It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Q!
Thanks again so much for checking in with me, I appreciate it more than you even know! And I know you help so many others get through whatever it is that they are going through. When I started posting here I didn't count on anyone actually reading my posts, let alone responding! I figured it would be a good way to let out some of my thoughts/emotions and track the days during this taper. (Plus I figured there were lurkers out there, like I was for over a year, just not ready to start posting, and if even one but of anything I wrote helps even one person, even better!) So it's been a really nice surprise to have your support :) i jope you know that you continue to make a difference in the lives of others CONSTANTLY!! I can't thank you enough!

I think I actually did blow the majority of my dose out my facehole today :) :) I did end up redosing another ml (.2mg) and I'm still feeling normal, but not over medicated the way too much suboxone tends to make me feel.

I am very sensitive to it for some reason once i reached about 3mg. Since then, any dose more than whatever point i am at in my taper makes me feel really over stimulated. Comparable to having too much caffeine but taking waaay longer to wear off. (I do not consume caffeine for that reason, which sucks because coffee tastes really good and even decaf does it to me! It's probably all in my head!)

I think maybe this is one of the reasons the tapering has been fairly painless for me: because I always have tons of energy, even if I'm in slight WD. Never been one to need a pick me up :) In fact, I always feel thankful that subs never slowed me down or made me sedated...otherwise there is NO WAY I'd be able to get off of them, I would like them too much!

Oh yes, the point of my post (besides to thank you for being so amazing) was to comment on how much I love acupuncture!! I just started about a year ago as a last resort to cure debilitating sweating. It has been the only thing that works, and i wish i had found it first instead of going thousands into debt seeking traditional medical treatment. It makes me feel really happy and relaxed as a good side effect :) I started aggressive treatment, at first going once a week and then gradually reduced frequency until now I go about once a month. Its been totally worth it. I believe that it would probably help with opiate detox as well, but I just don't have that kind of transparency with my gal. :)

You are very wise in your advice about not getting over excited and tapering too quickly. Kind of remind me every time I start running again after some time off, it makes me so excited I end up going waaay too hard and giving myself shin splints. This last time I haven't had the energy during the taper to run more than just under two miles so no shin splints here thankfully.

Any thoughts on this?: should i purposefully restrain myself on tapering now that I'm almost done? I mean, should I make myself stay at each drop in dose for a certain amount of time? 4 or 5 days? I was thinking that would sill be a month at the longest,right? depending on how far I taper before jumping off? (I like to tell myself I'll be STEPPING off, it makes it sound easier than saying JUMPING) .25 seems to be about the average dose I've read about too although I have heard someone (I'm thinking it was Diary of a Quitter??) went all the way down to .125mg and then stopped. I haven't yet decided at what dose I will stop. Haven't decided if I'll skip days either. I really doubt that I will though, because I feel like the low doses aren't staying with me much longer than 24 hours or so anyway. I am going to take your advice and just see how I feel as far as that is concerned.

On a related note.... I wonder if because I notice my WD symptoms at about 24 hours if drops would be noticeably affecting me right away? I mean, when I was at higher doses I went through about 3 to 4 days before I would even notice a change in dose.

I don't remember what dose drop it was because I just recently started documenting it, but....I think it was somewhere between 2mg and now... Honestly, most all of the time during that time period I felt pretty much like shit. Evert day almost all day. Like not the kind of feeling like shit where one can't function in life, but it was the kind of feeling like shit that made every day a challenge. Felt like i s struggling from the moment i woke up in the nothing until i could finally get to sleep at night. I felt really desperate and depressed and emotional and ANGRY and sad and hopeless...physically just all the usual symptoms of WD, at just enough of a degree to make a person miserable, but not incapacitated... For months, actually.

I don't know why all of this is just hitting me now. I have had a rough winter, but I pushed through.

And then about last friday something lifted all of a sudden. That was 6 days ago. I remember the exact moment in which it happened. Mentally and emotionally I was just I OK again... And then I was able to think clearly, which is how I somehow got the idea to start the liquid taper. And that's when the physical symptoms were more of a burden than the emotional symptoms. Which I consider a good thing, a step in the right direction. I think the emotional part of it is what always brought me back to using, and what always would make me question my taper.

