It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:28 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

MMJ puts me to sleep. You need to blare some Phish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

NoMorePills--YAY for sleep!!

Sweet16--the laziness will eventually pass, just keep being patient. You're brain is working its ass off trying to figure out how to fire up your "natural opiate" production machine, it will come back online, it just takes a little bit.

Rockmayfield--you're on day 7, how do ya feel? Stay strong, man.

Post subject: Day 11
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:35 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks everyone. The sleep is really halping though I keep having dreams about shooting pills or heroin. Really really weird. I have never done that and it keeps making me feel weird when I awake. I wake up pissed that I ut my wd's back so far by shooting up some dope. Then I realize it was just a dream. Weird. The ambien did not work as well last night, but I still managed 7 hours. So good.
Sweet - Like Romeo says just give it time. We all need to baby ourselves to make sure we don't slip backwards at all. You are doing great!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am AM feeling better. I am still lazy but the "haze" has lifted. I did not smoke MMJ yesterday. Felt much better. I am a little, what I would call, "Inside myself" today. Ex hubby called(#3). He puts me in a funk everytime I talk to him. Taking the day off to do errands. It has been a while since I even had the energy to do errands so you can imagine how many I have..
Rock, I am listening to Dub,....NoMorePills , glad you are sleeping... We (NoMore & Rock) probably could start posting in the other section by now... but I kinda like it here in this one though.. Lol. Have a great day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:15 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Dub step? Do you like the disco biscuits, etc?

What other section? I thought all the cool kids are here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey NoMorePills, I had some using dreams when I got off of Suboxone too, they did tend to rattle my cage pretty good because like you, when I woke, I was pissed that I had got back on Suboxone or whatever drug I had dreamed of. I haven't had a using dream in a good long while, though. I'm thinking your using dreams will go away fairly soon.

Also, I had the same experience with Ambien, first time I took it worked pretty good, but the second night, not so much....third night, even crappier. I ended up rotating Ambien every few days to get the best effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:17 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

romeo - Thanks for the advice. My mom uses ambien to sleep and it has worked for her for years. Last night I got 2 hours out of it. Think I will sub in some benaadryl or something for it tongiht and see how that goes. I had to dog sit last night and the bed was horrible and i kept waking up going where am I??? TGIF is all I have to say. TGIF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey NoMorePills, YOU TOO? I am dog sitting too, only I get to sleep in my own bed. I just go let the critter out every so often... (glad its not my dog... do not get it)
I'm still having sneezing and lack of motivation.... All I wanna do is lay around... (literally lay down) I have been watching Weeds, but NOT smoking any..Lol I am just lazy. I HOPE this goes away... Ya all would be proud of me though. I had a doctor appointment with my new Primary Care Physician. He is an old school doctor. Asked me if I need any meds (I've had severe kidney stones for 25 years)... Anyway, I said "No I am good" Although pills are not my doc. anyway I could have gotten morphine from this oldie but goodie of a doc....Lol
I did have some chills today out of the blue....And I thought I had random back soreness, but turns out it is from throwing a ball for tha dog.... Well that is the update. Have a GREAT weekend everyone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yikes sweet! It's very hard to turn down pills from a doctor!! You did great! I hope I can be that strong when I get off subs.

Post subject: Day15
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:36 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

We I think I have turned the corner. I had a couple of nights where I felt like I was headed to big time RLS at bed time, but some sleep time tea and an ambien knocked me out. i am still very restless whilst sleeping as eveidenced by all my pillows scattered about when I do wake up. But I suppose restless sleep is better than no sleep.
I also worked out pretty hard yesterday and am going again today to hopefully tire my body out so I sleep more like I used to. I suppose it is a lot to ask to be "normal" after three years on pills and 11 weeks on Subs. Oh well, one day at a a time.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and is feeling better and better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congrats to both of you!

