It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tampa area doctors
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:23 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm moving to the Tampa Florida area and have been on suboxone for 6 years and would like any suggestions about doctors that will see patients only monthly. I don't want to have to start all over and do the every week thing or even every other week. If anyone can give me a name for a doctor near Tampa that will only be one office visit a month I will be very grateful. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Tampa area doctors
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there, I am somewhat new here and only have been on this step of my recovery for only about a week. I am very close to Tampa (right over bridge). I have an amazing team of Dr's that somehow I stumbled upon. Im telling you these guys are GREAT! before I even became a patient the Dr gave me his personal cell phone#. I called around one morning to start looking for a way out of my massive addiction as I was ready to break away after 5 years. After calling at least 15 different places with no luck and feeling embarassed by asking for information about suboxone I dialed another number and the peron anwsered the phone 'advanced care physicians this is Dr. Schaffer'. Right then and there I had a feeling that this was gonna be the place. How often do the DR themselves answer the phone? Anyways I reluctantly began asking about what options I had to break away from this cycle and instead of transferring me to the nurse or receptionist he decided to answer all of my questions and give me all of the different information that was needed including insurance and such. After being on the phone with him for 30 min I felt so much better about my decision. He gave me his cell # and said to text him my info and that he would then send me all the info regarding getting a referral from my primary care Dr(which I didnt have) anyways after going back and fourtg via text and making Dr appointments for 2 weeks I finally got into see him last week. I was scared of the whole going to addiction Dr because of the stigma around it ( I have taken a friend to a methadone clinic beifre and it wasnt a pretty sight) I got to the office and is located in a building with other Drs offices and a imaging place and I walked in and it wasn't what I was expecting (I think I was expecting the worse like the methadone clinic) I immediately was greeted by another Dr and he got all of my paperwork started.once I got back and started my induction I had met everyone on the team. There are 2 doctors, and two nurses. By the time I left there that day I had felt I have known all 4 of them forever they are all down to earth and talked yo me like a human and not a patient they used words that would make a trucker blush :) lol and I would understand. Anyways the office is about 30 min from tampa and im sure if you are seeing your Dr only once a month now they will pick up where you leave off obviously after contacting your previous Dr.
*** only thing im not to thrilled with is that they are all males and I am a female there's things that are easier to talk to a female about that I will have to suck it up and talk to a male about lol