very short time before getting help. It was really addictive and I never really abused drugs, more like a recreational thing (emphasis mine).

I guess I'm not understand what you're saying. First you say you abused opiates "hardcore", then you say you never really abused them, that you mostly took them recreationally. Are you saying that you now don't feel you were ever addicted to opiates in the first place? Please just be aware that once an addict, always an addict. We can't go backwards and go back to who we were before we became addicts. Maybe before I say any more you could just clarify what you mean by that.

Again, good luck with your taper.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
Jenzo - First I want to wish you luck with your taper. Rule, I believe, has the right idea for doing a super slow taper and possibly one of the most painless ways of slowly dropping one's dose. Maybe his way might help you.

I also wanted to touch on something you said:

Quote:
I am a hard working student and mom of 1, and abused opiates hardcore in a very very short time before getting help. It was really addictive and I never really abused drugs, more like a recreational thing (emphasis mine).

I guess I'm not understand what you're saying. First you say you abused opiates "hardcore", then you say you never really abused them, that you mostly took them recreationally. Are you saying that you now don't feel you were ever addicted to opiates in the first place? Please just be aware that once an addict, always an addict. We can't go backwards and go back to who we were before we became addicts. Maybe before I say any more you could just clarify what you mean by that.

Again, good luck with your taper.

WHAT i was saying is that i never really abused drugs until i used OPIATES. i have NEVER been hooked on anything until recently when i used HARDCORE with OPIATES-other stuff is just like, nothing to me. And when I say OPIATES I mean DOPE. Not these little percs or vicodins. if i get a script from the dentist, i usually have a bunch of vicodins LEFT over because its just not my thing. For me, the addiction is to SHAME. SO i go to the hardest form of DRUG or whatever will make me feel the most ASHAMED-now, that is definitely been changed with my trauma therapy and all the other counseling i do.
Glad you took the time to read so thoroughly! lol appreciate the input guys and will keep you updated.

Post subject: Re: Dosing
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rule62 wrote:
Hi Jenzo, and welcome to the forum. Just how fast did you taper down to 2mgs? It sounds like you might have dropped a little too quickly.

I went from 4mgs down to 1.50 recently by doing it in small increments and waiting at least a week between drops. From 4, went to 3. That was okay. Then two weeks later went to 2 and suffered some w/d, so the next day went to 2.5, 2, 2.5, 2, 2, 2, and so on. Up and down until my body adjusted. Then waited a week and dropped to 1.50 with no problem at all. As long as you give your body time to adjust and at least a week or preferably more the better off you'll be. Slow and easy wins the race.

Congrats on getting to such a low dose. Now it will be very small drops and can take some time to finally reach your goal to jump. Don't rush it.

See? I did 8-4 just right off the bat. The, 4-2 like you said but only for a bout 3 days. Then i stayed at 2 and felt TERRIBLE. I dont know, we will see when I get to 3. After i stabilize on 3 for 2 weeks, ill give the taper a shot down to 2mg. Thanks for the advice-that is exactly what my doc told me to do!!! I cannot wait to be done with this crap.
Keep me posted on when you are jumping! Id love to know how you are feeling. :))))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:07 pm 
Good job honey, listen to your body! I did do the rapid 8mg to .5mg in 20 days. I then switched to a liquid taper and I am reducing every 4 days. I am happy to say I am not sick and seem to be doing well. I will have 8 more doses on the liquid in very minute amounts and may start skipping days at the end. Rule 62 also has very good advice!

Don't use xanax, it has a very short half life. Use (sparingly) klonopin or valium as needed. ambien is a no no unless it is used for 10 days or less, as it works on the same receptors as a benzodiazepine=addiction.

Good luck, I will be looking forward to your posts!

Robin

Post subject: klonopin switch
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:41 am 
My doctor just switched me from Klonopin to Visteril. The Klonopin was making me anxious and naused. I was on xanax before. I asked for diazapam, but he wanted to get me off all benzos. Hope the visteril works. Might be something you may want to think about.