I really do think the worst of it is over for me. I really hope so at least! I know I will continue to have difficult days but I think I've growm from this whole ordeal and learned a lot. And I don't think I realized just how much I was going through until now. Wow.

Maybe having support is more valuable than I give credit to? I've gone through the past year and a half basically unsupported (well my husband has been awesome but he really just didn't/doesn't understand most of it)... Thank you, Q!!! I think your post today unlocked something in me:)

Well I have to go into work now for a couple hours. I'm feeling so thankful and so happy and blessed and content and I feel a renewed sense of perspective...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:22 pm 

Oh no!!

Snarfing your dose is never a good thing!! Although the nose has mucus membranes too!

Your story brings me back to my college days when I would go out to parties on the weekend. I hated beer (still do) and that's all fraternity parties would have available, so I would do a couple shots of vodka before I went out instead. I could only afford cheap vodka (I think it was called Popov's?) I remember trying to do a shot of Popov's and having a sneezing fit at the same time! I snarfed the shot up my nose and OUCH!!!

The stakes are definitely different here, but I hope you can avoid sneezes mid-dosing in the future!

Amy

P.S. Thank you for giving Q the props that she so deserves!! She is so kind to everyone who comes here needing support and her advice is always stellar!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

SNARFING!!! BAHAHAHAHA! Amy, I love it! That's exactly the word I've been looking for all day. Thanks for making me laugh! :)

And you are also always very supportive of everyone on the forum as well. It's good to know there's still selfless people out there...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:15 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well day four went off without much to report, besides the SNARFING (thanks to Amy for the word) of my dose out of my nose. With the re-dose of only .2mg a hour or so later, not sure how much I actually ended up taking today.

Whatever it ended up as, was enough to keep the WD away all day and still away now.

Tomorrow I have to work more than I have been the past couple days, but I'm not too worried. Its still not a full day by any means. I am going to try to dose at .4 again, hopefully successfully this time. Aka no snarfing! The plan is to try another drop this weekend, as I only have a couple easy hours of work on Saturday (I'd be willing to fight through it) and then Sunday and monday I have off. I think I'm tough enough, plus I'll be home alone tomorrow until Sunday night so it wouldn't effect my husband if I was all ugly and miserable:)

But I'm still sticking with Q's advice not to go too fast and to listen to my body. Its only a matter of maybe a month at this point, so what's a few extra days?

I am going on vacation with my in-laws for a whole week the end of may. I would like to think I wouldn't still be taking like .1 or something with me on the trip...but I guess a person has to do what they have to do.

Yes, another day under my belt. Part of me wants to make one more drop, settle for about 5 days and then take a couple days off and jump. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Tfisher
Thank you for posting all about your liquid taper. While I am no where near .5mg, I get a lot of encouragement from reading other people's successful taper processes. It gives me hope that my taper will become easier since I've had some issues as I've gotten below 2mg.

So, thank you for doing this! Best of luck to you!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:42 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Bad kitty,
Have you ever considered starting the liquid taper method from where you are at now? When I started mine I felt I was absorbing and measuring my dose much more efficiently than guessing how much of a tiny uneven crumble was actually getting absorbed... Just food for thought :)

Keep up the good work! It IS hard, especially (I think) the first drop below 2mg. I had a rough go at it for awhile but it does get easier!

Thanks for being here for support, it has been getting more than I can even wrap my head around!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:55 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Q,
Google community acupuncture in your city. A lot of cities have programs like this and you can get in for a donation, be it what ever you can afford. "Crossing fingers"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Tfisher,

Thank you for the tip on the liquid taper. I do have a mg scale that I'm using to measure the pills, so I am pretty sure I'm getting accurate doses. It seems as though sub just has weird, unpredictable effects on me as I've gotten below 2mg. It's almost 4am my time and I'm typing this because I can't sleep due to WDs. Grrrrr.

Just curious, do you know how long it took you to taper from 2mg to where you are now? It is probably pointless for me to be thinking about it (but it seems as though we can't help it once we are miserable), but I'm hoping I won't suffer for the entire rest of my taper. Yeesh.

Sorry to ramble on, I think lack of sleep is getting to me. Ha. Thanks again for the encouragement though; it is so helpful, especially when I'm not feeling so hot. :0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:24 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi bad kitty!
Hopefully you are still asleep, getting caught up from the misery of your WD! I feel for you, nights like that can be unbearable.

