It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:37 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Romeo wrote:
Hey sweet, you're doing really good, keep hanging in there!

NoMorePills, I wouldn't call .00625mg of Suboxone caving. To me, you can bend, but don't break while getting off of Suboxone. If you would have taken 8mg of Suboxone, that would probably be breaking. :D The RLS associated with opiate wd can be extremely disturbing. Have you tried exercising your legs before you lay down? It was the only thing that helped my RLS. In my case, the RLS from Suboxone wd was much shorter lived than RLS from full agonists. If I remember correctly, the RLS lasted a week or two. To the best of my knowledge, RLS is a "nervous system" issue, Clonidine, which calms the Sympathetic Nervous System, helped me tons during my wd. Give it a try if you can.

I called my old sub doc, that bitch, and she said that I was no longer her patient and she would not prescribe anything to me. Las tnight was the worst yet. And my Cable went down so I could not even watch tv. I took melatonin and sleepy time tea and took a walk before bed and hot bath. I slept for an hour last night. That makes it about 5 hours ofver the last 4 days. I lay in bed crying last night because I could not sleep and I was sooooo tired. I took a benadryl, xanax, and soma. All it did was make my head fuzzy, but no luck with the sleep. Watching the clock turn minute by minute for 6 hours was horrible. Finally at 4am I got up and took some of my liquid sub solution. I swished it around (no idea how much - maybe .05mg) for about 10 seconds then spit it out because I felt so bad about caving. Then I through it out this morning.
I called and made a plea to the ub doc and she said I could come in and start back in her lifetime maintenance plan and make a down payment of $300, plus a $50 piss test if I wanted a comfort med. My suspicions were corect and she is angry that I did not follow her protocol of staying on sub for at least a year. I am going to call my old PCP in CA and tell him the situation and see if he can call some clonidine in for me and maybe some trazadone so I can sleep. I feel like I may start a fight club somewhere in town...(hopefully some have seen or read Fight CLub to get that reference.) Sorry about the rambling but no sleep will do that.
The horrible person that is the sub doc's assistant also said that since I had been tapering for 2 months I obviously got a new sub doc and since they would not give me the comfort meds I had to have been thrown out. SHe would not believe that I have only used a grand total of 10.5 8mg pills over the last 11 weeks. Goes to show how little some sub docs know or trust their patients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No More Pills,

I'm so sorry you are having a hard time with sleep. When I have trouble sleeping when tapering I will get up and take a very hot bath to relax me. It is just enough to help me get to sleep. Also I take about 10mg of melatonin to help. If you can not get your doctor to give you clonidine maybe you can get it online.

Best wishes,
Courtney :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

NoMorePills - If you haven't already, try Unisom or the generic doxylamine succinate. Or you might even have some allergy med already...Benadryl, which is Dyphenhidramine HCl. It's an antihistamine, but it has a seditive effect. It is the other ingredient in Tylenol PM that puts you to sleep. I was taking Tylenol PM for a while, and then noticed that this is the only other active ingredient in it, so I just take this allergy med and it puts me to sleep. And usually when I wake up throughout the night, I go right back to sleep. Hope this helps.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh, and that sub dr is a piece of you know what. Obviously in it for the $ and not for your recovery. Doctors should be glad when patients take a lower dose than prescribed if that is all that's needed. Sounds like the dr would rather have you addicted to subs than use them as a tool to get your sobriety back. That is absolutely ridiculous. It's sad that there are doctors out there like that. Grrrrr!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:03 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Taurus - YEs she is. I called my pld primary carein CA and told him I had stopped taking the norcos he had been prescribing and was in WD's and could handle everything but the RLS. He immediately called in Clonidine for me. He is a good man. The Vegas doc is a POS. None of her patients after 6 YEARS are off Sub except me!! That tells you all you need to know right there. I have been taking nyquil as it has DXM and the Doxylamine. That helps a little but my RLS seems to be pretty severe and overrides everything else. Hopping on my bike to head to my CVS to get the CLonidine. I really really hope it works. I may be repeating myself, but I also threw out the rest of my sub so I don't slide back. I have 3.5 8mg pills left but now none of the liquid. I will not be tempted by the pills. Thanks for the good thoughts. This forum really is a life saver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YES!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject: Clonidine
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:55 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