Sherry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:44 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sherryneil I am glad they found out what was making you not feel well .. hope it helps

Post subject: not feeling well
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:00 am 
I hope klonopine was the problem. At least I was able to eat dinner last night. However, I do have a headache. Some improvement in much appreciated though.

Post subject: Re: klonopin switch
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

sherryneil wrote:
My doctor just switched me from Klonopin to Visteril. The Klonopin was making me anxious and naused. I was on xanax before. I asked for diazapam, but he wanted to get me off all benzos. Hope the visteril works. Might be something you may want to think about.

Sherry

Is Visteril a Benzo?
I am on Klonopin 1mg am and pm. I feel so much better now and the tapering is MUCH easier!!!!!!!
I hope you feel better soon!!!

Post subject: Visteril
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:17 pm 
No visteril is not a benzo. It made me very sleepy today and a bad headache. Maybe it will get better with time. Glad your're doing good with the klonopin.

Post subject: Re: Visteril
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

sherryneil wrote:
No visteril is not a benzo. It made me very sleepy today and a bad headache. Maybe it will get better with time. Glad your're doing good with the klonopin.

Man i am sorry to hear that. I am looking at jumping 2 weeks before FINALS-grrreeeat haha! that should be lots-o-fun!
Anyway I am going to see the doc friday and soon will be on 2mg films. I am going to taper from 4-3, so Ill let you guys know how that goes, here in about a week-10 days.
cheers!

Post subject: UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Okay guys, im going to see the doc tomorrow about getting 2mg films. I am going to stick at 4mg for another week-2weeks and then taper to 3mg, stay there a couple weeks and repeat to 2mg.
How long did everyone stay at a specific dose to stabilize?
Pray that I get these 2mg films!!!! I am also going to get my refills on klonopin and zoloft. I have 5 ambien and will probably get prescribed if I cannot sleep after I jump.
WISH ME LUCK!! SLEEP IS SOOOO ESSENTIAL TO MY LIFE!!!!

Post subject: Re: Dosing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rule62 wrote:

I am going to try your taper method. its the same as the doc recommended. I will update-wish me luck!!

Post subject: Luck is Wished
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:02 pm 

You can do it Jenzo! We are about the same with our dosage so we'll see who will jump first. I am in no rush to get off it yet so I'm taking my own advice and tapering very slowly. If it takes a few months, so be it.

Here is what you need after jumping. (all suggestions of course)

Clonidine (it's a blood pressure med now used for w/d)
Imodium (for the reversal of constipation if you get my drift)
Vitamin B-Complex (I only heard this helps)
Valium or some other Benzo (I will not ask for this because I abuse them)
No Caffeine (unless you think you don't need sleep)
Lunesta, Ambien, Tylenol PM, Trazadone, or whatever the doctor says works best for sleep. (this is the main complaint)
Requipt (for Restless Leg Syndrome) This may or may not be a good idea but I'm going to ask for it. Tonic water helps too.
Lots and lots of exercise whether you want to or not. Force yourself, ask a buddy to go along.
Water, and a lot of it to flush the toxins out. This may not really help but the more stuff you do the less time you have to think about the situation.

That's all I can think of. Anyone else care to either add or subtract some?

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Everything I've learned, I've learned either here or by experience. I have gone through withdrawals at least a dozen times over the 10 years of opiate addiction and know that the more you do to get through it, the better your chances are of success.

One more important one and one I used to stop smoking. Pick a date to jump. Then everyday until it arrives you pump yourself up telling yourself that you are NOT going to try. Trying is for failures. You WILL do it come hell or high water. This really reinforces the brain for success and you start looking forward to the date knowing you'll succeed and get it behind you.

Okay, I've given you more than my usual 2¢ It's more like 4¢. Or maybe 2½¢ Life will be good someday soon...♪ ♫ ♪ ☼

Rule62

Post subject: Re: Luck is Wished
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

[quote="rule62"]You can do it Jenzo! We are about the same with our dosage so we'll see who will jump first. I am in no rush to get off it yet so I'm taking my own advice and tapering very slowly. If it takes a few months, so be it.

