It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Had to ask my doctor for Clonidine but I was able to get some which is good. He thought I was asking for Clonazepam. Going to try to skip my afternoon dose or cut it in half. Just watching some baseball right now and filling out applications. Clonidine is already helping.

Craving nicotine big time again, but I am eating more now which is good. My baseball team is also winning so that is always fun.

Post subject: Clonodine
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Clonodine is a god send, im skipping my dose today too. Going to see if I can make it this time around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:59 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I made it without the afternoon dose yesterday... didn't even miss it. Did wake up in the middle of the night for a bit (keep in mind I am taking a very low dose of seroquel for sleep and also a clonidine) but that was about it. Woke up feeling a bit uncomfortable, but I feel much better now after the clonidine and a Atarax (hydroxyzine).

So, I am going to try to not take any Sub today and see how I feel. No pressure. If I feel like I have to take it, I will start with it cut in half.

Edit: Just realize that I took my last dose yesterday in the early morning. This means I am at around the 24 hour mark.

Last edited by stephent on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: Clonodine
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ozzy619 wrote:
Clonodine is a god send, im skipping my dose today too. Going to see if I can make it this time around.

good luck, keep us updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey stephen, I just saw in that other thread that you're an INFJ, I'm an INTJ. Being an introvert in an extrovert world is kinda difficult at times, but hell, so is being an addict. We just gotta roll with it.

Good luck to you and Ozzy on skipping a day of Suboxone. Keep yourself busy, don't let your mind focus too much on how you're feeling (that's hard for us introverts) and keep your eye on the prize!!!

Post subject: 24hr
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Right on, my skipped day went well too, I woke up early but did sleep abit as I take seroquel as well. Im going to try and tough this out, but like yo u said, if it gets too bad I can always take a sliver. But hopefully we can endure so we can finally get back to normal. Btw im an INFP lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

^^^

Good to hear. Lets both try to be honest with ourselves and make sure we do not try to go too fast.

I ended up going to the grocery store to pick up some Loperamide and some protein shakes. I also was able to eat some oatmeal. Eating is so key, you have to get protein in you some how.

Ended up taking 6 milligrams of Loperamide, this should last me until at least tomm evening. I have found Lope is great for the stomach issues, which were just starting to set in a bit.

Its funny, I have been into that store doing the same thing so many times. However, this time I know its going to be my last time going in there sick from opiate WD. Its crazy, but I actually sat and reflected on that for a minute or two when I got back to my car in the parking lot.

I am not sure how much of this fatigue is from withdrawal and how much is from the clonidine and atarax. I guess time will tell. I am starting to feel "shots" of energy, the nerves getting tingly and what not. Might be the onset of anxiety but might also be the cup of coffee. As weird as it sounds it is slightly enjoyable. This has happened to me before when tapering off of full agonists (as mentioned, I always tapered off).. it feels as if the body is starting to wake up.

Going to try to work myself towards taking a shower or bath.

Post subject: Lope
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yea my stomache was killing me last night and I had to take lope too. Sounds like were at the same spot, I feel completely fine all except for being so damn tired and hazy. Its almost like I want the wds to start. Last time I got to day three befote they kicked in but that was when I jumped cold turkey from 4mgs. I honestly think this will be doable for the.both of us and with the support on here were golden. If it gets too bad I czn take a sliver, but so far so good. And ur right about the.eating, I have to make myself eat and that helps so much. Keep me updated man andilldo the same on this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yeah, I will try to keep this updated. That sounds good. I know that eventually we will be able to get over this.

Like I said, I am just playing this by ear. I am not opposed to taking a sliver if I need too. So far I feel okay enough to get by. The Clonidine is really helping. I planned on playing lots of video games today, but I have only been able to manage to watch sports, I love sports though. My baseball team won again and moved into first place. Its only April but I am a diehard.

I did end up taking a .1 mg of Clonidine this afternoon. Joints were starting to tighten up an hour after a hot soak. I was starting to feel very restless. So today I have taken a total of .2. I need to stay on top of this as I might have to do a day or two taper off the Clonidine.. just to prevent any kind of rebound hypertension.