My GOOD, CARING GP from CA gave me the script I so despertely needed. Should have called him i the first place. Anyway I took .1mg of Clonidine at about 8:30 and I slept like a baby. I am sure the melatonin helped as well. I know I can do this now. No slipping back with a drop or two of Sub. Just straight on through the wd's (which today are not bad at all) onto NO More Pills!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sneezed a several times yesterday & a few times today. Got a little worn out in the afternoon. Had a few hot/cold spells and an achy lower back. This morning woke up at 5am. Legs & lower back kinda sore. (had a liason lastnight maybe the culprit) All in all I feel pretty good. This is day 5 no subs.. I have not told anyone (other than my BFF in ALaska) that knows my situation that I stopped sub. I just do not want to bring any more attention to it than necessary. I do not want to make a big deal out of it, even though it IS a big deal all that I have put myself thru.
Would you believe that damned cousin has been texting me and calling every day for one reason or another. I have been ignoring her mostly and when I do reply it is a 1 or 2 word response. I am not going there. I just find it ironic that all of a sudden after months of next to no contact, magically she appears. A forum buddy told me that the devil would not be happy that I am off opiates. Whatever, I AM HAPPY.
OK SO, I have noticed a few things. My appetite IS increassing. WOnder if this has anything to do with no opiates? ANy body have an opinion? I am mid cycle too so maybe this could be in part the issue. I am not over weight, maybe even slightly under, but I do not want to have to buy a new wardrobe... AND beach season is here... I have noticed me sences are hightened. I have been amazed at the beauty of nature. Music is fabulous but I have always loved it. Libido is right back where I used to be.(1 year w/ hardly no desire.. can hardly believe it)
Well guess that is about all for the update. Nothing terrible to report. Mostly just mild stuff... Have a great day ya all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sweet16, you are cute! I like your new pic. You kinda look like me...hahah!! Your hair is a little longer than mine, but same color, and we have same body type. I think I am a little underweight too, but I have been 20 lbs heavier, so I am very glad to be where I'm at. Twenty pounds makes a big difference on a small frame.

The opiates, including sub, definitely curb my appetite! I used to eat like a cow and never really gained much weight until I was in my 30's. That was actually one of the things I loved about opiates at first. I could take a couple and not eat for hours and hours. Usually, before I did pills, I would have to snack all day long. But I do eat more on sub since it is taken sublingually and it doesn't matter if you have anything in your stomach...where with Norco I would always try to keep an empty stomach so I could feel the pills kick in faster...uugghhh.

I wish my libido would get back to normal. I looked at the DHEA supplements that you suggested, but haven't actually bought any yet. I am going to ask my doctor at my next appointment if there is anything she can prescribe for that. I doubt it though.

Glad you are doing good. It sounds like your wd symptoms are just going to be mild since you did that slow taper...what a relief for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you Taurus. I imagine you are a hotty. I used to be very underweight. I am 40 now. My metabolism has slowed down & my appetite increassed (mostly for sweets...) I think I am about right, although I wouldnt mind a little more junk in my trunk.. I am who I am though & I feel so good now.
Your body naturally produces DHEA. Opiates and age deplete the amount your body makes. Personally I would stay away from pharmaceuticals whenever possible. (which is likely what your doctor would perscribe for any concearns) For sure talk to your Doctor about DHEA. Maybe even go to health food store and inquire with their nutritional suppliment rep. I am certain the lack of opiates are a large part of why my Libido has returned. So far DHEA has not produced negative effects. I will give it 3 months to see weather I notice any positive effects. I do not want to take anything un necessarily.
Hope you get that libido back. Life is more beautiful when that is restored. (least for me)
Have a beautiful day

Post subject: Day three
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:58 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well it should be day 5 but the little drops I took I am counting as days I took sub so today is day three. Had a resltess night but did sleep for 4-5 hours. I had an issue with the water company turnign my water off when contracotrs were demoing a fire damamged house across the street and they never turned MY water back on. So I slept at a hotel which prolly accounted for the lack of sleep. Strange bed, Noises from guests in the hallways... Vegas never really sleeps.
Anyway, I am tired today but not really in WD's. No creepy crawlies or chils. Just tired. It is really windy here (it is every year before summer... 80 with 40 mph winds) which make riding my bike or walks miserable. I will figure something out.

