It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:01 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well, I made it through another 24 hours and had to work today. It went ok all in all. I am now not sure if I should try to make it another 24 hours or dose again soon. I am mostly worried about sleep and the next three days to work. I have Friday off and then it is two more weeks before I have two Fridays off in a row. I am tired now I have been on my feet all day. I guess I may try to push through a bit more see how I feel when I wake and then if I deem necessary I will take .125 at the 36 hour mark and if that works out ok go till Wednesday at the 36 hour mark which would be in the afternoon which would hopefully get me through the work I need to go to this week. Then hopefully I can make it from there without anymore. Who knows maybe I will feel good tomorrow morning and pull off another 48 hours. The last attempt (although I made it) was rather tough. Either way 36 or 48 hours is a reduction and hopefully weaning sub from my system. This seems to get tricky and tough near the end. I hope things smooth out for me now. I am having trouble deciding whether to just dose now or to wait till morning, aside from being tired out I feel ok right now its the sleep thing that is weighing on me. I am going to have some salmon for dinner and hold off from dosing for now. Any hints, or suggestions on how to move forward would be appreciated although I know I have to do this on my own, it is has been helpful to hear others stories/ opinions based on experience. Thanks Cliptheapex, fork, and Bamagurl for your input.

Take Care

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:34 pm 

My opinion, based on other people's experiences is that the toughest thing at the end is feeling like you've gotten enough sleep. So my suggestion would be to try to get your sleep without dosing, but if you're having a very tough time sleeping, to go ahead and dose. Then on Wednesday, try to hold off until the afternoon still, so you'll have an easier time sleeping Wednesday night. Hopefully that still gets you through to Friday. I think that safeguarding your sleep is the priority.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:57 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks Amy,

I was kind of thinking on going every 36 hours at .125 now. I waited till this morning at the 37 hour mark and took .125. I did not feel yucky though like I normally do in the morning and I hadn't dosed since Sunday at 3 pm.

I am hoping and thinking that the taper is finally paying off towards the good. I will know tomorrow because I don't plan to dose till tomorrow after work. That will put me through Thursday (provided I make it through tomorrow without issue and am not inclined to dose early). Anyhow at that point I can see how long I can go I don't have to go to work till Monday after Thursdays shift. This hopefully goes well and I have no further issues.

I can say although not torture last Saturday and Sunday stunk. I was also surprised to wake Monday and not feel icky, made it through the whole day till this morning without dosing and have felt normal since I dosed Sunday. Does this mean the end is near? Without any further issues? I hear day 4 and 5 are the hardest but hopefully the skip day thing is panning out and I will fly through unscathed from here on out. That would make the whole time during my taper totally worth the effort.
Just last weekend I was getting rather discouraged and disappointed, however for now I see light at the end of the tunnel. I will continue to post my progress and results.

I want to add I don't really think there is a text book remedy to tapering because everyone's history is so much different along with health, age etc. Although reading and hearing how others did does really help for comparison as well as what to expect, (sort of). I have just been playing it by ear so to speak and it has not been bad. A lot of mental toughness is required my opinion, and it can get tough day in and day out. But if you really want things you have to earn them. Some just have it easier than others its just the way it is. Thanks for reading, away I go with a good feeling about this, (at least right now that seems to change here and there as well, that's why I say it gets to you mentally, one day your all good to go and then something blocks you and you feel like your stuck) anyhow I look to the near future with a positive attitude and think I will make it finally if not this weekend very soon................

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:55 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey (whoever)

I have made another 36 hours and have very little to no symptoms at all. I hope this means if I jump I will be ok with no after effect. I am not even sure if I want to dose now I have not yet. The only thing holding me back from just going on without dosing is I have to work tomorrow and don't want to suffer through a shift. If I wait till morning that would be 48 hours again.
If you have been following I tried a "trial" skip day/jump thinking if it was not too bad to just move forward last weekend. I had some nasty hangover feeling throughout the attempt. After dosing then it cleared up in a couple of hours. I am glad I waited and did not take extra. I have been dosing at .125 now at the 36 hour mark and feel pretty good. I even slept longer last night than I have in ages. I got like 7 hours and have been lucky to get 5 or 6, usually waking at 2 to 3 am then waiting around till 5 to get ready and head off to work. I have not been able to sleep in on a weekend day for months now and not because I had anything holding me back other than the inability to do so.
I am some what excited that I may be at the end of this without any major issues at the end. At least I hope that I can go through the coming weekend and be fine. At that point I would hope it would be safe to assume I made it through. I know most say day 4 or 5 is the "bad" days. I have had most my issues within 24 hours throughout taper trial and error. So I am thinking it is very likely that I have gotten to the point I can jump without issue seeing that at 36 hours I feel ok two tries in a row now. Yes I have had a lack of energy and a very light not feeling well, but nothing to complain about, in fact lessor symptoms of those felt during taper reductions.
I am in the middle of pondering whether to take the next 36 hour dose or to see if I can go through to morning or even beyond. I just wish I knew for sure I could function at work tomorrow without dosing now or in the morning. Certainly could use time telling crystal ball right now to have a peak into the future.. I will post what I decided to do after I get that far.

