It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: A Tale of Two Quitters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:54 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

So Sweet 16 and I are both quitting today/tomorrow. Our stories are quite different but we are both ready to jump and from just about the same dose. She will be postin ghere as well so people can see how we both fair coming from different DOC and time tables. A brief history of ME.
Three shoulder surgeries led me to Norco for pain relief. Tolerance upped the dose from 4 a day to 10. I was on them for about 3 years. A little less than 3 months ago I stopped and got on Subs. I started at 8 mg and started tapering immediately. I was dependent on the pills to stay out of WD's but not addicted so I know that basically using the subs to detox is okay for me.
I have gone through a grand total of 10.5 8mg pills. So you can see I have not used it a whole lot. I tapered quickly from 8 to 6 to 4 to 2 to 1mg in about 2 weeks. I had no problems doing those drops, but once I got sub 1mg it got a lot harder. I have taken about 6-8 days to adjust and my idea of adjustment is that once I don't feel too bad during the day it is time to cut again. But I am past the stacking effect each time given the average sub half life.

So now i have been on .05mg for a week and took .0375 yesterday. Sleep is crappy but I am trying to get clonidine. I have some somas and xanax, though neither help me sleep more than a few hours due to the RLS. Anyway, Geronimo!!!

Take it away Sweets!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:56 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I should also mention that I was on the Suboxone 8mg Pills and since getting to 1mg I have been using the liquid taper method so I didn't have to resort to gummers of Suboxone since they basically crushed into dust when i tried to cut the pills into less than 1mg chunks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well as most of you already know I have been on sub since May 17, 2011 after a 2-3 month steady H binge. I have been a binge user for most of my life. I have a few years clean here and there, but for the most part I have had issues w/ beer, weed, coke, meth, H, acid & shrooms (as a kid) whippets, pills, relationships & sex :wink: .......Yup that about covers it... Anyhow, today IS my last day on suboxone. (gosh darn it I just stabelized too) I started on 32mg (strips) the first few days then quickly tapered down to 8mg for a month or two then 4mg and started to taper in Sept 2011. I am curently on .0625 for the past 6 days. So these have been my symptoms while tapering: Mostly physical lethargy.(I find this the WORST as I am typically hyperactive). Sore legs but i would not classify them as "restless legs" just sore. I have experienced burning a few times but nothing steady. I have been moody as hell, or emotional as hell, Bitchy as hell, (I am a girl too so factor PMS in the equation as well :? ) Lower back pain has been an issue but only for the first 3-4 days after a taper. Sneezing most reently, LOTS & LOTS of sneezing. My 10 year old is always comenting on this... :shock: (in fact I JUST sneezed)
I want to mention that even though this sub tapering thing has really taken its toll on me for the past 6 months, I have had the chance to really search inside of myself to find the answers as to why I have had these problems w/ addiction. I have learned to control my behavior, my reactions. I still have work to do, however I feel I have a grasp on the situation and I now know what I am up against. So I will update ya all often and good luck NoMorePills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: UGH - No sleep
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:38 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

WEll it is 3:30 AM and I have not slept at all tonight. The RLS has kept me up all night. I am so tired ad this is killing me. My total A-hole doctor will not prescribe me any comfort meds without coming back to her practice which means another appointment next wek, pee test and some eating crow I am sure. She should have given me them when I left and told her I was tapering and quitting against her advice.
I really hope this is not what I have to look forward to for the next week. I will be delirious. REally want some clonidine or some Trazadone. Maybe Ambien. ANything to help me sleep. This is really bad. Weird thing is during th day I felt fine. Wonder if I will feel okay once the sun comes up. Right now I am so tired but I cannot sleep.I have taken Soma, xanax, nyquil and it does nothing but makeme groggy. ANyone have any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I find that Unisom (you can get the generic doxylamine succinate for half the price) helps me sleep. I definitely helps me fall asleep. Sometimes I stay asleep, but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night. It helps at least for 4 or 5 hours. I also use Tylenol pm, or generic diphenhydramine HCl, which usually keeps me asleep all night. I do feel a bit groggy in the morning for a couple hours, but it's better than not sleeping a wink. I usually alternate these two so my body doesn't become dependant or tolerant to either. And I also try not to take anything a few night a week on nights when I don't have to work in the morning since I know I can nap in the day. Melatonin might also help, and you only need 1 or 2mg, but I don't use it much because it gives me very vivid nightmares. I actually looked it up online after this happening and it is listed as a side effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey sweet 16 & nomorepills,

I hope you guys have a super easy detox and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm right behind you with jumping ( at 0.0625) and hope for good detox. Let everyone know how your doing so we can cheer you on.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!
Courtney :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Courtney, wonderful for you! I think 0.0625 is a decent place to step off. How long have you been tapering? Good luck to you & Thank you KINDLY for the well wishes. Very much appreciated.

