It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello fellow suboxone humans! I have been following the forum and Dr. Junig's blog since I first started sub assisted recovery in Oct 2013. This will be my first post, as I felt the need to share my successful (so far!) tapering experience with the community. This thread will follow the end of my taper, using the liquid taper method to get off of the very last tiny doses of suboxone.

(Note: I have been gradually decreasing my dose from a starting dose of 16mg down to the .5mg that I have been at for the past couple of weeks.) I will also add, I feel that suboxone is a life saver of a drug, a fantastic tool in recovery, as it gives us addicts time to get our shit back together after years destroying our bodies, our minds, and our entire lives. (I was a lifelong recreational opiate user, then for the last 5 years of using, had a 200-300mg daily habit of anything opiate Rx that I could get my hands on, and that was just to keep me well) i know that many people here have had way worse of a habit, and some of you have had way less of a habit. I don't think it matters, it's not a pissing contest. I believe it's not the actual drug that destroys us, it's our RELATIONSHIP with the drug that causes the problems. So, if a person chooses to go on subs for a 80mg/day perc habit, then that's their deal. At least they recognize the problem that will most likely occur should they keep headed down the path they are headed. I do feel that opiate addiction is a lifelong disease, and I am not opposed to the idea of staying on suboxone for a lifetime. In fact, if after giving this a fair shot, I feel my life heading in a bad direction, back on subs I will go!

Anyway, sorry to get off track. I thought I should clarify my stance on sub maintenance before I begin, to establish that I am in no way at all anti-sub, and in no way at all saying that everyone needs to taper off of their medication.

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. You will know when you are ready to start tapering. I mean even from the very beginning you will know. And i believe you will know during the taper when it is time to reduce your dose again.

GO SLOW AND LOW, ESPECIALLY AT 6MG AND LOWER
In the beginning, i used a regular old slow taper method, breaking my 8mg tablets smaller and smaller. (When i got down to 4mg, my dr switched me to the 2mg tablets for easier tapering) at first, I was able to make pretty large drops in dose. I made about 50% decrease in dose from 16mg all the way down to 6mg. That was all really painless. However, I waited a bit before dropping again each time to let my body/mind adjust. Once i got down to 6mg, i went much much slower. All reductions I made were pretty tiny, and I stayed at each dose anywhere from 4 days to a month, depending on what my body was telling me.

So now, I have been at .5mg for the past two weeks and I am going to try the liquid taper method to avoid having any missed work days or severe WD symptoms. Allegedly this is when it is all said to take place, the last tiny amount being the hardest to be done with!
Here is how I am conducting the liquid taper:

I dissolved a 2mg generic suboxone TABLET in 10ml of water. It took about 15 mins to completely dissolve, and then I stirred the solution with a toothpick.

The container I am using is a little plastic salad dressing container with a lid. I am storing this in the fridge inside a little ziploc baggie in case it should spill. (Little glass jars with better lids on the way from Amazon!)

I got a little medicine dropper in the kids medicine section at Walgreen's. It has measures in ml marked on the dropper. (Also have a more accurate, glass dropper on the way from amazon)

According to my math, with the way I mixed it, 1ml of solution=.2mg of medication.

This way, I can control the small doses required to do a super gradual taper without having horrible intense WD. Dr. Junig recommended in an email (I'm not his patient, but he is extremely helpful in answering emails!!) to split the total dose into two doses during the day to help the symptoms. I am going to try to continue dosing once a day, but as I go lower, I may change my mind.

The measured dose goes under my tongue like usual, and I just keep the watered down solution in my mouth for as long as possible. Today I did 10-15 mins just to be overly cautious that I was absorbing anything. I did spit the solution out afterwards, which I never did do while regular dosing with the excess saliva....I guess that's an individual call on the whole spit/swallow issue. He he! I'm welcome to input on that (or anything else!) if anyone actually reads this....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thought I'd start a new post each time I felt like saying something else, sorry, I tend to get rather "wordy".

I do have the support of my husband and my mom through this all, but I get the feeling they have no relatable experience, and then they just get confused and worried. So it's not really even worth it anymore to bring anything up around them :( I thought I would finally stop stalking the board from afar and start a thread for some support from those of us who know what this whole nightmare of addiction is like! (Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to login again to update! Haha!)