eek ,

Take Care

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh don't I know a crystal ball would come in handy at a time like this :wink: Hi Owlcrow! So happy to hear the skipping 3 days is working out for ya. I think that is a splendid way to taper and honestly I never really thought about it. Hey, if it works... And it seems to be paying off. All of this is such a learning experience for us all. I sure hope work goes good for ya tomorrow at work. You might want to dose today, don't want to jump the gun... But you follow your heart. It seems to have been working out so well for you so far. Anyway just wanted to say hi and bravo on a job well done. You hang in there, your getting close.... Your forum friend, Angie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:25 pm 

I would wait until you felt quite crappy! Might as well see how long you can go until you feel you need a dose. Then maybe take even less than you intended to and see how it goes!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I found it really difficult to do that on these low doses amy. I have made it more than 24 hours on .125 but I would very badly need another dose only 15 hours or so after that. Since suboxone has such a long half life, days later you will still have effective levels of sub in your system so it all seems to even out in the end. That just may be my biase because I could not get below that dose but that doesn't mean someone else can't. I finally took my last piece of sub yesterday so we will see how this goes. There is no chance of me getting anymore either as I am in another country visiting family. We're in this together owl crow. Let's get to the other side. We got this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:45 am 

I read your story, Justin, and I wish you the best!

OwlCrow just seems like he could be ok stretching it out, so that's what I suggested, but whatever he feels will work for him is good. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Amy. Yeah you're right, owl crow should go by what he thinks is best. If I had to go to work through wd I would have a completely different game plan. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:17 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks for all the suggestions and reply's Amy, Angie, Justin. I did not take anymore sub and made it through till this morning which is now 48 hours and still feel ok. I am hoping I make it through today without incident and hopefully this is coming to an end. If I continue to feel ok I will not dose again. Although I am taking an emergency dose along with me to work today.
Justin congrats on your jump, I hope it all goes well. I know how trying this can be on a person, because I am going through it as well. I am quite surprised on how well I have been feeling. Tired but that has been ongoing for a couple months, I hope to get back to normal soon, as I hope you do well too.

Take Care will check in later to report how the day went.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:53 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I am now at 60 hours since my last dose with no symptoms! I am hoping I don't have the hammer come down on me, and plan to discontinue taking anymore sub unless something happens that makes that necessary. I don't see that happening. I am under the impression that last weekend was the worst of my ending. My last dose was Tuesday morning around 4 am. I did not have any real reason to take any then although I was paranoid about not making through work. I made it both yesterday and today and the strain on my "being" was less than drops in dosage I went through during the taper. I am feeling pretty good about the whole upcoming days now and don't anticipate anymore issues, but you never know. I will continue to post my outcome as it unravels. A taper in my mind is the best way to go about quitting suboxone if I can do it I think anyone can. I am mid 50's and have been abusing opiates for longer than a lot of younger people have been alive. And I am also very touchy when it comes to symptoms and did not care to tolerate a whole lot of pain.
Was it easy, I can't say that is it doable (yes) I agree with others that most of it is mental. Being prepared with a plan to cope with anything that comes along during the process goes a long way. I would have to say taking your time with reasonable goals is the best method. Hopefully all my work has paid off, I will know with in the next couple of days. I also expect that my sleep will get better as well as the lack of energy. The last couple of days were actually easier than many of my taper dose reduction experiences. I slept ok last night again but did take two zzzquil, but not so sure if they even helped. I now have three whole days to recover and since I held back from dosing since Tuesday I already will be at day 3 tomorrow morning.
I have heard a lot of people state that day 4 and 5 were the hardest but I really think I have been through the worst already and things will only improve from here on out. As stated I will share my experience throughout the next few days, but expect to report little to no more problems. Thanks to anyone who has been following me along and I hope this helps someone deter from the fear of quitting.

Take Care, I will be checking in and sharing more soon

Randy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:03 pm 

Awesome job, Randy!!