NoMorePills, that sux about your vulture of a Doctor. So sorry you are going thru this un necessarily. My only suggestion to ad to Taurus list would be to sneak into the jaccuzzi when things get rough. I mean you are already awake. Seems I have heard so many times when you can not sleep the worst thing to do is stay in bed and try to sleep. Maybe get a book & read. That always makes me tired. The only other thing I would suggest is to try to go to a quick care or an urgent care and tell them that you have been have not had sleep in a few days due to stress. I am sure they will perscribe you sleep meds.

So my last dose was yesterday morning. I had a good day yesterday. I did start to feel a little funny come afternoon, but not terrible. I do not plan to dose today. I do have 2 more tiny pieces if I need it, but at this point I am ready for the end. I have been noticing the heals of my feet hurting???.... My job requires me to stand on my feet but I have not been working a whole lot. IDK it is just something I have noticed. I have been laying around a lot and my muscles are sore too. When I get up in the morning lately my knees are a little stiff too. Damn is this me getting old or is this mild withdrawl. I wanted to add another symptom that is bothersome but not horrible although I do get pissed (i know how silly) It is the chills. I have been damned cold and I will lay in front of the heater for an hour just top get to normal. I wear flip flops year round and I have been wearing socks with my flops. I must look rediculous, but I dont care. I live in a beach town, seems perfectly ok to me....Oh and I am crabby bitchy... I will be glad (& so will my kids) when this part is over... Sneezing sneezing.. This I actually enjoy. So there ya have it. Gosh guys have a great weekend I may get to the beach and join a vollyball game...I am ready to get back in the game of LIFE..........
CHIN UP NoMorePills. I am sending positive vibes your way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:37 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Taurus and Courtney- THanks for the advice. I ended up sleeping off and on from about 4:30 unitl 7. A nap is definitely in my future as is a trip to the store to get some melatonin and Unisom. My mom has Fibro so she has lots of ambien. I will ask her ot send me some, though she does not know about my detoxing. I am also hoping that last night was my tough night. I would rather have vivid nightmares than no sleep. I am afraid of winding up like Ed Norton in Fight Club!! lol ANyway, I feel much better this morning. It is weird that the RLS only happens at night and that during the day I neeze a bit but otherwise feel okay. I suppose that will allow me to get through this acute withdrawal phase. I just hope the RLS goes away with some supplements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Guys

I just wanted to let you know that when I jumped off sub the first time ( at 1mg) I had rls bad. I ended up reading online some where that a potassium supplement would help so I gave it a try and it worked wonders. You can get it at walmart really cheap so if it dose not work you want be out a lot of money. I took it once a day in the morning.

Have a great day,
Courtney :lol:

one more thing I have been tapering off sub since oct last year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

nomorepills - I gave some melatonin to a friend at work one time too, and she came in the next day and said she is never taking that again because of the nightmares! Lol!! Anyway, I lived by myself at the time, so I woke up really scared. But I could probably try them again now since I live with bf. And I suppose guys don't get as scared as girls do over dreams. :lol:

sweet16 - I wear socks with flip flops all the time in my house! Gotta love the camel toe look!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:51 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Taurus- I am really willing to try anything. Plus I love my dreams, even the scary ones. Weird I know. I am going to get some melatonin, ZMA, Potassium and hope that helps in the absence of Rx comfort drugs. Maybe I will call my old primary care and see if I can get the clonidine and maybe trazadone from him. That stuff knocks me out.

Post subject: Close Call
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well if stopping sub wasnt hard enough. I swear the Universe sure tests your will. Guess who came by??????? The junkie cousin...From down the way. She needed a family phone #. I WAS tempted but did NOT ask nor did she offer. OK. It was a little rough but I am cool. What I can not believe is the coincidence that the VERY day I decide to stop sub, temptation knocks on my door. I guess I am truly ready to be off sub. I DO know however it will be hard to be faced with opportunity and CONTINUE TO say no. I will need to go to meetings, therapy or something to increass my strength.... Close call guys close call.... (sorta)
Camel toe...LOL.. Funny girl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

