It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

so im down to 1.5mg a day and stable. I have to have surgery and am wondering how long I need to stay off subs before I go in? Also, afterwards, can I continue with the 1.5mgs?
just curious.

Post subject: Taperrrring
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So I am still at 1.5mg, and will be dropping to 1mg within the month. I am not sure if I will jump from 1mg or .5mg, but I will see how I feel. I gotta say hot yoga has helped my endorphins tremendously. :)
I am looking forward to this Fall & whatever the new year brings!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the update Jenzo, I've been wondering about ya.

You sure seem to have a great attitude, keep it up!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:

Hey thanks-It is all about perspective!!!
im doing well, just busy with school and family. I have to say having to prepare for a scholarship opportunity is really making it hard for me to WANT drugs! LOL! that is right-you heard me-having an AWESOME job opp/scholarship opp is really making me see life outside cravings or mood swings. I am like so excited and know that when I graduate, i will have enough $$ to actually not stress anymore. I have worked so hard and this scholarship opp is a reflection of my hard work/good grades and dedication.

that being said, we all have weaknesses and the last relapse was just a great reminder of how useless all of the drug using is. im excited and im doing well, holding at 1.5 mg for a little while longer.
thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jenzo wrote:
Romeo wrote:

Hey thanks-It is all about perspective!!!
im doing well, just busy with school and family. I have to say having to prepare for a scholarship opportunity is really making it hard for me to WANT drugs! LOL! that is right-you heard me-having an AWESOME job opp/scholarship opp is really making me see life outside cravings or mood swings. I am like so excited and know that when I graduate, i will have enough $$ to actually not stress anymore. I have worked so hard and this scholarship opp is a reflection of my hard work/good grades and dedication.

that being said, we all have weaknesses and the last relapse was just a great reminder of how useless all of the drug using is. im excited and im doing well, holding at 1.5 mg for a little while longer.
thanks!!

Hey, Jenzo. You sound great! I truly think sobriety is a million times more likely to work for us all if we have lives full of healthy stuff that we are working toward. That's exactly what you are doing. You are collecting reasons to stay sober.

I really hate to minimize a relapse. Obviously, it is no joke. I just want to point out that, at least for me and drinking (my personal drug of choice), I learned how to not relapse/slip at least partly by relapsing/slipping. You do learn how pointless and useless using is. You learn how much is can take from you. Of course, it's awesome if someone can stay sober and never relapse. I wish I was that way, but I'm not and I don't think most of us are. Once a relapse is over, the only thing to do is to learn from it. Beating yourself up is counterproductive. You are doing a great job coming back from this.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:53 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Jenzo, how many doctors do you have? I find it a bit odd that you are able to receive benzos and adderall while also being identified as being chemically dependent at one point. Heck, the fact that you said you could change trazadone to ambien was also a surprise.

Just be aware that dependence sneaks up on us. I would be cautious with the attitude that you cannot get addicted to "pills". You do have a great attitude.

Also, I will stress to take time. I am doing a very slow taper (a milligram a month) and its going well for the most part. A few days of not feeling good physically, then stressed out for a few but nothing major. I know you said you are a mom, which means you can ill afford to be bed-ridden or out of sorts. A very slow taper will allow you to taper down with less WD effects. Heck, maybe you will realize that its best for you to stay on a certain dose for a few months or longer. No shame in that. There is nothing wrong with being a Suboxone patient.

Lifetime or longterm maintenance use is an option, to answer your question earlier. Also, no offense, but your response to HAT in this thread earlier was a little bit over the line. She just was on clear on what you wrote, it was kinda snarky to write back "thanks for reading so thoroughly". Maybe I am taking it the wrong way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Holy Crap Jenzo,

Congratulations on the scholarship opportunity!! Good for you!!

I'm glad you're taking your relapse as a learning experience too, that's good to hear.