Personally for me, there was a really bad period of time from about 2mg down to .5 where I think it lasted a little over a week. But my mental state was super negative and hopeless and I had WD at every random moment right as I thought I was feeling better. Hang in there, out shucks NY you are tougher than you think.

Now that I'm using the liquid taper I think my body is actually absorbing the full dose I give it, where as at below 2mg I just didn't think that tiny little crumb was actually giving me the dose I needed.

I'm sorry you had a bad night, but I'm glad you come get some support here! It's amazing how it helps, isn't it? Hope you are feeling better today! It does get better, I promise. If you would've told me that months ago though I wouldn't believe myself ;) hope u have an awesome day do fishy

Post subject: 5th day of liquid taper.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:03 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So, today (Friday) was the 5th day of my liquid taper. Today I dosed at just .3mg and felt no change in the way I feel, neither bad nor good compared to the .4 of the past three days. Towards the end of the evening I felt watery eyes and yawning, but I think the stress of the unknown has been exhausting this week. I also fell asleep on the couch for a couple hours and got a little sweaty with stomach cramps...but that probably isnt from WD as it is the gut bomb dinner i ate tonight :)

I now feel good with 5 days under my belt knowing that the liquid taper has been and will continue to serve me well. Now its just a matter of which way to go from here.

I feel like I could continue, and stay at each drop of .1 for four of 5 days. But part of me wants to just stop tomorrow and be done with it. If I needed to (with the exception of about three hours tomorrow) I could arrange it so that I don't have to go to work until Thursday of next week.

But I haven't decided yet. Maybe I will try to go to work tomorrow without my dose and see how I feel. At such a low dose ive heard of many people just being done. Then again, I have the ability to not feel like shit by dosing even lower first, so I may go that route too. I mean, why be uncomfortable if you don't have to?

I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow when I get out of the shower.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Had fits of restless sleep last night but could be because I was home alone all night and not used to that anymore. So I'm not going to be too quick to blame it on WD.

This morning felt very sluggish and yawning/stretching, water eyes/runny nose... Sneezing... THOSE were definitely WD but even not the worst thing I've ever felt.

Still annoying and unconformable enough that I decided to keep my dose at .3mg again today for the 2nd day in a row. Last night I had toyed with the idea of just being done and then taking the next 5 days off work.

I scratched that idea because really, what's another week, or a month even, to minimize discomfort? So, as of today the plan is to go with the original plan of tapering very slowly to a very tiny dose as I see fit. Listening to my body and such. Today I was not ready to be done. I just didn't have it in me to feel like shit for the next 5 days.... Even so, there's no guarantee if I'd even feel better in time for work on Thursday! Makes more sense at this point to just go slow and low...

I wouldn't say I feel like a million bucks today but actually not bad at all considering I'm in the middle of a taper off a very powerful medicine.

I'm making myself join my family out for dinner tonight. My stomach is a little queasy but pepto seems to help considerably.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Fishy,

I am so thankful for your reply; it really helps to hear about how you've made it to this low of a dose and are doing well. Thank you sooooo much for the support. It's so nice to be able to log on to this forum and discuss what we are going through, as I only have one person that I can confide in, my brother, as he is struggling with this too, but his situation is quite different from mine, so it's really helpful to find support from awesome, positive people like you.

I know I've got some rough times ahead, but I'm trying to focus on being strong, knowing I'll eventually feel better, etc.

I'm so happy for you that you are feeling well! I am really looking forward to being where you are now. Sounds like, at the rate you are going, you will be done and feeling well by the time you take your vacation at the end of
May (I think you said you're going at the end of May). Anyway, keep it up! You are almost there! Yay! I hope you have a lovely, WD-free day. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:27 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Fish!
Looks like your hangen in there and pushing yourself in a positive direction. I'd be tempted to jump at this point especially since you have five days off. Day 3 and 4 would probably be the worst. If you did, a vit b shot on day 3 or 4 may get you a boost for work along with some imodium.
I am always curious to see how peeps are doing after they jump for a while. Would you be interested in sharing your progress for a while after until you felt well again?
I am thankful for what you have shared already. You've given me something to look forward to reading everyday. I wish you well. Rest up, get some funny movies, and try to be light and present.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks bad kitty and sherah! You guys are so awesome to respond to my posting, it has helped me more than you even know. It has only been in the last week and only been since I joined the forum and started getting this awesome support from everyone that it actually started getting easy. That's the honest truth.

