It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Alright,

I have begun the real taper now. Long story short. Had been on 32mg of suboxone for almost six years for pain management. Am also an addict, of course drug of choice any opiate. I have a physician who has helped with my pain, it is so much better now. I have a great support system, am taking several important steps to stay clean. It is time, the side effects are getting the better of my health.

So I am at 3mg now of the Subutex, switched to these, it is easier to taper than the strips for me. I am at day four right now at this dose, the body aches are pretty bad but I have comfort medications to help. Sleep sucks but that is expected too.

I am scared shitless, have been trying to get off before and the withdraw was horrible, but those times I went to fast and was not prepared. I have a lot more information now and more support too.

I plan to keep this updated to see how it goes and to help myself also, I just need some moral support I guess. Am hoping to make some long term friends here who are also clean of sub and keeping the lifestyle.

Here goes nothing. Right not my legs are on fire, am going to stretch and see if it helps, a hot bath is a good idea too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ontoolong wrote:
Alright,

I have begun the real taper now. Long story short. Had been on 32mg of suboxone for almost six years for pain management. Am also an addict, of course drug of choice any opiate. I have a physician who has helped with my pain, it is so much better now. I have a great support system, am taking several important steps to stay clean. It is time, the side effects are getting the better of my health.

So I am at 3mg now of the Subutex, switched to these, it is easier to taper than the strips for me. I am at day four right now at this dose, the body aches are pretty bad but I have comfort medications to help. Sleep sucks but that is expected too.

I am scared shitless, have been trying to get off before and the withdraw was horrible, but those times I went to fast and was not prepared. I have a lot more information now and more support too.

I plan to keep this updated to see how it goes and to help myself also, I just need some moral support I guess. Am hoping to make some long term friends here who are also clean of sub and keeping the lifestyle.

Here goes nothing. Right not my legs are on fire, am going to stretch and see if it helps, a hot bath is a good idea too.

Hi, and congratulations on your progress. 32 mg to 3 mg is a long way down!!

I promise you can absolutely do this. My advice to you is to try to not burn yourself out too much right now. You can most likely go down slowly enough that you won't feel so uncomfortable. As some points, that's not always the case, but I know with my taper, when I felt yucky and pushed even more, I paid for it.

Look, I was the most terrified taperer ever. I was on Sub nearly 6 years and my doses were really high too for much of that. I was skeptical of every success story, and I just thought that I would be unable to do it. However, I did it!! I'm a gigantic wimp too!! :D The only thing there is to be afraid of is the length of time it may take. It took me nearly a full year to taper off 8 mg, and even going that slowly, I still felt icky much of the time. So, it does take a while, but it is 100% possible and doable if you stick with it.

I was taking Klonopin for my entire taper and before my taper. I don't recommend any benzo if you are not already on one. Talk about creating another problem for yourself! I know people take them short-term and very minimally. That may work for you, but I'd never suggest you do it if you can avoid it. I also took Clonidine, which absolutely helped, and I took Melatonin for sleep.

Just hang tight, my friend, and the days with tick by...then before you know it, you will be done!!!

laddertipper

Post subject: hey bro
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i just posted a long article in how to prepare for withdrawals called Preparation is KEY, ive gone through them twice, and now im off for good NO PROBLEM, i used to be super scared too, but i was more sick and tired of fighting this fight, you can taper all you want, you can not stop the withdrawal from coming, but at least get down to one sub tab a day (8 mg) if you can do that for 2 weeks or so you will help your chances in staying off. I had cravings about 2 months ago, but once i started taking all those supplements i recommend, the cravings stopped and the withdrawals were minimal enough for me to go to a few job interviews and get hired. let me know what you think and or how things go. you have the strength within you, but do you know how to use it?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Plugging on
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:53 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well here we are, I am doing pretty well on 3mg at this point. I had been trying to stay at this with the strips when I switched to the pills. I feel like I am doing alright and really want to go to 2mg but am scared shitless. I guess the only way to know is to do it. I am going to give it a shot, maybe 2.5 is a better idea. I think I will try that.
Am going to try the liquid thing here soon, have gotten some advice there.
I also see the special physician here soon, I can't wait to see what he has to say.
Right now all I have is some aches and a bit of loose BM, that was this morning. I actually welcomed it since I have been unable to go for six years. I am sure if they get looser and all I will not welcome it so much :oops:, but this is life here in the detox world, the loose BM is part of the process.

I will update with the decrease, God willing.