Taurus - I always did the same thing. Pills in the morning and first meal around noon, then a small snack after taking pills at night then more pills to counteract the food! Since subs I have gotten this ridiculus sweet tooth. Now I really need the gym. Never in my life had a gut or love handles and now I do. But that is a small trade off for not being chained to my norco bottle.
And a little time in the gym will cure the love handle problem! Also, as you lower your sub dose more and more, you r libido will return. I had none for 2 years and it is back with a vengeance which helps me feel like my old self. More of your old self will come back every day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey sweet, at some point in time, I think soooner rather than later, you're gonna have to tell your cousin to stop calling you. All it's going to take is a momentary lapse of reason on your part during one of her phone calls or texts and you'll be in trouble, especially this early in your recovery. I know the prospect of telling a friend or cousin that they can't call you anymore is kinda scary or uncomfortable, but you really have to put your recovery first.

BTW, I hear y'all about the libido thing!! Getting off of Suboxone or lowering your dose alot does make a whale of a difference in your libido.

NoMorePills, you talked about hitting the gym.....exercising vigorously helped me TONS to feel better again, it's one of the best things I do for myself. For me, it helps my mind, body and spirit.....a trifecta!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey all, sweet16 and Taurus, I have the exact problem with weight! I have always been slim, about 5'7" and around 130lbs...but over the past year I have dropped down to 107!!!! I know it's the pills that did it...I would not eat sometimes all day for the same reason you mentioned, the pills kick in faster when you take them on an empty stomach. I have been trying to gain weight for months now and have gotten back to about 113 but it is going really slowly. It sucks because I feel like I look bad...everyone that sees me says something about me being too skinny. I will be so happy if I start picking up some more pounds when I get regulated on the subs. I love being able to talk to other young women on here that are going through the same things...kindred spirits I guess! Sweet16, you look great! Keep it up....maybe one day I'll be back with ya...Looking at your pic and hearing Ladder talk about her new girls makes me want to go get some done too!!!!! I could totally justify it by adding up what I've been spending on pills, if I don't do that anymore maybe I can have some next summer!!!!!

Post subject: Day 4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:57 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Sweet 16 says it is really day 6 for me as we jumped at the same time but those .0125 or smaller drops I swished in my mouth to try to sleep still makes me feel like it is day 4. Energy is lo but I had a restless night and only got about 4-5 hours of sleep. Going for a walk tonight and hoping that will help.
qhorsegal- I actually had the opposite and for some reason had a real sweet tooth on pills. Working on losing the extra 10 pounds I put on in the last year. Injuries have not helped. For my $.02 do not stress about your weight. It will even out and naturally reach where you are supposed to be. My last girlfriend was 5'8 and weighed 115lbs and was drop dead gorgeous. And she ate more than me! Some people are just naturally slender. AS long as you are eating healthy (I have found that helps in all aspects of wd's and getting energy back) don't worry about your weight or what other people say. Water off a duck's back has always been my motto.

I am going for a walk tonight as the wind has finally died down and then grilling some chicken and asparagus. The grill king is back!!

Romeo - I am hoping for a good night's sleep tonight so I can atually go lift tomorrow. Walks are nice but I really feel better after having lifted. I guess you expend more energy and you can really feel that good pain afterwards more so than walking. Thanks for the advice and everyone's continued support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

qhorsegal, I was always teased for being too skinny. Those girls had boobs and butts. Now some of them are cows and I am lookin good. But NoMore is right, eat healthy and your body will settle into the perfect size for you. Thank you for including me in the "younger girls club" Lol. I feel still young.
NoMorePills, You are doing so good. Can I come over for Grilled Chicken & Asperagus? OMG! I just got out of yoga and I am starving. I had to go get my kid (he's almost 20) that got into ANOTHER fight with his roomates....AAHHHH The joys of parenting. I mean what can I say? It was a party till I turned 39 1/2. Anyway that grilled stuff sounds so friggen yummy. I am vegetarian and I am baking a sweet potatoe... :? But I am making the kid(just found out, MY DRUNK KID) Chicken strips & Tater Tots. LOL..
Yes Rome, told the cousin to buzz off. I am steering clear of her. One thing I DO want to mention and something I learned (FINALLY) Is to NOT get bored. I must keep myself busy so I do not have time to get into trouble. Its like being a kid only I AM the parent. Keep them busy and they wont have time to get into trouble.. That is the same concept I am doing with my self. I went to youga tonight, I have a cocktail party w/ the girls tomorrow, Volleyball on Sat. morning, and a potential date to Bennihanas on sat night, (not sure I want to go tho. Not that into him..LOL) And Yoga on sunday. SEE Romeo, I got a schedule even. Thanks for lookin out man. You are good at saying it like it is. I appreciate that.
Now I need to convince my 20 year old to go into the millitary or get into college. .....................JOY
Anyways guys, I am doing good today. I DO have symptoms. VERY mild still. I was not at the top of my game in yoga tonight. I was off balance and my skin had strange sensations, but nothing horrible. I have sneezed a few times. I have been still a llittle lazy, but NOTHING like when tapering. Slightly achy lower back and my heals still hurt??? Other than that tomorrow will be ONE WEEK off subs.
Hope LT is healing well.
NoMore when is dinner. Lol
Night ya all.

