It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I took 10 mg of mdone yesterday at 5 pm, at 7am this morning i took 5 more mg, at 2 pm today i took 5 more mg, I now have my usual 8/2 sub filled and am ready to take it again. Since I haven't taken mdone on a regular basis or in high doses is it safe to start now? I only take a third of an 8/2 film at a time. I've hear you get really sick but only if you've been on mdone for a very long time or of its over 30 mg at a time.

Post subject: What I would do
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If you want to be absolutely sure you've waited long enough, wait for signs of withdrawal. Then take 2 mg and wait an hour. If all is good after that hour, you could take 2 mg more if you felt it was necessary.

I am not a doctor just a long term sub patient, so please do not interpret my comments as medical advice. It is what I would do, that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You might just be better off going with what Jimmy recommended. If it were a SHORT-acting full agonist, I'd say something different, but methadone is a whole other horse of a different color. It has a very long half-life and if you take it too soon, you'll get sicker than shit (precipitated withdrawals)! So I'm with Jimmy. If it were me - to be on the safe side - I, too, would wait to go into withdrawals before I took any suboxone (do a regular induction).

Good luck to you. Let us know how you are.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:00 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok so on the methadone site it says the half life for ppl taking one does is 12-18 hours. 24-36 for daily users. I waited until this morning, so it's been 24 hrs since my first 5 mg. it's been 17 hours since the second 5mg so I just took a tiny piece of my sub caz I'm sneezing, I NEVER sneeze unless I'm wd. It also says if you are bigger the mdone stores in fat cells, im about 5'8 and 110 pounds. So Im hoping I will not get sick . I wanted to take it last night rather than right before work in case I do, but I just took it and off to work I go. Hopefully I won't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the update, Alr480. Good luck - I hope it works out and you can get back on sub successfully w/o any problems.

Wanna talk about what happened that got you into this situation to begin with? Chances are we've been there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm not sick, my legs are hurting so I don't know if its from the mixture or that Im really wd ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Alr480, it's been several hours now; how are you feeling? Did you manage to avoid precipitated withdrawals?

Post subject: Alr480
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You should not be taking Methadone & Suboxone together. Not only will you have no subjective effects or a "high", the receptors in your brain are already occupied by- even as little as 4mg of Suboxone - and will vie for the opioid receptors in your brain but fall short because of buprenorphine's extremely high-binding affinity for the mu-opioid-receptors.

You're taking your therapy for granted and making a mockery of Suboxone treatment. This is foolish and I frown upon it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hesitate to speak for someone else, but I got the impression from the OP that s/he may have ran out of sub and took something in the interim to stay out of withdrawals. Once the OP got their sub back, obviously s/he went immediately back on suboxone. No, not the perfect situation or solution to a problem, but certainly not unheard of and berating someone who's having difficulty in their remission certainly doesn't help to do better. At least that's my position.

Besides, we're both assuming what happened here to cause Alr to take methadone. You're just assuming the worst and I'm assuming the best. Maybe we could come right out and ask Alr what happened to cause this situation?

Alr - how are you doing and do you want to talk about this so perhaps we can brainstorm with you to keep it from happening again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

True.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Its true addicts really are the most judgemental people.