It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well I'm almost there. I've gotten down to 1mg of sub a day. Going to try and drop to .75 tomorrow and once I settle at that then drop another .25. Trying to figure out where to jump but ultimately it'll be my body that decides..as it has all along through this. I'm 9 weeks along and with my first prenatal visit scheduled in two weeks, ideally I want to be off before then. I'm hoping my body will cooperate with me. I REALLY want off, especially after reading some horror stories about women forced to leave their babies in hospital and being treated like shit by the medical staff. I want to go to that prenatal appt and be off sub and not even mention I was on it. I'm nervous but determined to do this. I've stuck to my taper and although yes I've had wds, nothing horrible.

One good thing, I finally got on subutex and off suboxone. It was like pulling teeth but I did it. The only downfall is my doc could only get 8 mg tabs so it's been real fun trying to break it up into 1 mg pieces :( but I've done my best and that's all I can do. Thinking about crushing up the whole tab and dividing into 8 little piles. Might get more accurate that way. I've also heard of the liquid taper but think I'd feel more comfortable doing it the powder way. I have so many things running through my head: Will sub let me go fairly easily? After all, I've "paid my dues" for the last 4 weeks with mild wds. Will I be ok post wd? By that I mean I'm worried about the anxiety and depression. I am really trying to stay optimistic but as the end draws near I'm thinking about it a lot more. I try not to "overthink" it but sometimes I end up doing just that. The hormones of pregnancy definitely don't help my emotions either. Well, all I can do is take it a day at a time and try not to freak myself out by worrying about it too much. Luckily I have the support of my doctor and he thinks I'll do fine with going off. Ok, well thanks for listening to me and I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Post subject: scared too
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

ive been wondering if anyone else has tapered off successfully during pregnancy. i am worried i am pregnant, and am on 2mg a day now. i tapered myself down from 14mg as that was just not necessary.
been on it for 2 months and am literally freaked out about the stories of misscairage while trying to taper off during pregnancy. can you please update me on how it goes for you?
thanks! god bless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Jenzo, it can be done. As of now I am down to .5 of a mg. Basically dust dose! In my experience, as long as you listen to your body as you taper your fine. Get with your doctor and come up with a good taper plan. My doc gave me free reign on tapering because he agreed my body would let me know how much and how often. I went to a site (drugs.com) there is a guy there named Robert 325 with vast knowledge on suboxone. When I hit the 1 mg mark I wasn't sure how to proceed and I came across him. He's helped MANY other pregnant women get off sub and give birth to healthy, NAS-free babies. I highly recommend touching base with him as he's pretty awesome as far as figuring out dosages and when to drop etc. And its just nice to have support from someone who's done this many times.

At no point during this taper have I ever been in severe withdrawl. I have had a couple ultrasounds done and baby is doing great!! The wds have been more annoying then anything. Nothing worse then some sweating and anxiety and now that I'm down to the nitty gritty some fatigue but nothing unbearable. YOU COULD DO THIS!!! To be honest it was a lot easier then I thought it would be. Having the right mindset is important and so is a solid support system whether that be NA, a therapist..whatever you like as long as it helps you stay the course. Yes of course the fear of miscarraige is what keeps so many of us on this but if you have a solid support system, can taper at a pace that your body can handle and have a strong will to be off sub then you can do this. I will never knock anyone who stays on sub their whole pregnancy but for me tapering off was the right thing to do. The idea of having to risk a baby being born addicted was unfathomable to me so I set my mind to it and am almost done!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

free_bird wrote:
Jenzo, it can be done. As of now I am down to .5 of a mg. Basically dust dose! In my experience, as long as you listen to your body as you taper your fine. Get with your doctor and come up with a good taper plan. My doc gave me free reign on tapering because he agreed my body would let me know how much and how often. I went to a site (drugs.com) there is a guy there named Robert 325 with vast knowledge on suboxone. When I hit the 1 mg mark I wasn't sure how to proceed and I came across him. He's helped MANY other pregnant women get off sub and give birth to healthy, NAS-free babies. I highly recommend touching base with him as he's pretty awesome as far as figuring out dosages and when to drop etc. And its just nice to have support from someone who's done this many times.

At no point during this taper have I ever been in severe withdrawl. I have had a couple ultrasounds done and baby is doing great!! The wds have been more annoying then anything. Nothing worse then some sweating and anxiety and now that I'm down to the nitty gritty some fatigue but nothing unbearable. YOU COULD DO THIS!!! To be honest it was a lot easier then I thought it would be. Having the right mindset is important and so is a solid support system whether that be NA, a therapist..whatever you like as long as it helps you stay the course. Yes of course the fear of miscarraige is what keeps so many of us on this but if you have a solid support system, can taper at a pace that your body can handle and have a strong will to be off sub then you can do this. I will never knock anyone who stays on sub their whole pregnancy but for me tapering off was the right thing to do. The idea of having to risk a baby being born addicted was unfathomable to me so I set my mind to it and am almost done!!

thanks that is very inspiring. i will check out that website for sure. i am unsure if i am preg, but just got very worried about it if it is the case. congrats on your progress! i am getting the 2mg films this week and then ill be able to really taper down.

Post subject: update???
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

how are you????
i took a test last week=negatory!!! so i think im ok. im back to 4mgs for a month, then im tapering to 1mg slowly by dec. no preggers until after!!!
Let me know how you are!