It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:01 pm 

I had very sore joints in my legs and hips when I was on 16mg. That was the only bad side effect I had so I just dealt with it. When I started tapering and got down to 6mg/day it stopped. So I definitely think that there is a correlation between suboxone and stiff joints. To me, the benefits of sub definitely outweighed the joint pain, so I was OK with the side effect.

Amy

Post subject: cutting pills
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just a follow up regarding cutting the pills. In my opinion you are looking for close, .8 one dose, 1.2 the next should not make any difference. If you know you will be taking 1 mg in the future could you get the films? They are easy to cut.

Pax

Post subject: oh my, half post
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Also, is your doctor a 'sub' doctor or is he using suboxone off label and writing 'for pain' or 'for depression' on the Rx and using their regular DEA? (this is legal, just an off label use). There have been some small studies in Europe that support his thinking. Please do a regular bi or monthly update, many here will want to follow your progress.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Just checking in
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone, just checking in to say hi.

Things are good. The pros for me using Suboxone for depression are still outweighing the two side effects. I hate how sweaty I get in the afternoon and will occasionally take a Clonidine which works really well at cooling me off. I still have terrible aches and pains and stiffness in the morning. The real reason this side effect bothers me is because it's reminiscent of my "using days". That's why I hate it so much. I had this same side effect while on Oxycodone and it made me feel like a junky. I wonder if I could alleviate this side effect if I took my Subs in the afternoon or evening? It's not the pain that bothers me, it's that it just reminds me so much of that dark time on Oxycodone. I don't like being reminded of that period in my life, but nothing comes for free right? So this is just a part of taking Suboxone. There's always a trade off.

Docm, my Dr is not a Sub doctor, he's just a GP who's known me long enough to agree that Suboxone was the only thing that was going to pull me out of my depression. I'm lucky to have him.

Painter, I'm interested in hearing more about your story. You've been on Subs for four years? Do you have a thread I can read? I'm curious about....well about everything! Side effects? Tolerance etc. any information would be appreciated!

Thanks again to everyone reading and posting. I really appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If it helps your depression that's great.

Are you an addict? Or. Do you think you're an addict?

All I mean is... If you are just taking suboxone for your depression... You are making a horrible mistake.

Just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Read her entire tbread MM... I think this person is fortunate seeing how life had been for her. All meds have side effects. Good luck G...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey GG,

I wonder if splitting your dose would help that achy feeling? I know you tried it before but I can't remember if you said it helped or not. I have the same problem since dropping so low, never felt it when I was on the higher doses because I was above the ceiling. Since I started split dosing my mornings are so much better...I've only been doing it since Friday. There are other issues I have had since splitting but I think for you, since you aren't really taking it for addiction it would work well.

@MM, I understand why you are concerned for her. I was concerned too when I first read her story...but I think in her case she was so desperately depressed she was willing to try ANYTHING to get a semblance of normalcy. She went into this completely aware of the risks and it seems to be working well for her. I agree it is risky, but I am grateful that she was given the opportunity to try it. If I was in her shoes I would be terribly upset if there were a drug out there that might make me better and I was denied it because of the risks of becoming dependent. I applaud her doctor for being willing to try something unconventional for the good of his patient. I agree, this should not be a first line treatment option. But if you read her story I think you will agree that in this case it was a good decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can totally relate to taking Suboxone to help with depression. That is one of the main reasons why I decided to go back to Suboxone after being off of it for 1-1/2 years. The depression was too much. Since, I am an addict who suffers with depression, it helped when I took it with my anti-depressant medication. Just taking my Lexapro by itself didn't make my depression go away until I combined it with Suboxone. I feel like the suboxone in someway amplifies the Lexapro and makes it work better. and it gets me away from opiates.

The aches in the back and hips are pretty common. I used to get those too at the beginning. but..I no longer have that issue anymore. It just went away. Yoga and stretching helped me. The aches seemed to happen because I was so tense on Suboxone and my muscles would tense up at the beginning. But Yoga helped since it would stretch me out.

Hope that Suboxone will continue to help with your depression.!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh and Ggeo,to answer your question, I plan on being on suboxone forever...just saying. It has been a great medication

Post subject: Hi everyone
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just a check-in post.

Movie Makers post really scared me I must admit. I appreciate the response but I guess I really don't want the negativity. Yes, I was an addict but had 8 months clean before going on Subs. My life was just not worth living because of the crushing depression. It wasn't an easy decision but I still don't regret it.

I have however, cut down from 2mgs a day to 1mg every morning and I must say I feel much better! The morning a achiness and yucky feeling has subsided a LOT and I just overall feel better! I can't explain it but I was just feeling....I don't know..still kinda like I felt on Oxy. Not high by any means but the side effects were similar and mentally it was bothering me.

So, yes, still happy with my decision to go on Suboxone for depression. It WORKS. And being on only 1mg just makes me feel better physically and emotionally. I know this is an incredibly strong drug but it makes me feel good that I'm on just about the lowest dose possible and it's doing it's job. Who knows? Maybe I will get to a point where I can take .5?

Thank you everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didn't know you had used for a time before. I didn't read ahead like I should of.

I thought you just took it for depression only.

Just remember that you are taking a very powerful opiate. Not a sugar pill.

But.