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Today (monday, march 9) I started the first day of my liquid taper off of .5mg of suboxone (using generic 2mg tablets) PS..ive posted my methodology in my original post on this thread, very much open to suggestions if there's any easier/better/more efficient way to do this!

The dosing via liquid method was very simple, and to be honest, tasted way less gross than regular sublingual method. (Not that it was ever too gross to handle, but as time went on, it tasted worse and worse to me, so this was a nice change!) I will say I was a little concerned that dosing with the liquid method wouldn't work. But a couple hours have now passed since my initial liquid dose, and I am feeling better than I have felt all week.

This past few days I have had very mild (yet very annoying!!) WD symptoms. So mild that i have been able to carry on with my days this weekend, going out for groceries, even went out to a big birthday dinner for a friend, and still been managing to eat and drink water! I haven't missed any work during the entire taper from 16mg (well, at least not on account of wds! Ha!) and i work on my feet all day long, dealing with clients nonstop.

The worst of it yesterday was the runny nose and eyes, and my stomach was crampy. Then I took gas x. That helped the gas pains, and pepto helps with the runs, which I've also had going on the past couple days. The runs definitely haven't been fun but that seems to be subsiding today.

I am wondering if the liquid dosing was more effective than that little crumble of pill I've been taking, as it felt like it's been just instantly disappearing once it goes into my mouthhole ;)

I must add though, compared to full blown WD of actual DOC opiates, this is probably extremely minor in comparison. I don't want to discourage or scare anyone, you can definitely handle it. Just trying to be honest as to how it feels.

Since today was my day off, all I've accomplished today is registering to the forum and starting this thread. I figured it could be a very important tool in helping me through the final stages of my taper, so I prioritized it.

My reasons for wanting to discontinue my suboxone treatment? There are a few. Mostly though, I just didn't feel that great being on subs after the first year had passed. I started to feel like I was medicated. I just had this sense that I wanted off of them. The further I get into making positive life changes now that I've had time away from my old using lifestyle, the less I feel the need to take medication of any kind. Also tapered off of prozac that I had been on over 15 years.

My plan to stay out of active addiction is to keep on going further and further with my healthy lifestyle. I enjoy being active, running, hot yoga, regular yoga, meditation... No drinking alcohol or using any other drugs...Eating healthy (well, for the most part! I still love food with a passion!) .. I've gone into business for myself, moved to a new part of town, cut ties with everyone and everything associated with using... Surround myself with positive, healthy people...I plan to keep down this path (I'll admit, this week it's been hard for me to get much exercise with the way I've been feeling, although I know that's probably what I need most right now!) And I feel like once I'm off the subs entirely and some time passes, I look forward to experiencing all of those things even more!!

I'm not sure how long I plan to stay at each dose during this taper. I really am in no actual hurry, as I have a fantastic doctor who is supportive of whatever I decide to do. Of course, I tend to push myself pretty hard, which has been the hardest thing about the entire taper. I believe if I can go slow, and listen to my body, I will know when it's time to keep dropping my dose.

So yes, day one of liquid taper method...so far a success! I'm feeling like I can do this.

Thanks to everyone who reads this, even if you are like I was, and never register or post. If it even helps one person (myself included haha!) by making these posts, I will be happy.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Tfisher,

It sounds like you have a good plan and have the right attitude to be successful. The patients who, like yourself, are tapering because of some inner motivation to get off subs seem to do much better than those who are pressured by some outside source like doctors or family. You also have a good balanced perspective on suboxone treatment, I like to see that. I think most of us will at some point try to quit them. It's good to see that you are ready to give it a shot, but recognize that if it gets to a point where you are in danger of relapse, you will go back on.

It's interesting to see a resurgence in the popularity of the liquid taper on this forum. I have always wondered why more people didn't try it, it seems to be the most accurate way to dose those small amounts. I'm not surprised that you seem to feel your dose worked better today either. The absorption of a liquid solution is supposed to be much better. You probably got much better absorption with todays dose than previous ones. And, from now on you will be able to be much more accurate with what you are taking daily. All good things!

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I look forward to reading about your success!

