It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have not heard that it makes your genitals fall out but I did remember reading on a forum that it makes your hair fall out. Apparently Artie Lang from the Howard Stern show was on subutext/suboxone for years after his battle with addiction and his hair fell out...Or it just could be because he was getting older. Of course I believe I was reading about it in relation to me searching "Dr. Drew Suboxone" on google. I doubt it is true...Then again whenever I ask a pharmacist or a doctor if there is any correlation between suboxone and weight gain I get dismissed despite the fact that I, and many other users of suboxone have put on weight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm puzzled by the vision of a female's genitals falling out. That is one thing I'd rather not picture!

I think the funniest thing I have ever seen on the web is 'only take suboxone for less than 2 weeks, that way you won't get addicted to it as well'. Thats like saying "Smoke Camels instead of Marlboro's, then stop a week later because you won't be addicted to either of them"

Do any of you remember 'suboxone7years' on here I had to block 4 times? look up that ID here and read her post. Its a funny story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just have to say this because of what Jamez said about female genitals....but it can actually happen. I once had a worker's compensation claim where a woman had some kind of female procedure, returned to work as a waitress too soon, was lifting a 10 pound tray and it caused her vagina to fall out. Just so ya know. I had to read every single medical report and in that 5 year old claim and I know way more about it and have way more visuals that I ever wanted. I also think this may have been when I decided children just wouldn't be for me since apparently this can happen when you give birth also.

I don't know if suboxone can make this happen to you. We may need to ask Dr. Junig. :lol:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:13 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I looked up the post...What an idiot. I actually searched her on google and it looks like she posted her story everywhere as a horror tale. Suboxone has not been around long enough but I think some people would honestly just benefit from being on it forever....Of course, not on 32 MG from under his doctors desk but getting down to maybe 2-4 MG range. I know I'm on 16 MG right now and I still get temptations all of the time...Especially when watching those Addiction shows...Showing people shooting up I get all ancy...The funny thing is I used to be a needlephob till I started shooting up then I just loved it...I love the thought of when the blood enters the syringe and kind of does this little dance with the tar and makes this beautiful color.....That's my addiction talking though. Even just talking about it right now I just pause and go into a blank stare and think about it.

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vbull ... 22109.html

(Look at that link, Jamez. Guess who is back on the Subs?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Out of curiosity I googled her too and she IS back on suboxone. What is interesting is that when she went back on it I think she was only off of it for 90 days on 8.2.09. She joined this forum 5.11.09 and according to her post then, she had been off for 30 days. On her blog from August, she stops exaggerating and indicates she started sub in 2003 so we are back to 6 years on instead of 7 which wasn't true. Then she says she had withdrawals for 30 days. Interesting! Did the supposed withdrawals stop the day she was banned? LIKE MAGIC!!!!! The first thing I would have to do if I got back on suboxone is come back here and apologize to Dr. Junig and Jamez and correct myself for being wrong. But I love everything that was said to her. Imagine developing your screen name around a lie/exaggeration and then KEEPING the screen name for years. I would hate that. It would just remind me that when I created it after 6 years of sub I hadn't grown far enough away from my addict behavior to stop lying to myself. She clearly came on here probably after reading other blogs and sites and thought she would get a lot of attention and post multiple threads about the same thing. She got attention, just not the kind of attention she was looking for.

Anyhow...enough about that. I am glad that all happened here because I imagine that is what led Dr. Junig to make those sticky's about his "bias" and to outline what the forum is for (if that was already here and she still did that then I am really in shock by the behavior). I am EXTREMELY grateful that this was the first site my husband found for me and that I didn't stumble across the others first. I was given exactly what I needed right when I needed it and everything fell right into place for me. This forum and you people have been amazing!!!

Cherie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:04 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

8) Hello fellow Functional Addicts 8)

I am one of you and Dam Proud of it....

I just needed to get that out... The term "Dysfunctional Junkies" dosen't bother me because I know better. What bothers me is the way uninformed people look at this disease like the people that have it somehow deserve it or asked for it???? I agree that we need to be selective who we tell what to because of the way addiction is still looked at and that is a shame!!! Anyone who reads this Forum can tell that there are some very smart people in Recovery.
There are probably some people in thier personal life that are Recovering too.... Maybe a friend, maybe a co-worker, maybe a Boss, maybe the Owner of the company they work for???? People would be VERY Suprised if they could find some magic glasses that would let them see under our (Not so Little) Addiction Tent......and see who are members are!!!!! But for our sake I'm glad they can't. To all my Dysfunctional Junkie friends (tongue in cheek) out there in Recovery.... Keep up the good work and please help keep this Forum alive by posting as much as you can....... I wish you all continued success in your Recovery!!!!!

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Twinply, I agree with that the one thing I don't agree with in general is junkies not taking responsibility for their actions. Yes, we are addicts, junkies, users, whatever they want to call us and after a while we did pretty much effectively re hardwire our brains into thinking differently. Yes, I come from a family of addicts on my Dad's side...I'm probably fourth, fifth generation addict and yes I come from divorced household but I don't blame any of those reasons for why I became an addict. Yes, maybe I was more prone but My dad, my mom, nor did anyone else every stick a pill down my throat or a needle in my arm. What we have is a disease but at the same time we have to take personal responsibility thats why I think a lot of people have a lot of trouble understanding addiction. Yes, we made ourselves this way in a sense but also because of our chooses became helpless. None of these people would ever understand that ticking time bomb you have in your head that makes you crave more, more, and MORE.

