It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: tapered down to .25mg
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi all, this is my first time posting so forgive any blunders. i am tapering off subs after a little over a year on them. before that i was addicted to opiates, without discrimination of type i.e. opana morphine etc for a year. i have taken .25mg a day for three days. my taper was quicker than some ive seen posted on charts but i really feel ready to not have this as a part of my life and want to focus on recovery. im taking vitamins, l-tyrosine, all the b vitamins, a multivitamin, potassium, and some aleve as needed. i would like to jump off or skip days but the nights for me are really unbearable. tried melatonin and other otc things. i am now prescribed trazodone for the short period of detox, hasnt helped at the dose im taking, 100mg. does make me feel groggy and unable to move during fits of insomnia. i exercise, riding between 10-20 miles on my bike. i have been going to na meetings as a form of support. hopefully someone else has had similar enough experiences with this point in tapering and can offer me some guidance, even if it is hold tight and get through it i suppose. thanks, good luck to all :).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I jumped at 2 mgs 6 days ago. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be even at 2 mgs. Days 1 thru 3 I had the sweats and a little bit of anxiety, but manageable. I didnt lay around those days like I did before when I tried to stop. I even went to work and a graduation ceremony on day 2. I dont take anything but immodium right now for the nasty stomach issues. At day 6, feelin pretty decent. I do have sleep issues and fatigue but nothing that makes me wanna go back on subs to get rid of.

jumping at .25 will be pretty manageable! As long asyou take a ppositive approach towards it all you should be fine!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:49 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

nebby wrote:
hi all, this is my first time posting so forgive any blunders. i am tapering off subs after a little over a year on them. before that i was addicted to opiates, without discrimination of type i.e. opana morphine etc for a year. i have taken .25mg a day for three days. my taper was quicker than some ive seen posted on charts but i really feel ready to not have this as a part of my life and want to focus on recovery. im taking vitamins, l-tyrosine, all the b vitamins, a multivitamin, potassium, and some aleve as needed. i would like to jump off or skip days but the nights for me are really unbearable. tried melatonin and other otc things. i am now prescribed trazodone for the short period of detox, hasnt helped at the dose im taking, 100mg. does make me feel groggy and unable to move during fits of insomnia. i exercise, riding between 10-20 miles on my bike. i have been going to na meetings as a form of support. hopefully someone else has had similar enough experiences with this point in tapering and can offer me some guidance, even if it is hold tight and get through it i suppose. thanks, good luck to all :).

give it 7 days you should feel much better. that's acute(not to bad), chronic phase that's up too you, positive mental attitude, keep moving, do anything not to think about it.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hope to be down to .25 mg/day by next weekend (currently on .75 mg), then start skipping days soon after. It's good to hear about your experience, congrats!

-- JI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks to you both, I think you're right about just kind of going for it and handling what comes. Thanks again and congrats on you're 6th day!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You can do it, honestly, I am THE BIGGEST WIMP when it comes to feelings of detox but it really hasnt been to bad! Its the fear of the unknown that keeps us on subs. Once you get past day 3, you really gain momentum!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

trainer14 wrote:
I jumped at 2 mgs 6 days ago. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be even at 2 mgs. Days 1 thru 3 I had the sweats and a little bit of anxiety, but manageable. I didnt lay around those days like I did before when I tried to stop. I even went to work and a graduation ceremony on day 2. I dont take anything but immodium right now for the nasty stomach issues. At day 6, feelin pretty decent. I do have sleep issues and fatigue but nothing that makes me wanna go back on subs to get rid of.

jumping at .25 will be pretty manageable! As long asyou take a ppositive approach towards it all you should be fine!

thanks! i did a rapid kind of taper after i got to about 2 mg, sometimes i wonder if i have prolonged some w/d symptoms. oh well though the point is getting off despite how hard it may or may not be. yeah i was in the process of moving when i dropped from .5 to .25 and working and hope to remain working throughout. i agree being busy is a plus. except for the insomnia, and general crying/anxiety that hits pretty hard sometimes it is something that you can live/function and go through. support/communication/meetings/exercise/mediation/stretching/human interaction help.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

dirtyblonde wrote:
nebby wrote:

give it 7 days you should feel much better. that's acute(not to bad), chronic phase that's up too you, positive mental attitude, keep moving, do anything not to think about it.

thanks. well see im over a day without, ill let everyone know how it works out!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:38 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

how are you feeling, I hope ok. with you taper this should be over fairly fast(acute).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqjlFGZxtE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well it has been almost 5 days since i jumped. i guess its true it is a bit of a physical/mental roller coaster. nothing that i havent been able to go about my day to day life and get through but still im in my own little corner mentally fighting the creeping anxiety most of the time. yesterday i was tired. it could have been from wearing myself out with 40 mile bike rides for two days after moving all my stuff for three days. if you are committed to getting off sub i would say listen to your body/mind and jump when you feel you can manage. i was pretty comfortable doing so after three days at .25. i have been taking trazodone for sleep. last night i took the lowest dose i have since jumping and still managed to get some sleep. THANKS everyone. today is my birthday and im happy to be clean :).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy Birthday!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo wrote:
Happy Birthday!!!!

thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Late happy birthday btw.

So how are you doing on day 2?

I'm now down to .5 mg/day, and plan to be down to .25 by this coming weekend, and am wondering whether stop after 4 or 5 days of .25 mg/day. I'm really interested in hearing about your experience, especially in terms of physical symptoms.

-- JI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:50 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

yea happy late b/d from d/b. :D