The thing about Sub WD is you do not know where you are at... are the WDs going to get stronger? If so how much? Will I get all the symptoms at once? I have noticed that with Sub withdrawals symptoms seem to come at different time. This is very manageable for me. Hopefully it turns out to be like this. Obviously, only time will answer these questions. I know lower doses, especially ones less then a milligram tend to leave the body much quicker. I have a very fast metabolism as well.

I am also keeping a much longer log that I will post online (probably here and maybe Erowid???) I managed to walk the dog a bit (a daily ritual I have done ever since my other dog passed when she was 13), eat some eggs for dinner, did a few pushups.

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

End of day two and still fine, feel a little emotional but thats it. From my last experience I know tomorrow should be the onset, but I hope its not that bad. It sucks that my gf has no idea of what this is like but thank god for this forum.

I took .2mg clonodine today, 2 vistaril pills and 100mgs of seroquel. Had a quicki e workout and took animal pak multi vitamins as well as imodium, even though I dont need the imodium yet. And been eating throughout theday.

Update me first thing tomorrow and let me know how ur doing. Btw I cried tonight and wasnt even sad, guess its a sign of good things to come, getting my emotions back. If I feel like absolute shit tomorrow or tonight ill take .06mgs of sub and if not stabalized willgo up .06mg once more but.not to exceed .125mgs. But so far very manageable as well. Good night and god bless bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:09 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ended up taking a very tiny square (maybe around .10 mgs? ) last night, I do not even think it had much effect. It was pretty difficult for me to sleep, I was rolling around with the whole cramped legs and tightened joints (elbows and legs). Its annoying but what can you do. Was able to fall asleep eventually though and woke up feeling slightly better energy wise, legs are still killing me. I went for a very quick walk and feel slightly better.

Took 25 mgs of Hydroxyzine, .1 mg of clonidine, 400 mgs of Ibuprofen and 1 multi-vitamin.

Going to be interesting to see how today goes. I have to work for a few hours tomorrow, but I can call in if I have too. I am more concerned about the application I have to drop off in the morning tomorrow. But if that is the worst thing I have to do I can handle it.

If I get worse and feel like total crap, I can always take .125 for two or three more days as after Wednesday I am totally open till next monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Not feeling all that bad right now, I am wondering if that sliver last night set me back. I felt worse this morning though. Only time will tell. I took 25 milligrams of Hydroxyzine in the afternoon and some Hylands Leg Cramps with Quinine. Slight anxiety breaking through the Hydroxyzine+Clonidine (only .1 mgs of that so far) but nothing serious. I can almost feel it in the background. Had about 15 to 20 minutes of actually feeling pretty good.

Working on applications and watching baseball of course. Some good TV on tonight and I might even be able to play some video games.

Its going to be interesting to read this in a few months. I always liked doing that, maybe I will try to find some of my old posts on other boards in the next few days.

Also, I am trying to avoid reading the Suboxone horror stories. I do not think they will really apply to me and I am not scared of the withdrawals. I am eager to get over them, but not scared. I have withdrawaled before, including from opiates which sit in your system for a long time (poppy pods).

Hope things are going well or at least okay for you Ozzy and anyone else out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just wanted to congradulate you guys. You are both doing great and pretty close to done. I stopped at 0.0625 after just barely 5 days on that amount. I figured if I am gonna feel like this anyway, the WD can not possibly be much worse...and it wasnt. I mean I have a few annoying little symptoms but nothing as horrible as I imagined. KEEP UP the GREAT work guys!!! Almost there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No you are doing great man, you listened to your body and did what it told you, this is a process. Its a positive sign that .1mg made you feel ok, that means your body is getting the sub out of your system, you were once taking .25 so youre making great progress. Do see it as a set back! Ive struggled twice before but always went about it the wrong way, I know what stopping at 4mgs feels like and that sucks. I think you have a fast metabolism than me, im expecting the stuff u felt tonight.

