It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: TAPER QUESTION
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Once down to about 2mg, how long or slow should one go to get to 1mg or .5mg??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:41 pm 
I believe Dr. Junig said you can do 2mg. 1.5mg., 1mg., .5, .25, .125 .062mg at 2-3 week intervals. You probably can easliy jump at .25-.125mg. I switched to the liquid at .25 because I have PTSD from a horrific cold turkey!
Have you seen any of his videos? Tons of info, also the thread on stopping suboxone.
You have to remember this is your journey and your body. It should be tailored to your needs. See if your doctor will prescribe liquid buprenex towards the last as it is much easier if you wish. A butrans patch is available in very low doses as well, the kicker is that it is only prescribed for pain control, not detox. I hope that may help. I wish you only the best!

xo robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

interesting! I will probably just load up on valium and ambien and neurontin along with hot baths and exercise.
thanks a bunch! the 2mg films will be easy to cut down to .5 and .25 too.
:)))

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's my recollection that Dr. Junig recommends 10% drops, but that can be difficult at low doses. That said, dropping from 2 down to 1.5 can be hard for some people. Others have good luck with the every other day dosing, like 2 one day, then 1.5, then 2, then 1.5, etc etc. It's a slower taper, but it usually ends up much less painful. So that's an option for you, too, if you feel too much discomfort in any drops you make or if they seem to big.

And please be careful with "loading up" on ambien and valium. Valium is a benzo, and although technically Ambien isn't, it does bind to the same receptors. So watch the respiratory depression as well as the addictive properties of both.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
It's my recollection that Dr. Junig recommends 10% drops, but that can be difficult at low doses. That said, dropping from 2 down to 1.5 can be hard for some people. Others have good luck with the every other day dosing, like 2 one day, then 1.5, then 2, then 1.5, etc etc. It's a slower taper, but it usually ends up much less painful. So that's an option for you, too, if you feel too much discomfort in any drops you make or if they seem to big.

And please be careful with "loading up" on ambien and valium. Valium is a benzo, and although technically Ambien isn't, it does bind to the same receptors. So watch the respiratory depression as well as the addictive properties of both.

For sure. I will only take ambien at night and the benzo in the morning/afternoon. not at the same time. i am doing 3mg tomorrow so ill stick with that for about 3 weeks then taper 3/2 every other day for 1 week then stick to 2.
thanks for the support!!!!