I was very depressed and unmotivated until I started testosterone Replacement. Opiates destroy testosterone levels.

Just a thought.

If suboxone works, more power to you. I just jumped the gun a little the last time thanks to this phone app.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey MM1,

If you bothered to read this entire thread before posting you would have seen that Ggeo does know that Suboxone is a powerful med and if you read her very first post, I think it's pretty clear that she's a she, not a he, so I don't think you mentioning your testosterone problem is gonna help her much. Heck, in her very last post she mentions how Suboxone is an incredibly powerful drug. Did you not even read her last post?

I think you need a new app for your phone, one that lets you read an entire thread instead of just parts of it or at least one that forces you to read more carefully. :wink:

Ggeo, thanks for the update and I'm glad you're doing well on Suboxone.

Post subject: Hi everyone
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo thanks for posting and sticking up for me!! However I do appreciate MM's interest and concern regarding my use of the drug.

I do think even some women take testosterone in some instances. However because I had a gynecological cancer I'm not allowed to take any sort of hormone replacement therapy at all. I'm making note of this because all three of my physicians agree that going through a hysterectomy (and then being immediately thrown into chemotherapy, the radiation) can cause massive depression. Since I'd already been depressed before the cancer I really didn't see it ever going away.

Anyway, still just taking my 1mg a day and doing really well!

Thanks Romeo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I thought I made it clear that the phone app shows one new post. I posted based on that only. I even said I jumped the gun and shouldve read more posts. My bad. Sheesh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm glad your healthy its a beutifulthing......cancer is....I don't even have words for it.....it's a battle.....please consider droping your dose or reconsidering suboxone I think when people feel this good and are this um...medicated..? than they should realy consider dropping your dose........I'm sure this will upset people but when your getting this much of a high from sub your typically on way to much or your tolerance level might not merit suboxone use.....it is a hell of a feeling to feel stable again and I'm happy for you just be aware that this is a drug induced state that your in, some people forget that it's drug induced because the drug is so steady in your system and it can realy be confusing and deceptive you don't realize how medicated you are after a wile , act accordingly you know??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

@Semperfi...

Was this post meant for GG? I am kind of confused because I don't know where you got that she was feeling overly medicated or "high" in any way. I understand your concerns, I really do. And I know that you have been burned by suboxone treatment and an irresponsible doctor. But I really think GG went into this knowing full well what all the risks are. And a couple of us even warned her what she was getting into when she first started this post. She understands the risks, and she chose to go forward anyway because her quality of life was such that she felt the benefits outweighed the risks. Yes, it is a drug induced state...but so what???? I would much rather live in a drug induced happiness than wake up in misery every day and not be able to live my life... KWIM? I'm not saying you went overboard here, your concern for her comes through. It's just that there have been several posts like this on here and she clearly said she didn't want the negativity a couple posts ago. Come on guys, your beating a dead horse here. She is an adult, and she made an informed decision. Let's just try to support her here and keep our own issues in check...at least on this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think Semperfi is referring to the post that she said she felt " speedy" right after she dosed and a little "jittery" after she took 2mg and she was asking if we all think she should half her dose.

Anyways...I think Suboxone def. helped with my depression. I am not going to say I am going to drop my anti-depressant, but I feel so much better taking Suboxone with my anti-depressant.

I do think it is important for people like myself who suffer with depression or mental illness, need to treat their illness alongside with treating their addiction. They are separate but I do think one med helps alongside with the other medicine.

I so glad that Suboxone has helped you with your depression and gives you more energy to be there for your kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I got my opinion about how "medicated" she is by all the raving she has done about how good she feels. She couldn't even get it all in one ...ore two.....or even three posts....., it's pretty clear to me she is way over medicated.....suboxone is no joke it's an extremely powerful and addictive substance and I have a feeling actualy I'm positive that this particular person, not everybody, but this particular individual is gunna regret going on suboxone in a few years when the high wears off and she addicted to a substance that has tremendous side effects that is no longer giving her that 24/7 high......sorry if we see things differently but to me feeling good at the moment is not more important than the rest of the woman's life........if you wanna tell her I'm wrong that's fine with me, but reading the "OMG I feel great and everything is perfect" attitude that alot of people have when they first start sub is bad news, it usually means that person has no buisness using such a Strong Opiat or they are on WAY to much and considering her low dose and her current mood it's just not good........people really need to think about the future.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

To make suggestions.....Surely there are there are some things, natural things, that you have not tried? Amino acid therapy is life changing(amino acid thearapy is ignored just like anything else that won't benefit big pharma) Getting involved in your community ? Moving to a new environment? Getting a personal trainer and doing an extensive diet and exercise program, making new friends....i could go on all day....There are so many things that you should try try and try some more to relieve depression without resorting to such of a beast of a drug....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dude,

I know you are trying to help. My point is that she has heard all this and has made her decision. She is coming here for support and I would hate to see her run off because of people that won't quit giving her such negativity every time she posts. You have made your concerns known...now let it rest. It's her decision, it's not your job to save the world by telling everyone who starts suboxone that they are going to regret it when it bites them in the ass. There are alot of people who have been helped and have been able to turn their lives around because of this medication.

Now, I've said what I want to say and I won't bring it up again. Maybe you should do the same.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next