NoMorePills - I remember reading something about melatonin...but I'm just going from memory from a long time ago, so you might want to research online just a little...but I think I read to make sure you get the vegetarian melatonin, and not the synthetic melatonin. I don't remember the reason why, but I always research whenever I take something new, so just thought I'd pass that along if you are going to buy it. I just looked at my bottle and it's by Natrol and it says 1mg and 100% vegetarian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Very cool. I have been reading up on it and of course there are contradictory things. Some say synthetic is better and far cheaper, others tout vegetarian Melatonin. I will buy one of each and see if I see a difference. Thanks for the info!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No problem. Let me know which one you think works better, if there is any difference at all. I just looked at the expiration date on my bottle and it is 2006! Like I said, it was a long time ago! I am still having trouble sleeping. I go to sleep, but wake up every half hour throught the entire night. Subs have made it more tolerable because at least now I am not laying there in pain, but I still need to sleep waaaayyy more! I'm getting really grumpy and tired of this. I'm going to go buy some more melatonin and try that again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I really have nothing much to report other than it has been 45 hrs since my last sub dose. I went for a longer than normal walk on a route that I have never been on before yesterday after laying around most of the day. It was beautiful. I saw so many flowers. I watched people playing in the lagoon. Just a fabulous walk. SO I am getting my butt moving. I went to bed lastnight after taking a couple pills that my doctor perscribed in lieu of clonidine. Hydroxyzine HCL 25 mg. I have low BP so he would not perscribe clonidine. (lucky me) Anyway I also took my xanax. I felt very sleepy and no anxiety. lol.. I DID recognise some RLS and I elevated my legs on my pillows and then passed out. Elevating my legs felt sooooo good I must say. I think ya all should give it a try. I hope it helps some of you. I Slept all night pretty good and woke up feeling better that I have felt in a while. Usually my knees hurt along w/ my lower back. I know I am not even 2 days into no subs, but I am surprised that I feel so good today. I will not make any assumptions as to why I feel so good. I will just count my blessings. Hope NoMorePills is doing well & had a good night sleep..(fingers n toes crossed)

Post subject: Caved in
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:59 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well I was at 36 hours of no sub but given that I have no comfort meds I was killed with RLS last night. I took xananx and soma right before bed but I guess my tolerance has increased and I dare not take more for fear of pulling a Health Ledger. I have never taken benzos so I am a little scared. I think I may try some Benadryl. Hydroxyzine is an antihistamine, so maybe Benadryl will have similar effects.
As to my caving, it was about 4am last night and I was just flailing with the RLS so I got uo and put a couple drops of my sub solution under my tongue. THis is a .05mg/mL solution so I got about .00625mg of sub. Probably just enough for a placebo effect. THat allowed about an hour and a half of sleep. Today I am taking a new approach. A long walk, hot tub, benadryl and a Soma as I am going to bed so it lasts all night I hope. It is weird that during the day I do not have these symptoms, just when I want to sleep.
I am so happy for your Sweet! You are kicking ass and taking names. Keep us updated.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know that I am new here and that I have been posting alot the last few days...hope everyone isn't getting tired of hearing from me. You all have been my life line over the last few days!

I just wanted to say to sweet 16 and NoMorePills that I am really inspired by both of you. It is great to see you posting about your journey of tapering off the subs. I think it shows how commited you both are to make it such a public process with us...a little bit of accountability from people who are rooting for you is a good thing. Keep working at it, I know it's not easy...but you made the jump from your DOC to subs so that proves you have the strength you need to succeed! And remember that you are helping all of us who have yet to make it where you are by giving us a window into your struggle.

I hope you have a GREAT day and a FULL nights sleep tonight!

~Jen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey sweet, you're doing really good, keep hanging in there!

NoMorePills, I wouldn't call .00625mg of Suboxone caving. To me, you can bend, but don't break while getting off of Suboxone. If you would have taken 8mg of Suboxone, that would probably be breaking. :D The RLS associated with opiate wd can be extremely disturbing. Have you tried exercising your legs before you lay down? It was the only thing that helped my RLS. In my case, the RLS from Suboxone wd was much shorter lived than RLS from full agonists. If I remember correctly, the RLS lasted a week or two. To the best of my knowledge, RLS is a "nervous system" issue, Clonidine, which calms the Sympathetic Nervous System, helped me tons during my wd. Give it a try if you can.

Post subject: Update!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I feel fine guys. I do not have any real symptoms to complain about. Still waiting for the wave to come crashing down, but hoping for the best. My mind is clear, I have some energy. Maybe not a ton of motivation, but enough to work. I hope NoMore gets the relief he needs and can get on with his plan. Hope ya all have a great day