It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Today is the day I decided to skip a day, I am now 15 hours past my dosing time. If I add the 24 hours to this I am 39 hours since I took my last dose which was .125 (.0625 in two doses) two or three hours apart.
How am I feeling? I have not felt too bad, like others have stated I believe it is a mental struggle more than physical at this point. I am playing it by how I am feeling but if it does not get any worse I will continue. At this point I am hoping to make it till tomorrow afternoon at the 36 hour point which in my mind is actually 60 hours adding the overnight time to the process, (if that makes sense). The initial 24 hours plus time after that to the amount of time between doses. Hopefully I will be able to get some sleep tonight, that is my biggest concern right now that will be answered soon enough.
I do have around ten .1 clonidine pills and plan to take one later which I hope will allow me to catch a few z's. I will post details as they unravel.
Thanks for all the responses it helps to get feedback. Today I did have the day off from work. I did some chores around the house to distract me from the whole ordeal. I managed to clean the house for an hour or better, cut the grass, weed whack, play with the dog on and off. My lil' dog loves to play catch and fetch and is fun for her an me as well. She hops up to catch a deflated chewed up basket ball and does some pretty tricky stuff when playing.
Well that all for now thanks for reading

Take Care

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I did not get a wink of sleep last night, I just wasn't tired so I didn't fight it and got into some tube to occupy the time. I don't plan on dosing today either at this point. I am not tired, I am not ill I feel natural energy. I even went to the store yesterday and got some oranges I haven't eaten any fruit in ages. I am not sure why they are tasty and supposedly good for you.
Anyhow my current thought is to just stop the subs completely unless I hit a wall soon. I am pretty sure I have made it though, I can't believe how fast things seemed to clear up for me. I am hoping nothing will arise and cause any issues. I have tapered so slowly though and was never on an extremely high dose and under .25 for over a month and I think that may have been the best way for me to go. At this point I have not had any sub since Thursday at 3:00 am. And don't have the I need sub to function feeling at all today.
I do have to work on Monday so if I start feeling crappy I will take a sliver so I don't have issues at work. Nobody there knows I am doing this and I have not given any signs of it either. I have been able to function throughout the taper without missing a day. I also have next Friday off so if I need to continue dosing a couple of times I have another three days to "adjust". But by the way I feel now I think I may have this. I can't believe how actually good I feel even without sleep. I do think I will be able to sleep tonight though, if not I may take a clonidine and hopefully it will aid in sleep.
Early on in the taper I tried sleepy time tea, as well as melatonin and they both left me feeling very sluggish aside from not helping. If I can get 5 or 6 hours I will be fine. I function well with 6 hours or at least I used to when I was not on Subs or dope, I figure that will become somewhat normal for me again soon.
I will post my "results"/experience as it unravels for me. I have a very positive outlook at this point, and am hoping tomorrow comes and I still have no withdrawal symptoms. As of right now I have none Zero I may even take my hot rod out today for some adrenaline rush. I think I will take my dog "Lucy" for a ride to the park and then walk her. I used to do that a few times a week but for the past 4 or 5 months I have been so lazy and hermit like. Maybe I will even get a hold of my hotrod club and see if the gang is going to a car show today and get out and about. If not I am going to go and fix a door at my rental house for the tenant, they let it go in the wind and it got tweaked. Blah blah blah, going to stay busy in some manner.

Will post further reaction to the dose elimination soon

Take Care, thanks for reading

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:14 pm 

Sounds like you are set to go, OC!

I have been reading your thread and it seems like your plans for tapering and stepping off have been very realistic. If/when I get off buprenorphine I will follow a similar path, including taking a sliver if I hit a wall after I've stepped off.

We are pulling for you!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sounds like you are almost through the woods! :) That is sooo AWESOME! I can't wait to be where you are. Thank you for posting your experience. I was going to jump at 1, but I'm going to take it slow, taper really low. Hopefully goes as smoothly as your taper is going. Beats Detoxing from Opiates, anyday :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Update,
Still going on without any sub. Today is harder than yesterday was though. I am very tired but other than that no symptoms. I did finally get sleep from around 6 pm or so I laid down to watch tv and woke around 3 am. I was still tired however no more sleep would come to me. Other than being very lazy today I am well. I have to work tomorrow and that will be the biggest hurdle to overcome since not taking anything since Thursday.
I really don't think that taking anymore at this point will help so I don't plan to take any additional and just push through. I will continue to post my experience at it unravels.

