It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Day 8
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:48 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well I have done it. I think I am over the worst of it. My sleep still sucks but I got about 4 hours last night off and on. The RLS was not as bad so I hope I have turned the corner on that. RLS (arms and back) is fucking miserable. Had a good day at the movies and that kept my mind off and wd's I was having. I honestly did not feel bad at all. Funny thing too is that when I would go to the movies, I would usually take pills with me so I could zone out and "enjoy" the movie more, but I did not even think about that until I was heading home and realized normally I would be high at the movies.

Sweet- Hell yes!!! A cadbury chocolate bar with caramel hots the spot!!! Though honeslty it is not as bad as when I was on pills. As I get all opiate further behind me, my sweet tooth is less. A definite good thing!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

sweet16 wrote:
Damn I am hungry for some chocolate mini donuts..... Does anyone else crave sweets at night???

YES!!!!!! I crave them all day long, but especially at night!

As I am typing this I have just polished off two cherry pop tarts and a piece of chocolate cake....Good breakfast huh?
On the days I had no appetite I would sometimes be able to get down some ice cream or cake or candy bars...whatever was handy. I usually eat lots of good food to, veggies and fruit and stuff like that. But I definately have a sweet tooth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sweet, ever since I quit Suboxone, I eat a few frozen Reese's Peanut Butter cups before before bed, a handful of potato chips and I chase all that with a big ole swig of Coke. For some reason, that particular combination of extremely tasty and oh so healthy food helps me sleep!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:14 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Romeo- You are hitting the sweet and salty and fizzy trifecta!!! I will need to try that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I gots me some doritos, cups & soda pop right now!..(seriously considering it)
Naaah. I just bought some RAD looking blueberries..... Hope they kill the craving... HEY!!! YAy for craving sweets and not the other....
Tired today. Lazy too. Sore legs however been doing Bikram. Eating fish & rice + veggies for dinner. Really friggen lazy guys. Day 10. Hope it is as bad as it is gonna be...Which aint THAT BAD. Sleep is fiine (course w/ meds) Not depressed. Sneezing little bit. J u s t ........LAZY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

You guys are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Post subject: Craving the GOOD stuff!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You guys are making me hungry, and I don't have any Doritos!!!!!

I had my doctor visit this morning. My blood work showed no problems with my liver....woot woot! I was kinda worried about that. But he told me that my cholesterol was high. Gave me this paper that basically told me EVERYTHING I eat is bad for me! :roll:
Will someone tell me how in the flip I am supposed to gain weight AND be on a low cholesterol diet at the same time??????????

I know this doesn't really fit with the topic, but I really like talking to everyone that keeps posting on here...I feel like I kinda belong here. So I guess your stuck with me for awhile. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey qhorsegal, GNC carries products that help you put on weight, I don't know much about the cholesterol end of those products, but you could maybe do a quick google search and check it out.

NoMorePills, early on in my wd, I would only get 2 hours of sleep at a time too....highly annoying!! I learned that laying in bed fighting to go back to sleep is about the worst thing I could do. I finally learned to get my butt up and watch some TV or putz on the internet. After 10 or 15 minutes of that, I would grab a quick snack (eating releases dopamine---aka, natural opiates) and off to la la land I would go. You and Sweet16 are doing sensational. There might be a few more bumps in the road, but it pretty much gets better and better from here on out. Always remember to look back a week or so and remember where you were compared to where you are now. This simple task will accomplish 2 things, it'll let you know that you're improving (which is good for the mind) and it'll also reinforce that at another week out, you're gonna feel that much better than you do now, that's your hope shot. For me, having hope that I would get better is all that got me through my worst days.

Rock on you bunch of RockStars!!

PS---Sweet, you said you found some RAD looking blueberries....WTF??? Did you learn how to deep fry them or maybe they're covered in chocolate OR deep fried AND covered in chocolate....YUM!!!!!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I was under weight Qhorsegal, my doctor told me to drink a Carnation instant breakfast+Icecream smoothy EVERY morning...I don't do dairy, but it sounds Delish..Give it a shot sister, otherwise choco mini dognuts, baked taters, french toast or pancakes w/ pnutbutter and applesauce + syrup of course... Throw in some cheese enchiladas w/ guac+sourcream.. You get the picture...
Rome...Im trying to watch my girlish figure...(BUT I'm PMSing...Lol....gimme my donuts!)

Post subject: Day 8/10
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:23 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I am still not sleeping. I tried taking a Trazadone last night... they used to knock me right out... this time it kept me awake for all but one hour last night. I am still kind of wired from it which is good since I have a conference call in a couple hours for work. Still have chills but it is less every day. Last week was so much harder than now. I know the sleep will come, I just hate sleeping for an hour or two each night. Oh well, I will try Ambien tonight and hope I fair better with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

NoMore~A hot bath b4 bed always gets me... You are Rocking and rolling thru these days. Ya know I hear after day 10 its pretty smooth sailing...

I may have turned the corner. day 11 for me & so far I feel pretty close to normal. Day 11
I was on my 1/2 ass yesterday but I been smoking da ganja. im going to NOT do that today....
Hope NoMore can sleep w/ Ambien tonight!! Sleep will help everything. I'd say 1-2 more days and you will be rounding the bend....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:31 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Yay!! Just in time for the wekend!!! Even a few hours of sleep will be welcome and helpful. I tried everything last night. I totally romanced myself... good dinner, a movie, a hot bath, then a trazadone and bed... and no sleep. Sounds like a good date to me!!! lol Unfortunately all I wanted was that damned sleep!! Tonight for sure. Even if I have to call my old friend Jack in for help!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jack's at my house sitting on the counter staring at me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Taurus, pour Jack down the drain and he'll stop staring at you. You don't need him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:31 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I have never had a problem with booze which is why I think I may try it if all else fails. Not a huge difference in my mind between taking xanax or Trazodone or NyQuil and a couple shot o' Jack. Of course everyone is different and I know some people will turn to booze to alter their head space in the absence of pills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:07 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

The cause of and cure of all my problems.

Post subject: Day 10
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well I slept like the dead last night for about 5 hours. An Ambien before bed worked wonders. Slept 5 hours so deeply that I woke up not knowing where the hell I was. Was afraid that would be the end of sleep but then I got another 3 hours and laid in bed for 45 monutes until 5:45. I felt so wonderful after the last 10 days of total crap sleep. I still have a little bit of symptoms of wd but clonidine seems to help that during the day. Definitely feel a ton better than I did a week ago. And I know this time next week I will feel even better than I do now. Hoping that I only need the Ambien for a week at most and then I can get back to my usual sleep patterns.
Hope everyone is doing great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:52 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

This is great news! Sleep is what cures you. That elusive sleep. I'm on day 7. Out taper schedule seems pretty similar so there is hope for me yet!

Great job!

Post subject: WAY TO GO!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey sweet16 and no more pills,

I Am so proud of you guys. You finally did it!!!!!!!

Courtney :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks C`
I am feeling pretty good. I am at day 11 (i think) Only realy symptom I could really complain about is feeling lazy. (MMJ is not helping) Just feeling better andbetter every day....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next