I've heard people say "Well, I've quit smoking why can't you quit opiates?" AHHHHHHHHHAFHHFAHFSHFHF. They don' t understand, they'll never understand. Thats why I find this forum so much more helpful then the little out patient program I did. Just because you went to school and read a book about addictions doesn't mean you know jack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I prefer to say I am in recovery.................recovery is the cool thing right now. Plus it helps me pick up dysfunctional junkies as AA/NA meetings......ok I am being a silly boy again. We are what we are.....and right now we are in recovery or the new cool phrase addiction remission......I will telll you I sure do love myself and others alot more now that I am on subutex.....recovery really is cool. Did I say cool enough............? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mayunholdup wrote:
I looked up the post...What an idiot. I actually searched her on google and it looks like she posted her story everywhere as a horror tale. Suboxone has not been around long enough but I think some people would honestly just benefit from being on it forever....Of course, not on 32 MG from under his doctors desk but getting down to maybe 2-4 MG range. I know I'm on 16 MG right now and I still get temptations all of the time...Especially when watching those Addiction shows...Showing people shooting up I get all ancy...The funny thing is I used to be a needlephob till I started shooting up then I just loved it...I love the thought of when the blood enters the syringe and kind of does this little dance with the tar and makes this beautiful color.....That's my addiction talking though. Even just talking about it right now I just pause and go into a blank stare and think about it.

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vbull ... 22109.html

(Look at that link, Jamez. Guess who is back on the Subs?)

LOL Holy shit! I'm not suprised!

Dr. J really got ticked with her posts, then she started sending him hate mail. It was quite a funny mess! Did you happen to see her picture? She really loves herself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jackcrack wrote:
Out of curiosity I googled her too and she IS back on suboxone. What is interesting is that when she went back on it I think she was only off of it for 90 days on 8.2.09. She joined this forum 5.11.09 and according to her post then, she had been off for 30 days. On her blog from August, she stops exaggerating and indicates she started sub in 2003 so we are back to 6 years on instead of 7 which wasn't true. Then she says she had withdrawals for 30 days. Interesting! Did the supposed withdrawals stop the day she was banned? LIKE MAGIC!!!!! The first thing I would have to do if I got back on suboxone is come back here and apologize to Dr. Junig and Jamez and correct myself for being wrong. But I love everything that was said to her. Imagine developing your screen name around a lie/exaggeration and then KEEPING the screen name for years. I would hate that. It would just remind me that when I created it after 6 years of sub I hadn't grown far enough away from my addict behavior to stop lying to myself. She clearly came on here probably after reading other blogs and sites and thought she would get a lot of attention and post multiple threads about the same thing. She got attention, just not the kind of attention she was looking for.

Anyhow...enough about that. I am glad that all happened here because I imagine that is what led Dr. Junig to make those sticky's about his "bias" and to outline what the forum is for (if that was already here and she still did that then I am really in shock by the behavior). I am EXTREMELY grateful that this was the first site my husband found for me and that I didn't stumble across the others first. I was given exactly what I needed right when I needed it and everything fell right into place for me. This forum and you people have been amazing!!!

Cherie

Actually, you guessed it! Its why I added the big red 'Posting Rules'! It was a problem about a year ago, and that whole mess took the cake!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mayunholdup

I must say that I LOVE the avatar!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_4nupAxvNw[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That is one of the funniest movies ever...There is some irony too it though as I'm sure some people on this forum got that low which is a chilling reminder for everyone.

I feel kind of irritated right now...I'm prescribed 16 but I only had one left for today so now I'm only on 8 MG...I know thats enough it's probably just more mental that anything. I see my doctor tomorrow, he's my new sub doc and my old one hasn't sent him the charts yet. I'm on the free program so when I go in the office the doctor gives me my months supply then I come back in a month, well he only gave me a bottle of 30. I was about to tell him that I was on more but then he took a phone call and bailed...Kind of unprofessional. Anyways, I plan to tell him tomorrow..It's kind of weighing on my mind.

Post subject: SneakyElephant
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

*SneakyElephant* Sure I may get blasted for this but as someone who lives quite happily in the land of sarcasm i found your phrase of you finding us to be like "your little family of dysfunctional junkies" hilariously endearing. And i feel that some people on this site need to lighten up and stop taking themselves so seriously. Maybe if they did they would have been able to read your phrase objectively and see that it was meant as a term of endearment. Yeah i get that people dont want to be called addicts or junkies really who does but that really wasnt the context of your sentence. I took it as more like calling a kid brother a name or picking or a little sister. Again i feel like you were just trying to show the people on here that you care for them and think of them as a sort of family to you, and that whole point was completely overlooked, instead you got reamed out for not using PC correct terminologhy. Like come on guys why so sesitive? I feel like some people simple try to make enemies out of everyone, and pick apart everything people write word for damn word. And i could see if it were maybe a moderator doing it but its not they dont, the moderators are the ones who pretty much leave you be and allow you to write freely about how you feel as long as your not jeaprdizing the recovery or health mentally or physically of another poster. Whatever all im saying is lighten up i thought it was funny, people gotta stop taking sh#t so seriously all the time or thier gonna wind up giving themselves an ulcer!