You've done a lot of work to get to this point, and I think it's just paying off! I hope that your progress continues to be smooth sailing!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:14 pm 

I've heard a lot of ppl talk about the taper was worse than the actual stopping. Maybe that'll be the case for u also!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:33 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Trying to think back accurately when I took my last dose. I am not sure if it was Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. I think it was Monday night though because I was under the assumption that it would carry me till Wednesday morning and then that dose if taken would have carried me through my Thursday work shift.
With that being the case I am now on day 4. I did not sleep great last night but did get some sleep. Other than a bit of lacking energy I feel ok. I don't see myself getting worse or having to dose again at this point. The energy lack is lesser than it was a couple of days ago though. I can't wait till I am more vibrant and more ambitious to get things done. That will be the point when I am totally convinced this is over. Until then I will just go on and deal with what may come. Again I do not anticipate further complications and think I have broke through to the other side. Sub free!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow! I've just read your entire Thread. This has truly been an enlightening read. I believe that I will use skip days towards the end also. Even tapering from 5 to 4.5 I had to do it slowly over a month or more. Only experiencing some slight stomach issues and some depression (I'm Bi Polar so not surprising).

Thank you so much for this detailed account. I have no doubt that this Thread will benefit many many people. Folks like me.

We're with you on this. I hope you've got it from here on out! Please keep posting and keep up the excellent work!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:06 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Looking back I realize that my last dose was Tuesday morning. That puts me at over 96 hours or beginning day 5. I slept last night but not great, the strange part was I did not fall asleep real early like I have been. I have been sneezing occasionally which I believe is eliminating whatever bupe is left in my system. I have had no bathroom issues, an ok appetite but still dealing with getting into a good sleep pattern. I was not real active yesterday however which may have contributed to lack of sleep. Hopefully tonight goes better. Time will tell. Other than that I don't have any symptoms other than low energy which I will gladly take over lingering wd symptoms. I have not had any to complain about. One more off work day and then Monday I start a 40 hour week. I don't see any problems getting through work though in fact the moving around will likely help me. I don't have a lot planned today other than taking it easy, grocery shop and that is about it. If I get ambitious I may cut grass (push mower) and consider that getting some exercise. We will see how things go as the day unravels and I will post later how things are going.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:38 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Today I begin day 6 since I have quit taking my suboxone. I still lack energy but I think it is getting better. Sneezing has become part of the process. Back while in active addiction yawning and sneezing were always warning signs of oncoming withdrawal. Now I think it is my body ejecting suboxone from my system. Strangely enough I don't think I would test positive for bupe in my system is tested at this point. I have had none in 5 days now and my last dose was only .125. Sleep is still not great but I am sleeping somewhat. I didn't do a whole lot yesterday and don't seem to have a lot of ambition at this point today. But think I can complete any task I may attempt. Tomorrow I need to begin a work week and need to get through it without too many issues. I will post my progress throughout the week. Hopefully my sleep and energy come back. I still lack the desire to get out in the world and socialize, I hope this is not ongoing I am a bit tired of being a hermit home body.
Subs did help me to cast my addiction aside, however I have lost my emotions like others say. Having tapered for a little over three months dealing with low energy, and less sleep than desired has taken its toll on me. I don't think I would have stopped using without it no way no how. It has been a journey and has made me hate opiates and what they have done to me. They affected my life so negatively I have literally wasted years, and at my age I don't care to waste any more.
I am hoping to return back to being involved with things in a manner I find things fun and interesting again. Time will tell, until then I will do my best to take things in stride knowing time heals all wounds, and believing the higher power has a plan for me and everyone else, and life will improve as long as I keep up with my sobriety.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey owlcrow. Happy to hear you're doing pretty good. I'm on day 5 right now and I think I'm starting to feel better. I have a lot of the same hopes man. I became a lot more isolated when I was on subs and my emotions were pretty frozen too. Don't worry though, we will get through this and be better off for it. Keep us posted.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:39 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey Justin,

You know it, all we need to do is take things in stride and work on getting through the rough patch and then reap the rewards. I can say that I have not waken up with that I want to go kick the worlds ass feeling yet. I used to be such a morning person, up early off to work before anyone is on the streets etc. Now I drag myself to work and once I get going I am ok. Today went well no energy loss (once I started moving around) and I feel pretty good now that the shift is done and I am home. In 13 1/2 hours I will be through 7 days without anything. One week wow! I can't even hardly believe it. Soon the time may begin to fly by again and I will have my energy and love of life back. I can't wait. I am feeling better every day though and have no regrets with my decision to taper off. No cravings or urges have not really thought about it until I decided to mention that fact now. Keep pushing Justin I will see you on the other side.

Randy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:07 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Ok,

7 days down! I still only slept 5 1/2 hours but I really did not feel bad at all today. I had some grogginess in the morning but once I got out and off to work I felt fine. Also my sleep window has improved somewhat. Instead of waking at 2 or 2:30 I slept till 3:45 as well as being able to stay awake in the evening.
I am beginning to think I am literally days away from being able to "live a little" and do things after work other than plant myself in front of the tv with my laptop. I have a lot of work that needs to be done more work I guess but I do need to take care of some things on a house I rent out. Sooner better than later.
This is becoming apparent that what people say about the jump being easier than when your at the end of the taper. It has turned out that way for me. I will update on how things are going soon. Hopefully my expectations hold true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next