It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Taper shnayper shit-pack grunt monster! :(

I've just, well almost 2 weeks ago, gone from 8-6mg. This Friday coming, 6-4mg.

This drop gone was quite SHITEY for 4 or 5 days. Hmmm.... Waking up at 4am. Sore, sore legs. Mr whimper McGrumpysnipe. WAAAAAH! Then it settles down and I have to wait a week and go through it all AGAIN!?

SURELY SURELY SURELY??????

It's better just to bite the fokkin bullet, jumpetty-jump and suffer once and for all...like I'm going to have to do anyway??

Seeing the prescriber Doc on Thursday. I will take their advice, of course, but I am going to request soonest possible date for jumpoffery.

Her initial plans were drops every 2 weeks from the 12mg I was on: 12,10,8,6,4,2,1,0.6,0.4,0.2...?
That would take another 10 weeks from now. I seriously believe that would kill me.

I suggest a week each at 4, 2, and 1 then offski. 3 weeks from now.

Am I being idiotic??

I don't even know if I'm thinking straight now?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Kanzeon wrote:
Taper shnayper shit-pack grunt monster! :(

I've just, well almost 2 weeks ago, gone from 8-6mg. This Friday coming, 6-4mg.

This drop gone was quite SHITEY for 4 or 5 days. Hmmm.... Waking up at 4am. Sore, sore legs. Mr whimper McGrumpysnipe. WAAAAAH! Then it settles down and I have to wait a week and go through it all AGAIN!?

SURELY SURELY SURELY??????

It's better just to bite the fokkin bullet, jumpetty-jump and suffer once and for all...like I'm going to have to do anyway??

Seeing the prescriber Doc on Thursday. I will take their advice, of course, but I am going to request soonest possible date for jumpoffery.

Her initial plans were drops every 2 weeks from the 12mg I was on: 12,10,8,6,4,2,1,0.6,0.4,0.2...?
That would take another 10 weeks from now. I seriously believe that would kill me.

I suggest a week each at 4, 2, and 1 then offski. 3 weeks from now.

Am I being idiotic??

I don't even know if I'm thinking straight now?

You seem to be thinking straight :) ..I mean you have strarted the journey..which from my exipirience and others is much easier to write on papar (6-4-2-1..and so on..) Like I said in my previous posts this is a game of patience my friend..so if things don't go as quick as your originial plan was - the most important thing is to not get down and out...after all this is the defining moment (next 2 to 3 months) of your next life after sub...a life in chains is was it was for me

stay good

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ButterFLYING! wrote:
fuser wrote:
Thanks Bfly..I get what you mean..but over the last few weeks I have been expiriencing a slight depression and emptiness..which I characterised as PAWS.. wd is another thing but i think PAWS might be already here in a way.. anyway it sure cannot be as bad as we make it in our head :)

Hi fuser,
Yeah, I also went through some bouts of depression around the dose you are at...it sucks, but it did help me to post about it and get feedback that it was a "normal' part of the process, and would not last.

I became really freaked out one weekend that I was going to slide into a long term depression (been there before and just cannot go back- I don't think I would survive it, for real). Anyway, the depressive thoughts intensified when I was alone in a darkened room (big surprise there huh?) so for me it helped to get 'up and out' into the light, sunshine, around other people, and "out' of my own head. It can be difficult to force yourself to do this as at least for me, "wallowing" in those feelings alone can seem like the easier thing to do.

Of course life is not going to be all sunshine and roses- bad feelings inspire us to make healthy changes to "fix' the root of the problems and grow (unless we hide from them by say, taking drugs). I found though while going through the tapering process I just had to "shelf" those feelings for awhile until I was stronger and healthier- tapering itself takes so much energy and fortitude I found I had little left to deal with some of the "shit" I was carrying around in my head.

Be kind and gentle with yourself. Be forgiving of yourself! Take good care of yourself as if you were nursing a sick child, which is what we all are anyway on this road to recovery- IMO we are all God's children, and in our sickness need nurturing and love, like all sick children need to help them get well again.

Take care and I hope you have a good day. My advice for mood besides getting out of your head and trying to focus on others, is listen to uplifting music and exercise. Both do wonders!
BF

BF...I kid you not..you have this ability to describe things in words that are not that easy to describe! ..and you do it good.. You should think about writting a book about your taper and pre/post expiriences :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

fuser wrote:

BF...I kid you not..you have this ability to describe things in words that are not that easy to describe! ..and you do it good.. You should think about writting a book about your taper and pre/post expiriences :)

Wow, what a nice compliment fuser, thank you.
How are you feeling??

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ButterFLYING! wrote:
fuser wrote:

Wow, what a nice compliment fuser, thank you.
How are you feeling??

Ok...I get through the day so easy until about 3pm.... :)
Plus..I'm getting massive sneezing fits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:49 pm 

My worst part was dropping too much too quickly, and that was fixed almost immediately. Don't go down lower than a 25% reduction.

rule

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

rule62 wrote:
My worst part was dropping too much too quickly, and that was fixed almost immediately. Don't go down lower than a 25% reduction.

rule

Hmmm...thank-you for this. I hear it AGAIN after such a short time on the board.

But what can you do when THEY have such strict prescribing guidelines? It's not even the person you see - they are working to a set of rules created by a committee of idiots, it would seem :'(

6mg - 4mg today. 33%-ish drop, I think :) ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hi everyone...I haven't been writting at all these days bcs there is still work ahead..I guess the real deal will be once I get to jump off point when I sense I'll have a need to write a lot more and often..
I am still at 0,75 and stabilizing...had a few hard days but didn't take any rescue doses... The issue is still taking 3x a day (.25)..and when going down to 0.5 this might get a little scary bcs I will have to cut to 2x a day..
The pill cutting is getting so annoying that I'm seriously considering the liquid taper method at this point..
The good thing is that I'm back in the gym doing serious workout which does help at the end of the day..
One question for all of you who've been there...will a cut down from .75 to .5 be an issue? I really am tired of this process although I tapered from 3 to 0,75mgs in some 2 months..but cannot imagine prolonging it another 2 months...it is getting exausting mentally as well

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

fuser wrote:
....but cannot imagine prolonging it another 2 months...it is getting exausting mentally as well

Hi fuser,
Glad to see you back. Congrats on not taking rescue doses! Going from 3 to 2 doses was a challenge for me, but not as bad as I feared (like most of this process, not nearly as bad as the "fear" of it). I spaced them as close to 12 hours apart as I could, to try and stay "even". Just keep busy between. I remember it was rather "freeing" to get rid of that 3rd dose.
If you continue to taper, I imagine you will be prolonging the process at least two months.
If you jump today, you could be feeling pretty darn well in roughly 20 days. It appears to me that no matter the dose, most people turn a corner for the better around day 20. And .75 is way lower than many many people jump from.
Only you can say what is right for you. Personally I am SO GLAD I jumped sooner than later and got it over with. Day 29 for me!
Keep us posted!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi