It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:39 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi there, this is my first post after desperately searching the internet for answers. I've been a heroin addict for over 10 years and on and off suboxone user for abouut 8 of those. I got clean off suboxone last year but within 2 weeks was back on the heroin. I am a daily iv user of heroin. I tried to start taking suboxone again but within at th eleast 20 mins and at the most 1hr i get scared of withdrawals precipitated from the suboxone and shoot up some heroin. I would like to know if the suboxone is taking any kind of effect at all in these few minutes. I am in a terrible cycle rright now of taking suboxone about 2-4mg every morning then freaking out i'll go into withdrawels then shooting up about a 1/4 gram on and off the whole day. Waake up the next morning take a sml amount of suboxone, freak out aobut withdrawel then shoot up heroin again. If i wake up tomorrow and take suboxone and not shoot up heroin, will there be sufficient enough suboxone in my system to handle not having pre withdrawels or will i go into withdrawels, i don't know if the suboxone from the previous days is in my system. I am spending ridiculous amounts of money on both subs and heroin and just cant'do this anymore. Please please help me with any info

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would suggest finding a doctor to legitimately help you into induction. The rollercoaster you're putting your body through is quite dangerous...

(I'm trying to be subtle here...my signature should explain why...I despise heroin and it's grip on people)..

Here's the thing...we all have to go through this "hell" of withdrawals.. It's the price we all have had to pay for what we've done. There's no 'easy way out'...
because of the things we've done to ourselves, induction to suboxone requires a period of clean, usually about 24-48 hours with no opiates ...before the first dose of suboxone.
You don't get to peacefully induce, you have to be ready to stop the cycle of addiction that you've brought on yourself.

Personally I never did heroin, but I faced the same withdrawals...the oxys that I was doing were just a legal form of that shit. And I remember the hell...it was pure hell.
But, it only lasted a little while.
Compared to how long I was abusing opiates (around 9 years, with 4 of those 9 years on hard opiates like oxy)...
2 days of dealing with the hell....compared to the years of selling off everything of value, ruining my family, ruining my credit, ruining my life...
It was a mere 2 days. And I was ready. I don't know if you sound like your ready. It sounds to me like if you had enough money you would choose to continue your heroin addiction versus cleaning up your life...because people who are tired and done with the vicious cycle...no amount of money or ability to continue using make them choose their addiction over getting clean.

Once you reach that point where you're tired...you're ready for something truly life-changing...that's when Suboxone and induction to it are worth the withdrawals. If you're not to that point, then you're just playing a game with yourself, and it's a very dangerous one to be playing.

My brother was a beautiful person...And I miss him dearly. I never knew the inner struggle he was facing ...and still wish I could've just been there to talk to him in his last few minutes...

You have to be prepared to face this head-on, with the attitude that you've had ENOUGH...and you aren't going to do it anymore. Only when you reach that point can you truly say that you're ready.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:21 pm 

Jonathan that's a spot on response and I couldn't have put that into better words! I agree 100%!

Jacob I'm not sure ur ready either. If this cycle has been going on for 8 yrs (suboxone & heroin) then it's time to stop the circle. If there's been a time that you've waited an hour after ur suboxone dose and u weren't experiencing pw yet, why didn't u just wait and think that ur in the clear? Even 20 minutes, if I wasn't sick in that amount of time, I'd have assumed it was ok to wait it out and see. U having heroin on hand along with ur suboxone is a huge indicator that ur not ready to give it up completely. It's like ur still hanging onto the heroin. That's what u have to change. And u have to get a doctor. These are two very important things u have to do. With the amount of money ur spending, u could be in treatment. And happy.

If I can do it anyone can do it. I used to IV, snort, smoke it..... not heroin but oxycodone and morphine. And I waited 32 hrs before my induction and it went pretty amazingly. I think I could even started my induction at 24 hrs. We all have to go through this, some worse than others, but once it's done it's done. U have to get rid of the heroin. Having that in ur house is an immediate failure! U will not succeed as long as u have H waiting on the side.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would def recommend going thru the proper channels and doing the sub induction thru a doctor's office. It is legal that way and they will be able to really help you so you can avoid any PWs .

Instead of doing the heroin right after the suboxone, I would suggest taking another 1/2 of the subocone. I think you said you take 2mg-4mg first thing in the morning. So when you "freak" out just take another piece of suboxone and ditch the heroin.

Try to see if you can go one day with only on subs. and then try the next day. One day at a time. right?

Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great responses and a very sobering reminder of how horrible this can be- not just for the people using, but for those they leave behind.

I would think that after taking 2-4 mg every day, for several days, you are 'on' buprenorphine. it depends on how efficiently you dosed-- i.e. did you keep it in your mouth for at least 5 minutes, etc. The things you have been doing all make withdrawal MORE likely, not less. Buprenorphine takes an hour or two to get absorbed, so those quick moves toward heroin set you up for precipitated withdrawal if anything. But if buprenorphine in any significant amount is bound to your mu receptors, then PW is not likely to occur.

As has been noted, the misery of PW is not as bad as what you are going through-- and certainly not as dangerous. I'm always surprised when young people haven't heard the sayings that were repeated over and over when I was young- but the one for here is 'a coward dies a thousand deaths, but a brave man dies but one'. Not sure where it came from-- but this is the time for a bit of bravery and a bit of faith, with a small 'f' and also with a large 'F'.

If, by some chance, you do get PW, remember that it never lasts long. By the next day you will be feeling almost 100% better. And again, I don't think you're even going to have it-- but I would recommend avoiding all opioids for a good 12 hours, and THEN take a solid dose of buprenorphine to be sure.

And yes-- find a doctor! Many people scrape by on 'street bupe' for days here or there, but that is not 'treatment'. You can actually leave all this mess behind you-- which is an amazing thing that would not have been near as possible 15 years ago. Get on with life-- with a GOOD life!