Post subject: Day 5
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:42 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Ahh, another day another night with an hour of sleep. Going to need naps today. I read that the dosage for opiate wd's is .5 to 1.4mg per day. I have been taking .2mg. That could be my issue. Think I will try taking more at night to keep my legs and arms still.
That being said my chicken was great!!! lol. I am just happy today is Friday. Going to the gym and happy hour and then hot tub and hope all that helps me sleep tonight. I still have 4 .5mg xanax so that should get me through the worst of this. 2 weeks is supposed to be the hard part. It is funny, the days are not bad at all. It is only at night that my body gets restless. Oh well, just gotta keep a good attitude and push through this crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

1 week today no sub. Feeling pretty good. I have really set myself up to have an easy transition. Still having some symptoms but nothing cry over. Lastnight I did notice some body sensations in yoga (bikrams/hot yoga). What people describe as the "begining of the flu" Again these are not horrible. I am feeling them today as well. I noticed it more when I got into my hot vehicle. It felt like my body was chilled or at least colder than the truck. Anyway I am more tired today than I have been in the past few days, but I am not stressing. My body is trying to adjust and I am allowing it to go thru whatever it needs. I am being pretty easy on myslef. When I get a burst of energy I utilize it and when I am less energetic, I honor that. My back is still slightly achy, I have sneezed 3 times today, (the fun stuff)That is about it I guess, until next time, Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Post subject: Day 7/9
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:13 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well my sleep is still not great, but with lonidine, nyquil and xanax I have manages about 5 hours last night. I take small amounts and I feel fine and not groggy now.
I am sure that I did not relaly get any benefit from the little amounts I took in the middle of the night the first 2 days I was off. Kept it in my mouth 1-2 minutes and spit it out. I figure my receptors are sub free now. Though I had a dream last night about shooting Heroin, which I have never done in my life. I have never actually even seen heroin. Weird.
My energy is pretty low, though this morning I feel pretty good. Think I will take advantage of that and go for a bike ride this morning. I wish the stupid spring wind would stop here. Makes it miserable. And allergies kick up. During the day yesterday I had some chills and some aches, but a hot bath took care of that. Sleep is the hard part. I fall asleep quickly for an hour or 2 and then I am up. I toss and turn and get spurts of sleep for an hour here and there. Better than it has been though so I am hopeful that it will continue to get better. I jumped of after 3 days at .0375 after having been at .05 for almost a week which is how long I was taking to adjust (more or less). This has been a pretty soft landing, and I just think of how I felt after one day off norcos and how awful that was and I feel better. lol. It amazes me how our brains can get used to feeling like crap as I have felt like I hae had the flu for hte last 2 months since I started cutting quickly. Hopefully it will be over soon. Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sweet16 wrote:
1 week today no sub. Feeling pretty good. I have really set myself up to have an easy transition. Still having some symptoms but nothing cry over. Lastnight I did notice some body sensations in yoga (bikrams/hot yoga). What people describe as the "begining of the flu" Again these are not horrible. I am feeling them today as well. I noticed it more when I got into my hot vehicle. It felt like my body was chilled or at least colder than the truck. Anyway I am more tired today than I have been in the past few days, but I am not stressing. My body is trying to adjust and I am allowing it to go thru whatever it needs. I am being pretty easy on myslef. When I get a burst of energy I utilize it and when I am less energetic, I honor that. My back is still slightly achy, I have sneezed 3 times today, (the fun stuff)That is about it I guess, until next time, Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Holy crapola!! You did it! You did it! You are done. Congratulations! BUT, can I just say that I knew you could do it!!!! Lol.

Don't ever go backwards, sista. That cousin of yours makes me nervous. Just keep it in check. This was hard won!!! And you ROCK!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Damn I am hungry for some chocolate mini donuts..... Does anyone else crave sweets at night???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next