It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Bboy42287 wrote:
I just first want to say I'm glad you found something that worked for you.

The only reason I'm going to share this with you is bc you mention you were interested in long term use. I was on suboxone for four years and they were the worst four years of my life. Each year the side effects got even worst and the one I'm scared to tell you about which was also my worst and it is becoming more and more common with long term sub users. You will start to lose touch with your emotions and more so become numb and start going through the motions of your everyday life. This doesn't happen to everyone but it's becoming common reoccurrence of late. Also there are NO studies on what long term side effects suboxone could have on the body physically and mentally.

You are such a damn liar its not even funny, Ive read your old posts hailing suboxone as a miracle only to then bash it and claim methadone is the best thing on this earth (of course you like methadone more than subs, youre high on opiates everyday so what addict wouldnt like methadone). Well Im just gonna say like I did in the other thread that you were spewing your anti sub BS that I was on methadone 10 years ago for close to 3 years and aside from the first month of the honeymoon phase where i got high once my dose was raised enough the rest of the time I was on it was "the worst 7 years of my life". So you see the OP makes a post about how happy they are and positive that something is helping them and the first thing you do is to try and make them feel like "oh you feel ok now but in a while you will feel terrible and your life will suck". GTFO with that, why are you even on the forum anymore? Yes theres a methadone section (which never gets used because every honest addict knows that methadone is a joke in terms of trying to get sober and the ones who want to succeed choose buprenorphine because getting high from their dose isn't their priority like it is for you). So keep posting your anti sub rhetoric and I'll make sure to point it out and correct all your false BS claims so other new posters don't get the wrong idea.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the support Bupresion (sorry if I got your name wrong).

I'm not even going to address the anti-sub poster. Going on Suboxone was not an easy decision for me to make AT ALL. I thought long and hard about it. Almost a year in fact and I was 8 full months off all prescription meds before making my decision to take ONE mg per day.

I don't think I need to go over again that pre-Sub I was SUICIDAL. I literally woke up every day for 8 months wanting to put a gun to my head. I am 99% sure if i did not have children I would not be here today. I have tried other antidepressants over the past ten years (long before I ever touched an opiate) with little to no success. I've had the same GP for 20 years and he's watched my downslide. We decided together, with much reluctance on his part, to try Suboxone. He's thrilled with my results and especially with my decision to drop from the prescribed 2mg to 1mg. My case caused him to really study endorphin deficiency, Suboxone and other treatments and types of depression.

If I begin having any type of problems with it I will come on here and say so. I've been completely honest on this forum about my story. I wrote this post in case anyone else sees themselves in my situation, and I admit I wrote it for myself as well as a kind of diary so I can go back and reread it from time to time.

I'm very happy with my decision. No one can take that away from me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Geo thanks for the update and glad to here your life is on the rise! Good for you and your family..congrats and keep on keepn on......

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone! I was just sitting here thinking how good I feel and decided I should update, especially as I myself really dislike when posters just never return. Leaving you wondering "Whatever happened to them?" 

Omg I cannot believe I started this LAST APRIL! That's nine months ago! 

I wanted to report a few things, just in case there are any others in my shoes going through the same thing. So everything was going along fine until I'd say oh about four months ago. I began sweating all night and waking up sick - you know the one - the way you feel only during withdrawal. I couldn't understand what or why this was happening! Nothing had changed, except I HAD started drinking some alcohol. Anyway the sickness lasted for days. Same as withdrawal feels. I decided perhaps I should try upping my dose so I went to my Dr and we talked and decide to try going up to 4 mgs a day from my normal 2mgs every morning. No drinking. 

At first things were ok. For about a week. I was definitely better. Then, same thing! I began feeling WORSE. Worse than before. That terrible morning sickness .....and sweating now on and off continually all day long as well as night. I was miserable. didn't know what to do but I decided to drop back down to the 2mgs and def no alcohol.

Lo and behold things went back to feeling great. And then about a month ago I woke up with that "withdrawal feeling sickness" AGAIN. I wasn't ready to quit Subs and I sure wasn't going to up my dose and about two days of feeling this way it just magically disappeared again. I've been feeling great since. 

I'm still taking 2 mgs every morning and it's been nine months and I feel wonderful. I started cooking ( for the first time in my life) and just generally feel happy and motivated.  

But I do wonder if others have gone through the same experience?  I googled wildly (of course) and did come up with a few other stories about people who have had this same thing happen.

At least now I know to just wait it out. Obviously if it goes on for weeks I'll have to do something but for right now thats my plan.  

Overall still VERY HAPPY with my decision to do long term suboxone maintenance for my crippling depression.  

Thanks for listening!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:47 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well hey there geo...glad to hear you are doing so well. It is great when people come back for an update.. Glad life is good!. And your right, sub can work for other things...best of luck to you. Razor..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good luck to you. I know you can do it :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:00 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hey Ggeo, I also have been on 2mgs of Suboxone for over 2yrs now .... Used to drink a little with it but now even 1 sip of anything with alcohol in it makes me feel bad ... Used to enjoy a cigarette now and then , or dip a little , now even 1puff on anything that smokes makes me feel bad ... About a yr ago I started having real bad occipital headaches , (got addicted to tramadol after taking it for 4 yrs prior to C6-C7 spinal fusion ) anyway took 1 Vicodin ( was scripted) and felt that same real bad feeling , I believe Suboxone is so fucking locked on to my receptors that no other type or kind of endorphins can connect ..... I'm fine with it , if I were to cut back on my Suboxone even a little , depression would bring me to my knees, can't live or want to live feeling down , to bad this is on page 5 of this post, Mike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

What a great story. It is glad to hear someone have some great things to say. I hope to use you as some encouragement.