Take Care

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Woah,

I did not sleep a wink last night. I couldn't muster up the energy to go to work so I called in. I have developed some uncomfortable symptoms of lack of sleep and energy and a just blah feeling. I decided that perhaps the half life of the sub has caught up with me. I also decided to take a sliver and then see if this will pull me through. I just took the sliver and feel no effect yet. I hope the feeling of fatigue will fade soon and also I can sleep and make it to work tomorrow. I guess if I have to I may be forced to taper further but first things first. The skip days for half life theory may be a better plan than I thought. I skipped and thought I could just quit. I did make it through three days however, I guess I was wrong. I will know if this will be my last sliver soon enough, and will post the outcome as well

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:20 pm 

Do you have any sleep aids? I have a friend that takes Z-quil every night because of her crazy insomnia. It is supposed to be non-habit forming. I suggest reaching out to your doctor for ideas on how to help with the sleeplessness you are experiencing. I hope that today is a better day for you!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have melatonin and sleepy time tea. I tried them early on (long ago when I was using and going through withdrawals) they didn't work well, the melatonin seemed to linger making me feel drowsy hence making lagging energy more so. If I continue to have issues I may try zzzquil.
I feel much better now since taking the sliver. Now I have to see if sleep will come for me tonight. Also to decide how to proceed. I am thinking the abrupt stop was too much for me. I should have dosed Saturday but felt so good. Friday was not too bad but sleep was not happening. I went in positive but now thinking it over I think I should have dosed Saturday. Having to work makes if difficult if no sleep is a problem. Now I am going to play it by ear some more see how I feel tomorrow then decide whether to try skipping or steady out again for a couple of days and wait until the weekend to try anything else. I guess I look at this as an experiment at quitting I just need to play this out and success will happen. For now I will focus on today and them tomorrow when tomorrow arrives. Sooner or later I will work this out so I can get off easy. I think at the end it is about tricking your receptors and perhaps that is why the skip day thing is recommended for minimal problems. It may be easier now because even though I ended up taking .25 today I was between .0625 and .125. I can't believe I had trouble from such a low dose. I must be the half life catching up slowly from a build up of medication lingering. Thus the skip day method may help with this, I will test the waters and find out. If I do have to dose tomorrow to make it to work I will only take .125. I could feel .0625 wear off before the next dosing time but .125 held me. I am not sure I can stabilize on a dose as low as .0625 therefore I am thinking skip days is what to try next, just not so many so fast. More like 1 day, 2, 3, 4 then stop something like that. I guess it is easy to plan things out in your mind. And as I go through this I am learning that taking it day by day is more important than any plan you may have. It is a process and all the planning in the world won't change how your body reacts to dose reductions and what not. I now know I pushed too hard skipped more days than I was ready for and need to move forward carefully taking one day at a time without focusing too far into the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When stopping Suboxone we can get caught up in the "stopping now" instead of the "listen to your body and stop when it says it's ok". When I tried stopping Suboxone, I skipped ever 3 days right at the end for about a month. So if you have to skip a day, skip a day. And if your body says skip 3 days at a time, then do that. There is no race to win so do what feels comfortable, that will be what is best for your body in the long run. I love sleepytime tea. Melatonin, not so much. But those may not be strong enough for you. The active ingredient in Benadryl, Diphenhydramine is the active sleep aid in a lot of over the counter sleep aids, and you can buy equate allergy relief at Walmart 1oo caplets for $4. Taking 2 of those at night might help you sleep. I swear by them as a sleep aid but when coming off Subs, they didn't help me either. The only thing that would help me sleep when I was skipping 3 days was Xanax or Valium plus exhaustion. Please be very careful if you resort to the Xanax or Valium as they have the potential for abuse. I wouldn't recommend these on a recovery site but you work and I know when you work, you have to get sleep. No doubt about it. If I'm wrong for recommending the Valium or Xanax mods, just please take that out. Don't want to get on anyone's bad side. Just trying to help our friend Owlcrow get some sleep. Your forum friend, Angie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Bamagirl,