I love how Laddertipper said "You are collecting reasons to stay sober." Living a healthy, productive life does make sobriety and long term recovery so much more likely. You sound so great and I'm really happy for you......now don't get cocky!! :D

Honestly, cockiness in my recovery burned me and I'd rather NOT see you get burned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey guys appreciate the comments!
In response to ..I dont rem who - I was being serious when I thanked Ladder for being thorough-It was an honest comment and totally besides the actual point here. i appreciate your concerns, but I have been prescribed to these anxiety meds for much longer than subs or my actual drug use, and i dont even take the full amount prescribed each day. not that its anybodys business, lol, but just to put it out there. i am setting a goal to get off the benzos after i get settled in with life AFTER subs, one thing at a time!

im a believer in natural remedies. So im aiming towards that over time.

Ladder-THANK you for your words. It does take mistakes to learn sometimes, with the hopes of not re-making them down the road.

romeo i appreciate that-im stoked and can't believe this has happened to me! Im really excited and get to do an international trip to some orphanages in morocco and africa next summer.

anyway, thanks guys and im tapering 1.5/2 every other day for the next week then coming down to 1.5 again for a month or so.
cheers!
have a beautiful day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

stephent wrote:
Jenzo, how many doctors do you have? I find it a bit odd that you are able to receive benzos and adderall while also being identified as being chemically dependent at one point. Heck, the fact that you said you could change trazadone to ambien was also a surprise.

Just be aware that dependence sneaks up on us. I would be cautious with the attitude that you cannot get addicted to "pills". You do have a great attitude.

Also, I will stress to take time. I am doing a very slow taper (a milligram a month) and its going well for the most part. A few days of not feeling good physically, then stressed out for a few but nothing major. I know you said you are a mom, which means you can ill afford to be bed-ridden or out of sorts. A very slow taper will allow you to taper down with less WD effects. Heck, maybe you will realize that its best for you to stay on a certain dose for a few months or longer. No shame in that. There is nothing wrong with being a Suboxone patient.

Lifetime or longterm maintenance use is an option, to answer your question earlier. Also, no offense, but your response to HAT in this thread earlier was a little bit over the line. She just was on clear on what you wrote, it was kinda snarky to write back "thanks for reading so thoroughly". Maybe I am taking it the wrong way.

LOL you are a bit snarky yourself eh? kind of intrusive with personal questions. BUT, i will clear some things up-I have 2 doctors that work together-sub doc and my psych of 10 years. Thanks for the slow taper advice, etc. I dont know who has ever said being a sub patient is "wrong" but you said that pretty strongly. That is cool you are defending another poster, but, there is no need. I was being serious.
This is about my taper, and my journey. if you want to encourage me and "respect my decisions" as the forum says, feel free to post. But, no negativity is going to be really tolerated here as I am on the road to recovery. So please put input in, but dont make assumptions on things typed especially since you cannot hear a persons tone in the conversation. Okay?
Thanks and peace.

ps. there are tons of other threads on here with debates, arguments, etc - this is not one of them:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:58 pm 
stephent wrote:

I know a lot of people on bupe who take benzos (I myself take Restoril at night), but the Adderall is a bit surprising. Especially the combination of all three.

I am a little concerned for you taking this combination of drugs. Speeding up your heart with Adderall in the morning and then slowing it down at night with benzos is dangerous. Also, they contraindicate each other (Adderall makes many people with anxiety more anxious, and people with sleeping problems more sleeping problems), so many doctors will not prescribe both of them.

If I were you, as far as priorities and what drugs I should get off of, I would personally dump the Adderall first..but that is just me.

I wish you good luck in your taper! I myself take 1.25 mg/day of Subutex, and feel much better than I ever did at any dose above 2 mg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:05 pm 

Hey Jenzo,

You go girl! If you go to 1.25 for a few days or weeks you most likely won't feel it. I didn't. I did feel it from 1.50 to 1mg though. You'll be at 1mg in no time.

Plus, at this low dose like you said, even a small amount over what you are used to taking will get you buzzed. It's amazing how powerful it is once you get below 2mgs.