Bad kitty... You have such a positive attitude, I KNOW you can make it! Just keep going low and slow... That's the best way to accomplish anything, quick an and dirty (at least in my life experience) never gets us permanrnt lasting results and ultimatly CHANGE. there's some saying about many a giant tree were fell from many a tiny chop...i know that's not the real thing, but it's something along those lines haha. Kinda like weight loss or weight gain... It never sticks if you do it quick and dirty, only small steady positve changes and constant persistence lead to progress and eventually permanent change/results.

Bad kitty,trust me, you're going to have a much easier go at the taper when you're ready than i did. Because of your open mimd and positive attitude! Plus you've found the forum way earlier in your process than I did, and this place is no joke! The support here has helped TEN FOLD!....

Actually, BadKitty, I went through a terrible awful horrible case of the Debbie downers or the negative Nancy's or whatever you want to call them!... For at least three months from somewhere like 3mg to the present. I think I was too stupid to realize the drastic change in mood was a result of dropping my dose too much, plus not staying at each drop long enough to let my brain catch up... This case of being too stupid to know what was actually happening to my poor brain/body...well it was probably the only reason i probably kept going!

I thought I was just an asshole as a result of my brain chemistry changing from being an addict, and that's the way it would always be. so I figured if I'm real mean on Suboxone, I'm most likely real mean OFF Suboxone...SO, might as well keep tapering off and then at least I could prove my husband and mom that I really am just a asshole and they don't get to blame every little mood swing on the Suboxone (they know nothing about subs BTW other than that I am on them to treat opiate addiction) and so that's just what they get! Get used to it lived ones, this is just me now!! Rawwwr!!

BAHAHA! the logic at that point... Ridiculous! I can laugh in retrospect but my god, how they put up with all of that nonsense I will never know. Me pointing out at every opportunity exactly how meaningless and pointless and stupid EVERY LITTLE THING actually was...just me being hopeless and faithless and angry day in and day out.

Fortunately for me, things just took their natural progression of the taper getting easier, and I one day felt like a huge weight was lifted. Out of nowhere it was like i snapped out of it and gained the clarity to see what was actually taking place. At that point, it was a no brainer. I had come this far, might as well go for broke and finish it out completely! That's when the excitement and hope and positivity (as well as the idea to do a liquid taper!) showed up and silenced my inner grumpycat!

So there's a little backstory to all the recent positive postings.

I still want to say something to Sherah but I'm out of time for now. I will post back later this evening when I return home from dinner! :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks, Sherah, for the encouragement! And yes, I will most definitely continue to post for awhile after the jump. I have a feeling that's when I'll need support more than anything. It makes me feel good that you are curious about my progress. Like my well being really matters to someone, and someone I don't even know at that. Proof that the world is kind.

I really keep toying with the idea of just making the jump tomorrow. In fact, some super- hopeful optimistic part of me feels that the WD might even be bearable to work through. And with an open schedule until thursday at this point, I could be real selective about how much work I actually end up taking on. Who knows, work might even be good for me through the whole thing (provided it's in small doses!) ??

How do I decide??? I'm scared. Really scared. but im also scared if I don't just make the jump now, it's going to get farther and farther into this and I'm going to just keep postponing it for one reason or another. :(

I'm also scared that I'll end up confining myself to my house for days and it will make it that much harder to get my ass to work when it's time!

But on the other hand, I almost see it as a blessing (and maybe even some sort of sign) that I don't have to work until Thursday...sheesh this is SO hard. Plus I dosed today, making it even one day shorter of a break than I would've liked. I almost wish I wouldve toughed it out today. :(

Sorry my thoughts are all over the place, I wish I could just get a sign! Haha!

Another thing going through my mind is the fact that I haven't been exercising (more than a couple long walks with my dog) for the past couple weeks, as I haven't been feeling up to it. Usually during the taper I tended to progress better when I was getting more exercise, naturally wanting to continue to drop.

So part of me wonders if I should just chill out at .3 for a couple weeks, take my dose in the morning and forget focusing my energy and thoughts all about the taper...focus on just living my life and getting back into a good exercise routine... And then come back to my taper when my body has some more strength built back up.