Q

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello Q!
Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful post! I feel like your words are very encouraging, so thank you for that! It makes sense that people with pressure from the outside rather than internal motivation would have a lower success rate. I consider myself fortunate: when I tapered too quickly at one point in the past, and went through a couple days where I felt and acted like a crazy person! After that my family was all for me staying on medication as long as necessary! It's comical now, but WOW, did I ever turn into a Debbie downer!! Glad that part didn't continue any longer than a few days...

In the future, I will possibly be posting less than I posted today, I just wanted to get my thread established. Mostly I made this to have somewhat of a journal of my journey off of Suboxone, and to have somewhere to put the thoughts that I don't want to share with my loved ones.

Having said that, I feel it's worth adding to DAY ONE because I continue to feel better as the day goes on, both physically and mentally. In fact, I can't complain of even one symptom at this time. Once I got into the shower and cleaned up for the day, I felt, quite honestly, pretty darn good! I know it's not always going to be this way, or be this easy so I'm going to enjoy it while I can! :)

Hope everyone is having an awesome day and thanks again Q for the comments and support.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:49 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sooo...I just wrote a big thing and then for some reason my phone shut off and deleted my entire post :( sad. :( I guess that just forces me to be more concise this time, which is probably better if anyone is even reading this. :)

Absolutely no symptoms of WD yesterday after dosing all day and all night. I slept 9 hours with the help of 2mg ambien. No, I'm not concerned that I'm going to get a benzo problem, I just can't fill my prescribed sleep meds (ambien) until tomorrow so I used a couple of my husbands ambien for a quick sleep fix.

I couldn't have been more comfortable yesterday as far as WD goes. I mean, it was non existent and although it was my first .5mg LIQUID day, I have been stable at what I thought was a .5mg crumb for almost two weeks now.

This morning after a nice, nightmare and sweat free sleep, I did not feel AS GOOD. I would by no means say I was I'm full blown WD or anything, but I had a slight case of the chills and some stomach cramping. It immediately led me to a trip to the bathroom, which was not the most fun way to start out your day. I just tell myself, the more I have to use the bathroom, the more I'm getting the sub out of my system, and try to put a positive spin on it.

I took my liquid dose at .5mg and plan to stay there for at the very least four days before dropping down again. I will just listen to my body. Like I said, I am in no hurry although I'd like to be done before my family vacation at the end of may. (And only because I don't want to deal with liquid dosing while out of town
But I suppose I do have enough medication left that even if I had to mix up a solution daily (to avoid keeping it in the fridge at the vacation house for everyone to question). I am pretty sure by then I will be at a point to step off completely a couple weeks before we take off. But I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Anyway. I took my dose about 30 mins ago, and honestly I can tell my stomach feels less crampy than when I woke up.

My eyes are slightly watery and I had a small sneeze attack for a couple minutes. Still nothing I can't deal with. I have to work a half day today with no breaks, 12noon-730pm (yeah that's actually just half a day for me, sad) and I'm hoping I do alright. I'm sure it will be fine, except that I am not super happy with my work situation right now. However, thats another issue to tackle at another time in my life. Right now I am just thankful to make my own schedule, so I just keep thinking about that. Its allowing me to take whatever time ive needed to get through my taper, and so for that I am grateful. Also, once you've been in the throes of active addiction/WD, the volume on everything else gets turned down quite a bit. (I say this in my strong time, there are definitely days when its all too much to take, even small annoyances!)

OK well I'm off to shower. Actually first I'm going to post something I feel like I have to get off my chest (sort of unrelated to liquid taper) but I'm not sure where...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:59 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well subhumans...its now almost 11pm on day two of my liquid taper off of .5mg suboxone. I can honestly say I had one of the best days I can even remember!

I received some fantastic words of support and encouragement from several members here at the forum (which relieved me of the stress of feeling the need to share the details of my journey with my oblivious family). So that alone was a great start to my day! Thank you for that, everyone!

Physically I felt no symptoms of WD and psychologically I was in such a good place today I was able to bounce off the little things that would normally set me off. I felt kind of like I stood my ground at work today and no one walked all over me. I had energy but not to the point of making me feel anxiety. Best day so far. :)

My husband had an accident at work and I was able to work through the stress and come home to him all in one piece without having a fall apart as I could see myself doing in the past. He is OK now :)

Going to sleep well tonight I hope, as I got my ambien filled. Yay!

