It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]
I know it's been over a month this was discussed but I wanted to jump in on the headache issue. I've had the same experience with that. I've had to take Excedrin and the Suboxone and then it passes. I find it's not as bad or either I'm catching it right away with the Excedrin. I've only been on Suboxone for 9 days.
The headaches are horrendus. I've seen where alot of peoople have talked about constipation and I've had just the oppisite. My body has always done the oppisite when it comes to some meds.
I hope I didn't just jinx myself...LOL

Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So you have headaches UNTIL you take the suboxone and excedrin and THEN it passes? Or does the headache happen AFTER you take the suboxone? For some people the headaches are thought to be from the naloxone in the suboxone and they can happen after taking the suboxone. For those people after taking their sub they spit instead of swallowing and that seems to stop the headaches. But if your headaches happen BEFORE taking sub and are helped by the suboxone and the excedrin, then I'm not sure if they could be related to the sub or not. It could be that it's just the excedrin that's helping and the suboxone is just coincidental.

As for not having constipation and getting the opposite, I guess everyone is different.

Also it's important to consider that you've only been on suboxone for 9 days. Both issues may very well resolve themselves once you are stabilized on suboxone. Give it a bit of time.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.