I had to make myself get out of the house today. Tapering was so hard for me, it zapped all my energy, made me super depressed and gained crazy weight. Cant wait to get out of this haze and back to my old self.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ozzy619 wrote:
No you are doing great man, you listened to your body and did what it told you, this is a process. Its a positive sign that .1mg made you feel ok, that means your body is getting the sub out of your system, you were once taking .25 so youre making great progress. Do see it as a set back! Ive struggled twice before but always went about it the wrong way, I know what stopping at 4mgs feels like and that sucks. I think you have a fast metabolism than me, im expecting the stuff u felt tonight.

I had to make myself get out of the house today. Tapering was so hard for me, it zapped all my energy, made me super depressed and gained crazy weight. Cant wait to get out of this haze and back to my old self.

We will be out of that haze before you know it. I cannot wait to look back on this in a week, two weeks, two months, six months etc etc. This is the last time we have to withdrawal from opiates! That is making this much easier for me. I know even when I was using, it was much easier to get off when you wanted to compared to running out or something.

Glad to hear you are doing okay, and yes I have a ridiciously fast metabolism. Tapering has actually made me lose some weight that I had to work very hard for (lifting), but thankfully it is easier to get it back and I will when I get on a proper diet. The energy drain I felt off and on during my taper made it difficult to work out (basically when I went down into the 1.5 range). Cannot wait to be able to get back on a proper diet, its has been difficult to eat.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I am not seeing taking the sliver as a setback! That is one thing I am good at, not feeling guilty with things related to getting better. Its all part of the process. Looking forward to some HBO shows tonight and hoping I sleep well. Not planning on taking any Suboxone, obviously if I need to I will. I know I took the sliver around 7:00 or 8:00, it was before the Hockey game I planned on watching (ended up having to lay in bed and listen to it on the radio), just could not get comfy on the couch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Also, love all the Briggs-Meyers talk! I am planning on going to grad school soon in order to get my counseling masters. I have started looking at schools, but that has been put on the back burner a little until I get over this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:51 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hardly slept at all last night, but did not take any Suboxone. Its not too bad, more annoying then anything. Just trying to wake up and get my day going. I doubt I go into work today (its a part time gig later in the afternoon). Joints a little achy and some anxiety, for whatever reason it is worst when I lay down. Going to have to try to stay active. I do have to drop off an application this morning so I need to try to look presentable.

Keep fighting everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:56 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Starting to feel much better then I did last night.. took the day off of work. I am having a friend drive me to drop off the application (better safe then sorry)... no cravings (maybe a little for sub), no depression, just some muscle tightness and RSL. Not bad at all. Still listening to my body, if I need to take a sliver so be it. I was sortof tempted to last night, but I just decided to fight through it. Nights are always the worst, when you cannot sleep.

Going to try to start figuring out how I want to taper the Clonidine back in the next few days.

Meds:

5:50 AM: .1 mg of clonidine, 25 milligrams of Atarax (think I was able to fall asleep for an hour here),

7:00: Wellbutrin, cup of coffee and nutrition shake. Ibuprofen and Multi-V.

One weird thing, I haven't had many stomach issues at all. I haven't taken any Loperamide since Saturday morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Starting to feel pretty decent again in the afternoon. It might not last (it didn't last night, but still wasn't as bad as the night before) but I will take this little reprieve. I do not remember this happening with any other opiate. I guess all in all today has been the easiest so far at least. Dropped off my application and saw my new niece (wasn't the best uncle today, did not hold her :( ). Still going okay, will update later tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully I get some sleep tonight, but I can keep up the fight if not.

One thing that is difficult is keeping warm! Do not know what the deal with that is, if it keeps up I will try to use the electric blanket. I tried to do that last night but it did not work out, needed a blanket that I could move around in.

Post subject: keep it up
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Stick to your plan. I followed a similar path and yes there were good days and bad but I was able to stop. 4 months clean and never looking back. I had slight withdrawals but nothing compared to oxy, NOTHING! My biggest issue was just focusing at work but that didn't last but a few days.