It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Taper Help. Please.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I've been on Sub for just about 6 weeks now (maybe 6.5 weeks) this after a month of H use. I started at about 6mgs/day for a week, went to 4 mgs/day for a week, then to 2mgs/day for about three weeks, now on 1mg for the past week. I really haven't felt any wd's at all in tapering so far. Maybe a little bit of achy legs and a little bit of a runny nose in going from 2mg to 1mg, but that is all. I've been sleeping fine which surprises me b/c normally RLS is my main wd sympton.

So what to do from here? I want to get off this stuff ASAP, but hoping to minimize wd's (yes, I'm aware that I'm going to suffer to some extent no matter what, but I'm hoping it won't be so bad given I only ran for a month and now just 6 weeks of subs). Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:06 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I think 1 mg is still a large dose to jump from. I suggest trying to taper even further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:26 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Definitely taper more. With only a month of H use, I probaby would have limited my sub use to 7-10 days to mask the H wd. I was on sub for about 2.5 months and ended up tapering to .0325mg before jumping and the first 5 days sucked. I got almost no sleep because of the RLS, but am on 19 days now and feel fine. Sleep is still hit and miss but at least I am getting some.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Taper
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with nomorepills, you should have done a quick taper, or just cold turkey off H, you would have been better after three days tops. The reason why the doc wants u on a long time is to break the addictive behavior and kill the cravings. Read the stories on here and get a game plan that works for you and stick to it, thats what im doing and ready to jump myself. Good luck keep everyone updated, this site saved my ass. I know how frusterating it is being on subs with nowhere to turn, most of our loved ones have no clue how much suffering we are going through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:30 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Did you only use dope for a month or was this a relapse in a longer addiction? If you only used for a month then a quick taper would be fine IMO.

If you have been struggling for a longer time, I would see a Suboxone Doctor and think about doing something a little more long term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Things are going a lot better than I had anticipated in dropping below 1mg. I've taken .5 for the last three days and haven't even dosed yet today and I'm feeling great. My legs are still a bit achy, but I've also been doing some light running so that's probably plaing a factor too. I'm thinking another .5 today then .25 for 3-5 days and if I'm still feeling alright jumping over the weekend. Then again, given that I'm feeling fine, maybe I'm better off just jumping from .5 in the next day or two???

To answer a question or two above, yes, this is a relapse as part of a long history of opiate/H addiction. However, I truly believe I have a solid solution and that's the 12 steps. It kept me sober, and even more importantly, HAPPY, for 12 months before this current relapse. approaching the 13th month of my sobriety, I got lazy and complacement and stopped taking right action and living the steps. Within a month a I was unhappy and miserable again. Lesson learned - If I just put a little bit of work into the step process each day, I should stay sober/happy and need to be very grateful for that. Withtout living on a spritual basis...I'm focked! LOL.

So with the above said, subxone isn't a solution for me. I can 100% respect those that it works for and I say fock what others say, do what works for you. Sub was supposed to be a short-term detox for me while I'm busy at work. Unfortunately, time flew by and here I am on it for a couple weeks longer than I wanted to be, but I'm hoping I can put a stop to it within a week or less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

AlmostThereForGood wrote:
Things are going a lot better than I had anticipated in dropping below 1mg. I've taken .5 for the last three days and haven't even dosed yet today and I'm feeling great. My legs are still a bit achy, but I've also been doing some light running so that's probably plaing a factor too. I'm thinking another .5 today then .25 for 3-5 days and if I'm still feeling alright jumping over the weekend. Then again, given that I'm feeling fine, maybe I'm better off just jumping from .5 in the next day or two???

To answer a question or two above, yes, this is a relapse as part of a long history of opiate/H addiction. However, I truly believe I have a solid solution and that's the 12 steps. It kept me sober, and even more importantly, HAPPY, for 12 months before this current relapse. approaching the 13th month of my sobriety, I got lazy and complacement and stopped taking right action and living the steps. Within a month a I was unhappy and miserable again. Lesson learned - If I just put a little bit of work into the step process each day, I should stay sober/happy and need to be very grateful for that. Withtout living on a spritual basis...I'm focked! LOL.

So with the above said, subxone isn't a solution for me. I can 100% respect those that it works for and I say fock what others say, do what works for you. Sub was supposed to be a short-term detox for me while I'm busy at work. Unfortunately, time flew by and here I am on it for a couple weeks longer than I wanted to be, but I'm hoping I can put a stop to it within a week or less.

Remember, that for many it takes awhile for the full WDs to hit. I think it also depends on dose and metabolism. I seemed to get more intense symptoms quicker then others. It remains to be seen if this also means I get "over the hump" quick as well.