Here is what you need after jumping. (all suggestions of course)

Clonidine (it's a blood pressure med now used for w/d)
Imodium (for the reversal of constipation if you get my drift)
Vitamin B-Complex (I only heard this helps)
Valium or some other Benzo (I will not ask for this because I abuse them)
No Caffeine (unless you think you don't need sleep)
Lunesta, Ambien, Tylenol PM, Trazadone, or whatever the doctor says works best for sleep. (this is the main complaint)
Requipt (for Restless Leg Syndrome) This may or may not be a good idea but I'm going to ask for it. Tonic water helps too.
Lots and lots of exercise whether you want to or not. Force yourself, ask a buddy to go along.
Water, and a lot of it to flush the toxins out. This may not really help but the more stuff you do the less time you have to think about the situation.

That's all I can think of. Anyone else care to either add or subtract some?

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Everything I've learned, I've learned either here or by experience. I have gone through withdrawals at least a dozen times over the 10 years of opiate addiction and know that the more you do to get through it, the better your chances are of success.

One more important one and one I used to stop smoking. Pick a date to jump. Then everyday until it arrives you pump yourself up telling yourself that you are NOT going to try. Trying is for failures. You WILL do it come hell or high water. This really reinforces the brain for success and you start looking forward to the date knowing you'll succeed and get it behind you.

Okay, I've given you more than my usual 2¢ It's more like 4¢. Or maybe 2½¢ Life will be good someday soon...♪ ♫ ♪ ☼

Rule62[/quote

WOW you have by far been the nicest person on here!! THANKS!! I got ambien-only 5 of them, and a bottle of trazadone 100mg for afterwards. I have both Valium and Klonopin, and I have Neurontin and B-vitamins. Epsom salts and a week at my aunts house to do nothing but struggle and hopefully do yoga to push it out of my system.
MY date as of now is DECEMBER 2nd. When are you jumping??

Post subject: Ahhh
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:17 pm 

You got me. I haven't picked a date yet because to me it's too far in the future. But now that I realize how little I'm taking I will pick a date.

Tomorrow I will do the figuring on the Sub dose and look at my calender. Will let you know....

Post subject: Re: Ahhh
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rule62 wrote:
You got me. I haven't picked a date yet because to me it's too far in the future. But now that I realize how little I'm taking I will pick a date.

Tomorrow I will do the figuring on the Sub dose and look at my calender. Will let you know....

Nice. I had a terrible experience today with the clinic and may jump sooner than dec.
Let me know-maybe we should jump together. I start 3mg tomorrow-for about 2-3 weeks, then ill taper to 2mg for about 3 weeks, then to 1mg for 3weeks...then .5 and jump.

I am thinking last week of October, or middle of November. At the latest, Dec 2nd.
Let me know-I would LOVE to jump together so we can have a support system.
What dose are you at now again??

Post subject: UPDATEEEEE
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Stupid doc. What a power tripper. I almost freaked out and just quit today.
Anyway, long story short, she didnt like me bringing up a concern so handed me a taper sheet and tried to say bye!
What a caring place huh?
Anyways-I am down to 3mg tomorrow. I will stick there for 2-4 weeks, varying. I will then taper to 2mg doing the everyother day thing with 3/2 etc. I am thinking of jumping sooner than dec..like beginning of November. I wanna stop this crap. Im tired of the stigma, the pharmacy, the clinic and the expense.

Any comments welcome.
Today was so overwhelming I wanted to pull my hair out and I cried all day long. Im so TIRED of the process!!
GOAL: 1mg and jumping, hopefully .5mg

I could do 3mg for 2 weeks, 1 week of tapring to 2mg, the 2mg for 2weeks, 1 week of tapering to 1mg then 1mg for 2 weeks...etc. any suggestions?? how long should i STAY on a dose before feeling sick? what is TOO soon to drop???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:59 pm 
You won't know the dose, until you start feeling ill.......I had NO symptoms till 1mg. Taper 1-2 weeks, just go by how you feel.