I am curious as to what dose you were taking at the end of your skip day ending. I took .125 this morning and it did not do much for me at all. I have been debating all day whether to take more or not but don't want to go backwards either. I did not sleep again last night now that's two in a row. I worked today though, it was one of the toughest days yet.
I will have to decide tomorrow if I should take more or stay at .125 as I am thinking of not taking anymore today. I hope sleep comes tonight or I am going to start to go nuts. I am not sure if I feel lousy because of wd or lack of sleep I am thinking the latter though.
I will take the advice of listening to my body and if I need to up my dose for a bit I guess then that's what I will do. I actually went and got some sleep aid with the same ingredient as what you suggested today. I hope it works I will find out soon I am turning in early this night, in hopes of catching up on some sleep. I think if I can get some hours in I will feel a ton better. Thanks for the info I am still "testing the waters". Sooner or later I will win this battle!

Take Care

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Got some sleep last night yay! I took .125 this morning and plan for the same tomorrow morning. I hope there is not any sleep issues tonight. If not I think I am stable again at .125 then try skipping one day. But I guess I will wait and see how tomorrow goes when tomorrow comes, the show must go on.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey owlcrow. Hope you are doing better. I just made the jump about 18 hours ago. I was still taking .25 mg per day. I figure I'm going to have to tough out a few days of not sleeping/ feeling well but at least I won't be constantly worrying about this once that time is up. It's probably going to suck but we did our jobs cutting down, and dragging it out any longer may make the withdrawals slightly more bearable imo. But not enough to keep on torturing myself with this taper anymore. I flushed everything except .5 mg in case it gets really bad. Hopefully I won't need to take anymore, but if I do, I don't have much left anyway. Good luck on this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi owlcrow. So glad to hear that you got some sleep last night, or the night before. That was reallybad for me when tapering and con be debilitating just in general. I didn't sleep well on Tuesday night and it ruined my whole day yesterday and I'm not 100 percent today. But much better than yesterday. You asked what dose I was on when I skipped days. I never got below .5 mg. I spent the whole month of May skipping every 3 days at about a half mg and sometimes 1 mg. I had such severe depression and anxiety that I couldn't hardly get out of bed, so in the long run getting back on Suboxone was my choice. I am steady on 8 mg now and it's the best decision I could make for me. To give a brief history, I was on opiate pain medication for approximately 25 years, from a car accident I had in 1992. Broke 28 different brakes so yeah it was pretty bad. I may or may not come off Suboxone later on in life, who knows but for the time being it was the best thing for me. I do hope that you continue to get some sleep at night because with you having to work, you just need it. I get that. Best of luck to you owlcrow. I'm keeping up with your journey and rooting for you. your forum friend, Angie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Justin,

I hope you fare well during your jump. I am going to test the waters for a bit. Hopefully can get a clean jump. I am ok now on .125 got sleep two nights with that dose about 5 or 6 hours not great but beats the hell out of zilch. Anyhow I hope all works well for you and you make it without incident.

Angie,

Thanks for the reply geez, how long were you off before you decided to continue treatment? Did you ever get over symptoms? Just curious as to how things went and all that.

Anyhow I am ok now at .125 and plan to try a skip day tomorrow and play it by ear from there. Hopefully I have better results this time. I do know though if I start to feel like crap I will take a dose after I hit at least the 36 hour mark which would be tomorrow at 4 pm seeing I took last dose this morning at 4 am. It would be nice to make it through Saturday morning better yet. We will see how it goes. Still tossing ideas around guess it is best to just see what happens and experiment as things progress. Catch you later,

Take Care

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Today was a trial skip day. I did not make it through a whole day. I made it almost 36 hours though and that is a start. I just didn't feel well enough to continue and decided to end the agony, which has not happened yet. I am not sure what to do next. I have dosed later in the day which may make my sleep issue resolve, guess I will find out tonight. I have been groggy, sneezing, and had the blah feeling most of the day. It may be because I only had one soda and usually have 5 or so a day. Not good I know, but habits are hard to break. I've been drinking lemon water instead throughout the day. I did manage to get my truck in for emission testing and go to the bank today. Made and ate chicken on the grill but forced myself through all actions.
I thought I had this, I guess I need to continue my experiment until I reach a successful end. I just took a .125 dose after a 35 hour wait and hope to feel relief soon. I need to get things done tomorrow and just can't function with feeling so unenergetic.
I will post a bit later to address how I react to the .125 I took a short time ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ok,