Your staying right on track. This time you will get ahead of me though.

Keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ironic wrote:
stephent wrote:

I know a lot of people on bupe who take benzos (I myself take Restoril at night), but the Adderall is a bit surprising. Especially the combination of all three.

I am a little concerned for you taking this combination of drugs. Speeding up your heart with Adderall in the morning and then slowing it down at night with benzos is dangerous. Also, they contraindicate each other (Adderall makes many people with anxiety more anxious, and people with sleeping problems more sleeping problems), so many doctors will not prescribe both of them.

If I were you, as far as priorities and what drugs I should get off of, I would personally dump the Adderall first..but that is just me.

I wish you good luck in your taper! I myself take 1.25 mg/day of Subutex, and feel much better than I ever did at any dose above 2 mg.

Hey yea I quit Adderall about 4 weeks ago-maybe 5 weeks now. i tried the adderall for anxiety/add for a month and did not like the decrease in appetite, though it did help with anxiety. It calmed me down a lot.
I only take the xanax xr and zoloft. and a multivitamin!

anywho I wonder what is up with feeling crappier at 2mg and above these days?
I feel better at 1.5 than I did at 2mg as well...I wonder why????

Post subject: WOOT!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Can I just say WOW I am feeling GREAT at 1mg!! I dont know, seems the lower I go, the more energy I have???
Maybe it's because the yoga has helped me tremendously. I do ashtanga and bikram-sweat a lot and feel amazing afterwards.
Some days, mornings usually, I get a little icky feeling, but not much!
I sleep fine, when my kid lets me LOL. I found a pack of syringes UNDER my car seat- told my husband and we threw them away together. GOOD riddance. It was like, a sickening feeling in my stomach-I actually wanted to throw up thinking about putting that in my arm- Like my arms would turn to noodles or something haha I am NOT interested in going down that road. Maybe I replaced my addiction with sweating a lot.

Anyway, just to update! I am encouraged and reading Lillys jump post-I feel that getting to .5 and then jumping is going to fine, esp since I have a prescription for Ambien and Xanax. The sleeping should be a biggy with those. I do believe this would be much harder if I hadn't tapered, but it is different for everyone. I am hoping for a semi-difficult jump. I will stick at 1mg for another few weeks, then taper to .5 by doing the every-other-day thing for a week or so. I find that has been key. I did 1.5/1/1.5 for a week, and felt no different except BETTER. I am bursting with energy. I am also quitting smoking as working out so much does not encourage my lungs to inhale that crap.

Also, my AD Zoloft is a life saver for the moodiness and depression. Not to mention yoga. Ashtanga, flow yoga, bikram-all are higher paced and breath work-breathing mindfully has helped me more than any of it. Deep belly breathing.

Thanks everyone - hope all is well!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YAY for Jenzo, you're kicking ass and taking names, good for you!!!

Good job throwing those syringes away AND for telling your husband about it!! That's HUGE dude!!

I'm glad you're feeling so good at 1mg, that has GOT to be such encouraging news to others who are contemplating getting off of Suboxone.

Thanks for the update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
YAY for Jenzo, you're kicking ass and taking names, good for you!!!

Good job throwing those syringes away AND for telling your husband about it!! That's HUGE dude!!

I'm glad you're feeling so good at 1mg, that has GOT to be such encouraging news to others who are contemplating getting off of Suboxone.

Thanks for the update.

Its weird, I felt some RLS last night, but other than that, I am stoked to be so low. Maybe I will get to .5 then jump ...I am thinking Thanksgiving .

Thanks Romeo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good job, Jenzo! I think the Ambien is a great idea as well. If I could do this over, I'd use Ambien, because getting sleep makes everything seem much, much better.

I do suggest you taper lower than .5, lol. Maybe .25 and then space them?

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes i am going to shoot for .5 at least. probably stopping thanksgiving break.
ill keep you all posted!!!
thanks so much for your help!