It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey bitzy,

It sounds like your taper is going really well. I can certainly identify with the 'crazy' thoughts you spoke about in your previous reply. I believe that's our addict brains at work. We want so desperately to be 'clean', but our addiction does it's best to talk us out of it. My brain did the same thing to me for a good while.

Do you do any group meetings or see any kind of counselor? You're getting to a very low dose of Suboxone, I assume you'll be quitting before too long and I just wanted to make sure you were going to be ready. Like many have said, quitting Suboxone is one thing, staying off drugs is another.

At any rate, Congratulations on sticking with your taper and already being down at 2-3mg/day. That is quite an accomplishment. I know how hard it is to taper and to stick with it and seeing other people being successful with their taper always makes me happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

thanks for your responses!!

laddertripper: i am on the 8mg strips. my dr sugggested at my last visit that i go to the 2mg strips but i just worry that i will have trouble finding them when i go to the pharamcy. around the area i live it seems hard to get anything but the 8mg strips or tablets. i think i will bring it up to my dr and see if we can get the pharmacy to order them in advance so that i will have them ready. i agree that i hate waking up feeling withdrawely, it really sucks so i try to avoid going to long without a dose on the other hand i dont want to get to thte point where im dosibng a tiny bit wevery time i feel a hint of yawning or aching. its tough to balance the tapering and the fear of getting off the subs because that fear makes me want to take these tiny doses all day which i dont want to do because i dont want to get more mentally addicted to subs. anyways, good luck to you in your taper it seems like you got your self pretty low; have you had any issues up to this point?

romeo: yes im in counseling. this is the first counselor i really really can relate to (he had an addiction issue too). i see him once every two weeks and sometimes go to 1 or 2 meetings a week. on avergage i probably go to 4 or 5 meetings a month. i have the support system in place but im still scared about gettting off subs and im not referring only to the taper process. my dr has informed me that this is normal and if i wasnt scared then he would be concerned so with all that said im just taking everything day by day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you found a counselor who knows addiction, my counselor was a recovering Heroin addict and I know it helped me tons to learn how addiction works and to hear it from someone who had been there and done that.

Yeah, getting off sub is a scary proposition, for many reasons. I agree with your doctor, if you weren't scared, then I'd be worried for you. You're right on when you say to take everything day by day!! Tomorrow will come soon enough, let's just get through today.