I guess both things are an important issue, and both deserve a lot of focus and energy. Both are equally important, but i only feel i have the strength both mentally/physically to do one or the other right now. Yet I don't want to feel like I'm stressing myself out trying to do both at the same time (even thought that would probably be the ideal way to do it)

I respond both mentally and physically SO WELL to exercise that it changes my whole life once I get into a solid routine. This is what is making me consider holding up my taper and prioritizing regular daily hard exercise for awhile. Something might click for me while doing that, and it might give me the strength I need to go ahead and make that jump.

Why is it so hard for me to just say FUCK IT, and take it slow and continue to taper while at the same time resuming my exercise? Because I have an addict brain, an all or nothing brain, an I want this now brain... And if life were as easy for me to actually do the things I logically figure to be the right path, I'd probably never be in this predicament in the first place.

Part of my all or nothing brain came up with the fleeting idea to flush all my subs tonight.... except enough to do the liquid taper for one more week ...and then I'd have no choice.... Thankfully I did not give into that drastic idea, but I'd be lying to say it didn't cross my mind.

But that's the thing... I'm not obsessed with my subs the way I was with other pills. My sub to me is medication, no more or less important than the bottle of aspirin they sit next to in my drawer. I don't count them or keep track of them. I don't even know how many I have left. All I know is that I have A LOT left in that bottle. And I also know with any other opiate this would never be the case. Ever.

So frustrating, this whole thing at this point . and then when its time to make that choice in the morning to dose or jump, my cramping stomach and watery nose and eyes almost instantly win the battle and I dose. (Albeit is a really tiny dose, but its still getting me well.) Or maybe its all in my head. Maybe if I just went about my day I'd wake up after a bit and realize its not so bad...

I guess there's only one way to find out. And that would be to try to tough it out tomorrow, and see how long I can go before I just absolutely can not take my drippy face and painful stomach anymore...

Maybe I'd get lucky if I waited long enough and I'd realize I could do it, that I could make the jump.

And another thing I'm scared of is that if I somehow managed to make it through the 4 days without dosing, I'm scared how id feel the 5th day. And if it was so bad I had to dose after all those days without I would feel like if just be throwing all of that hard time and missed work opportunity down the tubes.

Again, I apologize for all the randomness but these are the things running through my head as I see myself so close to being done. Any input or any advice or opinions on any of this would be much appreciated. Thanks for listening, hopefully I'm done ranting for the night but I am home alone again so no promises ;)

Xo
Fishface

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:50 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

OK so after hours of critically thinking, I have decided that tomorrow I am going for it. I am going to make the jump off of .3 mg starting tomorrow. For this, I am going to start a new thread but will still be following this one and happy to continue to offer supportm. So thankful for everyone who has followed this short week of my liquid taper from .5mg....the entire taper start to finish has been a long arduous process, and I wish I had started posting sooner to paint a better picture as to exactly what its been like up to this point.

In any case, I hope this past week of documentation has been insightful for at least someone. I know its lead me to my current decision to jump and I would not be at this point without Suboxone or the support from all of you here at the forum.

Feel free to follow my new thread. I think I will keep it in Stopping Suboxone (mods let me know if there's a more appropriate place for it) . it will be named Fishys Jump Diary from .3mg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:18 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Go for it Fish!!! I have a feeling your not going to feel much more worse than you do already. Pedialite is the bomb and will help keep you hydrated during this. You can do this! Can you call in a script of clonadine? Can your acupuncturist give you a B shot? Don't feel bad if you change your mind though. ;) Seriously....We've all been there.
Either way you know what is best for you at the time. We're cheering you on either way kiddo!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey fishy,

I haven't had much time to post the last few days but I wanted to thank you for saying such nice things about me the other day. :D I'm almost embarrassed, but I guess I'll get over it if you would like to do it again sometime. :lol:

I was thinking the other day that I have now been officially in recovery for three years as of this month. It was March of 2012 when I went to my first Suboxone appointment, and I haven't regretted my decision even once since that day. This forum has been a HUGE part of my recovery from the very beginning, and I don't know what I would have done without it! Everything I have learned about Suboxone treatment and recovery in general has been because of the devoted, kind, and intelligent people right here at suboxforum. I haven't given back nearly as much as I have received, and that is the absolute truth. I'm sorry for diverting your thread for a second there, but that has been on my mind since I read your post the other day.