As good as I am feeling I am contemplating doing another tiny drop in my liquid dose tomorrow. Maybe just from .5mg down to .4mg. I have a fairly easy day of work tomorrow, just have to go in for a couple hours in the morning. Was hoping to hit up a hot yoga class after that, and then I get to go to acupuncture, which is like a godsend for my mood. So I think tomorrow would be a good day to drop again, even though it's been two days of liquid dosing, Ive been @ .5 for about 2 weeks now, soooo....I might as well try it and see. I will be able to swoop back by my house for another .1mg if need be at some point during the day.

So far thats the plan..wish me luck, and thanks again for all the support!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:00 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Tfisher,
I’m here cheer you on for grand kickoff of your detox journey. I will be here for the long-haul following your posts as I feel like I can relate to you in a lot of ways. First I’d like to say I’m happy that you have so many self-care resources handy. Acupuncture has got me through many hurdles. I have a few questions for you, please don’t feel obligated to answer them all as a few may be too personal. I will list them so it will be easy for you to follow.
1. Are you using the liquid taper on buprenorphine and naloxone combined?
2. I am assuming you started at .5mg and will work your way down. At what dose did you start to have stomach issues? I am wondering at what dose the diarrhea hit you specifically.
3. When you tapered to 1mg did you have the stomach problems?
4. How did the hot yoga make you feel after this new dose reduction?
5. Have you seen evolvedrevolver posts? He also did the liquid taper and is pretty informative in his tapering journal.
Thank you for taking the time to share you reality with everyone. Keep up the good work, and good luck! 8)
~Sherah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:03 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Sending healing thoughts to your husband as well!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:09 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Sherah! Thanks for posting to my thread,I really appreciate your support!

Yes, I am starting the liquid portion of my taper at .5mg, and I am using the generic buprenorphine/naloxone tablets. I have used these all along, as for some reason my body doesn't tolerate whatever it is they use for filler in the films.

Stomach issues actually did really start around the 1mg mark, lots of cramping and gas pains. Then going from that yo diarrhea all in a couple hours. Not fun. Usually after my dose,it would usually subside, only to return again in the mornings first thing.

Do you have any suggestions for getting through the stomach issues??

As for hot yoga, up to this point it has made me feel really good, and the warmth feels better than anything. Today will hopefully be my first day back after a week hiatus (due to icky stomach problems) so I will post about how it goes if I get there!

Thanks for your support and I'm sorry if I missed anything let me know. Yes, I've read evolved revolver thread and found much valuable info!!

Xoxoxo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:47 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

This morning I woke up and had the same damn stomach issues that I've had for quite some time now: ( cramping, feeling constipated but too scared to take anything because at this point it could all very easily turn on me and just go in the opposite direction towards diarrhea. Once I am finished dosing I will probably spit my dose out, wait about 20 mins and then take some gas x and pepto.

.4mg did not seen like much of a drop as far as actual volume of liquid into my mouth. I guess time will tell if I get the Same relief that I had yesterday with the .5mg. I sure do hope so!

I should be getting ready for work but I only have to go in for one client this morning and I think if I throw on a pretty dress, some bright lipstick and maybe my trendy vintage glasses she may not notice the fact I skipped a shower this morning. Hehe, she's the most self involved person I've ever met. Hell. I could probably just show up in my pajamas and as long as I told her how fabulous she is, it would most likely go unnoticed. I would never do that of course, but I'm not too cool to go without a shower!

I'm hoping to feel well enough to go to hot yoga today. Its been like a 2 week hiatus when I started tapering real aggressively. I used to worry if I wasn't there what people think, but then I decided it doesn't matter, they're too busy focusing on whatever it is they have going on to even think about me. So, I will hopefully feel better. These final drops have me well enough to continue work, but as far as other things go, I'm still feeling weak on some days. And when I say weak, I mean, I honestly fear I may shit my pants in the middle of exercise. Yikes!! But I know exercise is probably one of the most important things I need right now, so I feel o should keep pushing through. And so what's the very worst that's going to happen? That I crap my pants? Well, at least I'd have an entertaining story for the forum!!! ;)

Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I am out running business errands most of the day, and I get to see my acupuncturist today too which makes me suuuuuper happy. Hoping she can fix my stomach!! I'll keep updates today on a) how the dose reduction is feeling, and b) whether or not I crap myself ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG...I totally want to hear all about it if you have an accident during hot yoga! :lol: Can you imagine!?! You can bet all those self involved women would notice you then!