Seems your well on your way!... I would get rid of any alcohol. Its not gonna help when your mind/body is healing itself and actually puts you in the opposite direction. Sleep revitalizes you during detox/withdrawal. The heavy stuff that puts you out at night can also make you feel crappy the next day worse than if you didn't take it in the first place. I wish you both the best. I'm tired and going to zZz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Taurus, I am not really a pill person so it was no big deal. I will ask him for more xanax BC this is what I take for a restful nights sleep. I do not feel I have a problem w/ it. I mean theres no high from it. Least not for me..
ambr, you are 100% right. I knocked back a few beers (well 6) on Easter with the ex-inlaws... WOW the next day I was not a happy camper.. Today I feel GREAT! I feel as though I am getting back to me. I have experienced a HUGE lack of motivation past cpl weeks. Today is the first day I am actually feeling improvement. Needless to say, I do not have the urge to be drinking. I have not been smoking weed and I feel pretty good. I mean I am practically clean and sober.... First time in 20+ years... I am good. I have a harley and it provides a good rush when I feel the need and my libido is back in full force so I am taking advantage of that and it seems to be tideing me over and I do not feel the urge to use drugs.... YAAAAY! life is finally feeling worth living... Thanks everyone for being a HUGE support and a sounding board for my concearns and also for all the advise. I really really appreciate it. A million blessings to everyone....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am so excited for you both No more and Sweet16... and the others who have chimed in on this post who are stopping subs...You are doing great! Sweet....it looks like you have a sleeve on your right arm in the picture...is that right or is it just a shadow? If so, what kind of art work do you have? I love tattoos. And big cool points for the harley! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just a bit of an update. I am doing very good I believe it has been 3 weeks off sub. I am still sneezing lots every day. Still fighting lethargy however the lethargy seems to come and go. I have not experienced any sleep issues or much RLS to complain about. THAT is a blessing. I tried drinking on Easter and realized the next day that beer is STILL NOT my friend. I am VERY happy about this discovery. I used to drink too much and now it is of little interest. I do have thoughts of using occasionally but they are moving AWAY from "craving" feelings and just habitual thoughts. They come and quickly go. Not smoking weed like I used to do daily. I do not at all miss it. In the begining I wantyed to get high on something and since I have MMJ I gravitated toward that, but now I just do not like the way it compounds the lazyness. Well, I am off for a walk. It has been a few days since I have got my butt out there. I NEED to. My back hurts from being lazy :cry:
I hope everyone is well

Post subject: Day 18
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:07 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I will give an update too... During the day I am pretty much over everything. Not much sneezing or creepy crawly feelings. At night I have been taking ambien. I only had one pill left last night so I cut it in half and that got me through the night. Woke up a lot but fell back to sleep easily. I have been at the gym killing myself so I think that is helping. I am so thoroughly exhausted by the time 9 rolls around that I am fighting to stay awake. So that is good. And I am not waking to find pillows thrown everywhere so I guess the RLS has quieted down. My body is so sore from the gym that I have no idea if I have aches from PAWS... I assume I am at the PAWS stage... I also think that because of my short time on sub and how low I jumped, I should be okay. I have a buddy who is jumping from 30mg of Methadone this weekend. He was on anywhere from 12-15 30mg Roxies to 4 or 5 40mg Opanas a day so he is in for a rough landing. I told him to taper taper taper. Not sure what he is going to do for his pain... he still has to walk with a cane.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. Rock- How are you doing? Past most of the crap?

Sweet- Good for you for getting outside and taking a walk... those so help. And good for you for staying away from the hippy lettuce. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Does anybody know what kind of PAWS to expect after sub? If there is any threads on this??

Post subject: PAWS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:38 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Ambr- Go to the second sticky on this area. It is labeled Acute and PAWS - the lowdown. Good info there.

Post subject: Day 22
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:48 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

WEll this is a great report. I slept for 8 hours both nights this weekend. No more ambien, just some benadryl, which I am taking anyway because the allergies are horrible here right now. I wake up clear headed and rested. I no longer have symptooms during the day and am weaning off the clonidine. I was only at .2-.3mg a day and am now down to .1mg. I am sure it is mroe placebo effect than anything else at this point. I have been working out 4-5 days a week at the gym and I think that has helped a lot. No desire for more pills. I am glad for the sub but wish I just used it for a week to 10 days for detox and not had to dela with the taper and all the associated crap. All that after only 11 weeks on it. Strong drug!

Post subject: Hmmm
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:14 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well I am on day 24 and have no symptoms during the day. I tried to sleep without xanax last night and I got about 2 hours then was up so I took .5mg and was out an hour later. Need to figure some way to ween off that and get normal chemical free sleep. Hope everyone is well and I think it is about time I started posting in the Rearview section. Thank you to everyone who has given such encouragement either through their stories or direct emails. It has made all the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:34 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Rockmayfield wrote:
Dub step? Do you like the disco biscuits, etc?

What other section? I thought all the cool kids are here?

I love Electronic for the record, started listening to drum and bass when I was in 8th grade in the 90s. Deep House, Ambient and Lounge have been good friends to me during my detox. Also, try listening to some binaural beats!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next