It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: taper can be easy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I hate withdraw and have been on 90 mgs of done down to 24 mgs going down 2 mgs a week when i got to 24 mgs i switched to subutex after waiting one full 24 hour period and only had some shoulder pain along with my brain having emotions and feelings again. I started my taper from about one eight mg tab of sub going at every third day taking six mgs then after a week of that go with six every day stabilize a week or two then do the same till you get to four then to two doing the same plan stabilizing two weeks or less each time i went down two mgs. Then i asked to go to the two mg tab of sub and did the same but stretched it out a hair more so every third day i would take three quarters of a two mg tab for a week or so, then two days out of the three days i would take three quarters of the pill, then the next week or so level out at three quarters every day and so on down till you are at a quarter of a pill every day. When you are that low all you are getting is a pain pill high for eight hours or so a day so start skipping days on that quarter and at that point you can stop any time with mild mild grumpyness. You are not going to notice if you break a price a little bigger than the other in this whole process you will not notice. If a quarter of a 2 mg tab is still lasting you all day at the end break it in half and stretch out the end a wee bit more. If any of this doesn't make sense to anyone let me know. This is a way you will never feel anything bad at all. A person could do it faster i just wanted no bad feelings or grumpy moods. Wade in kentuckiana

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The first time I read it, I didn't quite understand but I read it again more slowly and it's a very sensible way to go! Basically, you let your body guide you and you applied some pressure but not too much and gradually it went down. You know, I respect the discipline that took. I somehow have to see my dose officially decreasing on my prescription to keep me motivated. However, when I was pregnant and had the best reason ever to go down, I did it very much like you just described and it worked, as far as getting my dose much, much lower.

Good Job! Good Job!!! I love hearing someone being so positive about weaning off Sub. It's refreshing and inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

laddertipper