For real, I hope you feel just as good today as you did yesterday. You never know how a drop will effect you, but going down by that tiny amount may not make any difference in your overall well being. Just don't push yourself too hard. Slow and steady wins the race!

Q

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:07 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Qhorse,
Unfortunately I have no stories about yoga, because I got caught up in doing things around work and missed the time for the classes. :( the way I figured, it was unfortunate to miss class, but very very positive that I was so "lost" in doing other things that I worked straight through. I think that means I wasn't focused on my symptoms (or lack thereof, in my case today!)

My husband came home from work, not feeling so hot after losing so much blood yesterday so I decided after I finished up around work I would scratch the rest of my day to be home with him should he need anything. And also because I'm not usually a very willing caretaker which is something I am working on so this is a good chance to practice that as well:)

The past few days have just turned out perfectly to try out this liquid taper plan, allowing me for minimal contact with work, and maximum relaxation time to let my body adjust. Normally I'm the type who doesn't even sit down to eat lunch, or stop ever throughout the day, so I feel pretty fortunate that everything is going so well.

I had my .4mg liquid dose about 8 hours ago, and I am happy to report I have no physical or psychological WD symptoms to speak of. The only thing I noticed is that today I was not as energetic and peppy as I was yesterday, but I don't think it has anything to do with the taper, I just think some days are like that. Life.

My plan for the taper tomorrow is unsure as of yet. I know I should not go too fast, but some weird part of me wants to push it lower and see how low I have to get to actually feel any symptoms of WD. Like what if this taper could be over and done with faster than I think?

The forum sure has helped me, even in the short few days ive been here. Its nice to have a place for my thoughts to get out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Fish,
Remember to breathe through your cramps. Sometimes we forget to breathe when we are in pain. One suggestion I have is to perhaps massage your stomach at night before bed. You want to go in a clockwise motion, DON”T go counter clockwise as you probably know your digestive system works in a clockwise motion. Lye on the floor in Savasana yoga pose lying on the back, arms and legs are spread at 45 degrees, the eyes are shut and the breathe is long and deep. The entire body is relaxed into the ground, releasing tension in any area of the body. Take a look at this video to learn to perform self-massage for the stomach. https://youtu.be/ZVxLOe4XmQg the video is called Massage for Detox - Lymphatic Clearing: By Marci Javril, CST, NCTMB
Warning this technique may send you running to the rest room that is why you should do it before bed when you are in the comfort of your own home. A lot of endorphin's are released when doing the massage. It is quite relaxing. When you first start working on your stomach, you may feel pain. We don’t touch our stomachs a lot so don’t be afraid you will work through it. Remember clockwise, going the wrong direction will leave you constipated, and working against nature. This method takes so much inflammation out of your stomach it is delightful. You will feel a difference. I usually work on myself for about 15 minutes.
Another suggestion is pedialite for dehydration. I keep a few bottles in my fridge. It is my go to drink when I am not feeling up to par. Slippery elm is an herb that was approved by the FDA; it has many healing benefits for the stomach and has been used for thousands of years. It has been proven to help sooth and heal inflamed muscle tissue in the lining of the throat, stomach and intestines. I personally have not tried it but my friend uses it for her issues with crones and swears by it. It is also an aid for diarrhea. I hope this helps! Oh one other thing, a heating pad set on low on your stomach now and then may help with cramping too, I like to put one on my lower back as well to get the stomach from the back side. Another thing you may not want to perform stomach massage the same day you get acupuncture. I would wait at least a day or two. In fact you might want to ask your A therapist to perform it for you. They are trained in this. Put her/him to work, make that hour you pay them for count, but I guess it depends on what you are doing after the session as you may need access to the restroom. :o
~ Sherah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sherah, thank you! This is fantastic advice! I really appreciate you taking the time to post this for me. I am going to try it this evening. Didn't get to go to a-puncture today as planned, but all in all had a pretty awesome day relaxing after afew hours of work.