I'm happy that you have felt so good since you switched to the liquid taper. I know you are super excited to come to an end of this whole taper and I will be reading and cheering you along on your new thread. The confidence you feel right now is going to help you along more than you know. I'm a firm believer in the power our mind can have on our jump experiences. Going into it with positive thoughts always helps in the long run. You are doing great!

Good luck!

Q

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

tfisher, I've been following along with your taper. My impression has been that your taper is a bit fast; I think you would have less wd if you stuck at each new dose for a full week, then made a 10% reduction, then another week, etc. BUT... at this point, you are at a very low dose of buprenorphine. 0.3 mg, i.e. 300 micrograms per day... and you probably absorb about a third of that, so you are actually getting about 100 micrograms... which is similar to taking a couple Vicodin each day. I suspect you will do well after jumping-- especially if you get a little exercise, like just walking around the block a few times each day.

I really appreciate the details you have provided about your experience. Your descriptions are very helpful for the people who are struggling with fear, worried that they have some horrible experience in their futures. The things you described-- such as having no mental obsession for buprenorphine tablets, after taking them for 8 years-- are consistent with what I see. People seem to get to the point, eventually, where the obsession is broken. They have to go through some discomfort, but usually the discomfort isn't worth losing sleep over.

Are you taking any 'comfort meds'? Imodium for diarrhea? Gabapentin for the sweats? Clonidine for the agitation? I usually offer a benzo for a short time, when the person actually 'jumps'-- have you used any of those things?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Dear Dr. Junig,
Thank you more than words can describe for taking time out of your busy day to comment on my thread. I was just starting to feel super discouraged this evening, almost thinking I should pick the taper back up and start again slower. Then I got your post...

I didn't realize what a low dose .3mg actually was equivalent to. A couple vicodin a day?? I can kick that in the face, haha! That perspective changed everything for me, and I decided to push through. Might as well, I want this more than anything.

Sooo does this mean that the duration of WD (albeit my symptoms are minor) will be much shorter in duration than if I had jumped from a higher dose? Or am I still in for feeling less intense symptoms for a longer period of time.?

Your support/post came at just the right time, while I was feeling pathetic for letting a little ml of solution make me think I can't get along without it. And I had already made it through the hard part of my day,feeling deflated. so your inspiration pushed me farther,put the air back in my sails. Thanks for that more than you know.

As far as comfort meds. I don't have anything you mentioned prescribed by my doctor (as he is in another town four hours away) but i do have a prescription for ambien and also hydroxyzine that he prescribed at my last visit. The atarax (hydroxyzine) was prescribed as prn for anxiety. The atarax i know nothing about and felt dizzy for several days the first time i took it. So i haven't taken more than like 2 and that was a couple mouths ago. Maybe though now that I'm at a point i might need it, could it help?? Is it legit? Does it do anything? Anything you'd be specifically recommending instead to your patients?

But i may start a thread and see what everyone feels about hydroxyzine if i don't hear anything from you. It will be called "help? Fish is curious about hydroxyzine/atarax for WD".

Oh and i really didn't want to give you a bad impression about my doctor. I do actually like my doctor as a human being. Don't get me wrong, he's no Dr. j. ;) just didn't want you to think I'm taking with disrespect here behind the advice of my own medical professional.

Do you recommend I contact him and let him know where I'm at in my process and see if he wants to write me any different comfort meds? Or is what I have OK? I did get immodium. But the stomach issues have only began as cramping and nausea so far, minus the diarrhea. That was last week, feeling trapped in my own house should I need to use the bathroom again.

But he kinda just turned me lose with my taper at my last visit. Which is fine, I feel that he respects me and trusts in my decisions. He also treats me as though I'm on his level rather than just some dumbshit addict seeking pills. (He too is a recovering addict) however, I really would feel better having some comfort meds but since I don't, im hoping maybe it won't be as bad.

Thanks again for taking time to post and the encouragement I have received from you not just here but when you responded to my emails before.

Your contributions to my recovery are beyond my wildest dreams.

Thank you Dr.J. , you are the rock star to many of us around here!!!