It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for your post. It was very encouraging! It's reminding me to slow down and not rush my taper. When I get to 2 mg I am going to switch to a liquid taper.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:51 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

tfisher,

I just finished my liquid taper about 29 days ago as of today. I would agree with the suboxdoc that you're probably going too fast.

Here's what I can tell you about my personal experience - get as low as you can and then go for it. You may find that the halflife of the suboxone feels shorter and shorter as you get lower and lower. Meaning, relief won't last you as long. If that's the case, you could always dose twice a day. I didn't. Never thought I needed to. TBH it never got that bad.

In the end, the hardest parts were at .5MG roughly, and it got easier, not harder (minus getting sick once).

What pills are you using? If you can get or have strips I'd recommend using those instead. The pills ended up being really weird for me. Doses felt very inconsistent, and my personal experience was different than many others who've done the taper. Others would report the steps (.x mg steps for example) got easier the more time you took to stabilize. I on the other hand had the opposite. First day at new dose was easiest, and got harder. Switching to the strips changed this for me, and I feel like maybe its possible the pills were the cause.

If you haven't check out my post on here if you want more data. Your huge posts and everything remind me a lot of where I was at in January, and I wish you a lot of luck in your taper. I can tell you now, it just takes a strong mind, and dedication - both of which you seem to have.

evolved.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So if anyone was following, I backed out of my jump from .3mg on Monday night....my supposed last dose was Saturday morning and by 6pm Monday night I was an emotional mess :( so I backed out and tried to take some of the pressure off myself by not putting a time limit on how long i should remain on Suboxone.

However, after thinking about it for a couple of days. I decided I want to continue with my taper and try again to jump at a ridiculously low dose.

I want to take it slower, much slower, and get used to how my body feels at each dose and I'm hoping it will be easier next time. In other words I have the ability with the liquid taper to go even lower than .3mg so I'm going to do that.