It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tapered to 1mg/daily
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi all-

I've been on subutex for roughly 4 years now - to long for my liking. I really did not know what I was getting myself into at the start of it and was not properly informed what the drug really was by my doctor. But just as many of us I was desperate to rid the feeling of withdrawl. I had rougly a 5-6 month percocet habit that rapidly began to take over my life. I was trying to mask emotional pain I was feeling at the time by losing my best friend. Once I felt the deep dark circles of addiction I reached out for help and my family was there every step of the way to provide support. I am lucky. I know now I just traded one addicition for another in my case. For the past 4 months I've been on 1mg a day. I tapered down from roughly 4 mg to the now 1 mg a day. I am proud of myself for doing so. At first it was a little tough tapering down but after a few days of my brain becoming adjusted I felt great. The truth is I feel I can 'survive' on even lower then the 1 mg of subutex daily but I take it to curb my anxiety. I have a very stressful job and at the end of the day I often have quite a bit of stress and anxiety and I use the subutex like a person would drink a glass of wine, to relax. I am under the care of a doctor and have been the entire time and he is happy that I am on a low dose that I am on. I do not have a time table to go even lower, but when I am mentally ready to do so I feel I will then continue the taper. It's a constant struggle however in that part of me wants to continue to get as low as possible and the other part of me wants to stay where I am. If I could snap my fingers and be off I would do so, but as we all know that is not how it works. I will say I tried to jump off from roughly 4mg a day about 1 1/2 years ago and went cold turkey and make it about 60 hours and caved. I was not ready and it was not the right way for me to go about getting off. I felt pressure to be off and I jumped and learned how tapering is the way to go. I hope everyone that wants to come off sub finds some peace and support from loved ones and friends. I understand and respect why people take it and for those that need it. I would like to experience what life now would be like without it and I will say that each time you get lower and lower with your doses I do become a little more clear mentally and feel good. Baby steps I keep telling myself and when I'm ready I'll know it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi, I just wanted to offer you support when ready to taper off of 1mg. I am also at 1mg and planning my taper as soon as this Friday (I feel I have leveled out on 1mg again so ready). I went down to about .6 at one point but I messed up my dosing and "emotionally" became confused and overwhelmed so ended up doing what I now know never to do - I dosed "up" - some people call it a "sliver". I realize that I am not one of those that can take a "sliver" here and there without kidding myself right back to wanting to feel better period - I took enough to make me feel I needed to level again at 1mg. Anyway, so here I am.

I split my dose twice a day. I take .5 in morning and .5 in afternoon. This works great for me. I have a plan. My suggestion is you get one too on direction you will take for your taper.

For me, I will drop every 4 days for the initial drops until I feel I may need more time to level. Personally I need a plan to level as well as taper as otherwise my mind tricks me and I get lazy or for whatever reason, lose focus. So, for me, I plan to level between 5-10 days. Only when I feel I have not quite adjusted will I extend to 3 weeks max (maybe when I get to about .5 that may be a 3 week leveling). On the lower levels, I dont mind sitting for awhile. This isnt a race, just want to be comfortable and not make this harder than it needs to be. As long as I dont dose up, I'll be happy.

I have read recently where a gal that used to post about 2 years ago is now off this. So I am now more determined as I feel I just keep making excuses. All the experiences have been good for me though. God has allowed me to see why I need to get off and (for me) all my trials experimenting have proven good life lessons. That vassilating to stay on this drug - that was huge for me too. I needed to address that as you need to believe in your sobriety for you to keep that positive direction. If you dont believe in why you are doing this, it just becomes a vicious circle of disappointment.

Doubt cannot be in the picture. If you read through the success stories there is a resounding BELIEF from their very first post (no more "maybe's) - that is why most are so positive.

I believe my life is better, so will yours.

Anyway, I will watch to see your progress but Im "officially" starting this weekend (Friday to be exact) . Blessings to your progress..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Valley,

Just wanted to chime in with a little support as well. I loved Karens post, I agree with everything she said. A positive attitude is going to be our best weapon here. Going in knowing that this isn't easy but we are prepared to fight through it and make it to the other side is the key. It's cool that there are several people currently posting about tapering down and trying to jump soon. I am encouraged just reading everyone else's experiences.

Keep posting guys. Good luck to you both!