Took .125 on Friday at 3 pm, I have made it through yesterday and I slept a bit last night which is better than my last attempt. I am now about 39 hours since my last dose. I am not sure what to do at this point, but am thinking on taking another dose of .125 to rid myself of the blah feeling I have. Only if I knew how much longer this would last, the hard part is knowing I can take a dose and hopefully have that dissipate. The other thing is I have to work tomorrow and that is weighing on me.
I am not sure what to do I am fighting the battle now and as much as I want to dose I also want this to be over. I have absolutely no energy or desire to do much of anything. I need to go to the store today to gather lunch items to take to work. And my little dog is getting restless because I have been so lazy the last couple of days. I need to play with her and am having a hard time moving around to do anything. I guess I will have made some progress if I decide to break down and dose. I am not sure what to do at this point taking .0625 may be too little to help but would be a reduction.
I also wonder if a kicker dose may pull me through but don't care to go backwards either. If I go by the theory of listening to my body I would dose now and make the lingering yucky feeling subside. Did I just answer myself?
In a way yes and in a way no, it's like a double edged sword at this point on one hand I want to get it over with on the other I don't want to feel like crap. The hardest part is not knowing how much longer I would have to deal with the feeling of no energy and just blah overall feeling. I will post what I decide to do later.
Try to push through or not that is the dilemma. Guess I am trying to sort out the pro's and con's as I write this. Would it make sense to increase my dose to .25 and try to expand the time between doses? I have this Friday off and then my three day off opportunity fades for three more weeks before I have another three day weekend. So many thoughts yikes!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Upon thinking it over and accessing how I feel I think I will be able to make the 48 hour mark, which is 3 pm today. At this point it does not seem as if symptoms are worsening or getting better either. However I would have to rate them at a scale of 3 or 4 on a 1 to 10. I am sneezing, lacking energy big time but plan to get busy doing something around here to kill the time between now and when I can dose at the 48 hour mark. After that I will play it by ear because of work. Will post further actions, just trying to get through this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

don't increase your dose.

Stick with skipping days and 48 hours between doses at this point. You're basically going to stabilize at .063 a day, which is a pretty solid place to jump from after you stabilze there (by skipping days)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Owlcrow, I'm sorry that this is all so hard, but no doubt about it, it is. Hard but not undoable. Please do not go by my past experience with coming off Suboxone. (Don't think you could actually say that I came off, but I did get to where I was skipping 3 days, and that was because my clinic closed down without notice) But you asked how long was I off Subs and the answer is 3 days at the most. This happened for the entire month of May. But, I didn't have time to do a proper taper. When I say proper taper, I'm talking about at least a year. I was eating ok but the next time around I'm going to try to be on a super clean diet. Are you aware of PAWS? If not google it. I believe that it is something that everyone that comes off Suboxone goes through. Different degrees of, but yeah, pretty much think I'm being realistic when I say that everyone will go through a bit of PAWS. I'm not going to get into the in"s and out's of PAWS on here but it is probably something that you need to look into, ok. I hope you are enjoying your weekend and love on that puppy dog of yours. There is nothing like an animals love that they show us. My poor Cupcake, a pit bull mix, broke her toenail, lol well claw and has been wining and under the weather and it just breaks my heart. I held her last night while she went to sleep and have been really upset over the whole ordeal. My parents are gone now to get her some Neosporin as I do not drive. Anyway just thought I would share that. Your forum friend, Angie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Owlcrow, congrats on your continuing taper. I totally understand what you're going thru and wish you the best.

As for myself I tapered slowly but taking still more time would have made it easier. There's nothing wrong with taking more time to stabilize. Even small drops at this stage are large percentage wise, .125-.063 is a 50% reduction. It's astounding just how powerful this medication is. As I think I mentioned before to help with the sleep issues I split my dose. Also gabapentin and clonodine ftw.

I'm still having sleep issues myself and I quit 110 days ago today. It's a slow progression towards feeling 100% again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next