Hope everything is going well with you, thanks again for the post and for the awesome advice :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:58 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Let me know how it goes! Remember the pedialite for the diarrhea is a god send too. Rest well. As for me I am still comfy on my 6mgs, living vicariously through the pioneers of suboxone tapering. :) I plan to go down to 4mgs at the beginning of next month.
~Sherah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:01 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sherah!
Good for you at 6mg! That's fantastic! I remember really knowing I could do it once I got down to 6mg. I think you're on the right track for sure! That's a big step, to be stable at 6mg so celebrate every great victory! And hey, there's no reason you can't just stay at 6mg indefinitely if that's what works for you :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:11 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

As day 3 comes to a close (as I lay in bed checking around the forum before I try to fall asleep).... Thought I would check in and report the progress of my liquid taper for today in case anyone is following it or doing the same method.

Day 3 of the taper went well, as I had dropped from the .5mg of the previous doses just a but lower to .4mg with fairly little noticeable difference in symptoms. My dose was early in the morning around 730am, and it is now 11pm. I am starting to feel some watery eyes, which doesn't matter right now since I'm just sleeping. Stomach is starting to cramp up but I am going to try the self massage to see if it helps with cramping.

That's about all I have to report. Smooth sailing for the most part.

Thanks again to Sherah for the wise words and explaining the self massage to me. I'll let you know how that goes!

My plan for tomorrow is to again dose at .4mg.

Post subject: day two at .4mg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:02 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good morning,
I told myself I would keep a log of all of this taper business to track my journey.

Today I dosed using liquid method again at .4mg for the second day. About 5 mins into holding the liquid in my mouth I got a sneeze attack. Godddaaammmmitt!!!

I tried real hard to hold it in and not to swallow the dose, which led to it going through my nose and then a huge coughing fit. This was the first time I haven't had an easy time of dosing using the liquid method.

Anyway after all that (during which my little dog was looking at me like I was too weird to handle) the consistency of the liquid dose in my mouth felt and tasted a lot like snot....soooo...I tried for another couple minutes and spit it out.

I hope that my body actually absorbed some if any of the dose :( today I am home again for most of the day so I guess if I'm not feeling better in a hour I can re-dose another ml (.2mg) and start from there.

Woke up feeling kinda gross and crawly and crampy but the stomach massage really did help. There was just over a full 24hrs since my last dose so, add on yesterday's drop down to .4mg and that all could've had something to do with it.

I'm glad I'm not working as much this week, although I didn't plan it out that way, it ended up being the perfect week to start this liquid taper. The week before I was pulling some crazy long hard hours and working through some of the worst anxiety I've ever had in my life.

I've said it before, and Q also suggested it, that maybe I wasn't really getting much out of those tiny crumbs I thought were .5mg. Liquid dosing seems to absorb much more efficiently!

OK well maybe I should go distract myself and wait to see if I absorbed my dose or if the majority of it turned into goo.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL...sneezing fit during liquid dosing sounds like lot's of fun. :D

It seems like you are doing very well so far! I'm curious how much you actually got in your system today, but like you said, you can always re-dose if needed. It's not uncommon to see someone who is really excited about their taper to want to push it as hard as they can near the end. If you go down too fast your body will let you know. The main thing to remember is that if you do start feeling bad it's okay to stay at a dose for about a week until your body adjusts a bit. The experience is so different for each person that I don't think you can do it wrong if you go with what feels right. You will know when it's time to make each drop if you pay attention to what your body is telling you. I have seen several people go very low with their dose and were pretty comfortable all the way through. And I've seen others who say after they get to about .25mg they never really adjusted so they just jumped from there. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it because the end result is the same in either case.

All this talk of acupuncture has me thinking about it again. There is a guy near me who is very well respected and very good at what he does. He claims to be able to help opiate addicts get through detox much quicker and with less pain than normal. I don't know how much I buy into that idea, but a bunch of folks that go to my church use him for different conditions they have. Everyone claims he is a miracle worker! At one point there was about 6 different people in the church walking around with those little beads in their ears covered up with medical tape. :lol: I have been wanting to give it a try, but it kills me to think of forking out that much money every week when my insurance won't pay for it. Maybe one day I will be desperate enough to take the chance.

Let us know how it goes today!

Q