It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:59 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have to go to jail and I started taking subs for two days if I take triple dose will it stay with me for extra time to get through withdrawl while in jail?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have heard of some forum members whos doctors had a very awkward taper plan for them and while they didnt come out with no withdrawals at all, I believe they said it was alot less withdrawals then just jumping. Hopefully someone will come along and offer better advice soon. Anyway..to the point.. Ive read some posts about doctors recommending lowering your dose as much as possible then taking an upwards of 32mg or more for a few days then jumping off.. Im guessing the point would be that with the stacking effect it would take longer for all the Sub you just put in your body to go out with the half life being 37hrs or so that it would be basically like a gradual taper.. Im sure you would still suffer some type of withdrawal but it wouldnt be as bad as just jumping. I hope someone comes along to explain this a little better to you if they can.. or maybe you can find the threads where people have done this. I do wish you luck though, I know its gotta be a scary situation youre in thinking about the withdrawal and all. You can do it though and just remember that you only gotta go through this once and if you keep with your recovery it will be the last time.

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How long til you go in? And what was your drug-of-choice?

If you can make it 4 days without your agonist before you go in, I would just take enough Sub to relieve your withdrawal symptoms. By the time your inside you'd only have days 5-7 of your detox remaining which, at least for a heroin addict, are on the home stretch.

I'm unsure if stacking your Sub before you go in would be a good thing. There's a lot of theory about the ceiling effect, and the half-life increasing with the higher dosing. If you stack your sub, you'll be relieved of your agonist withdrawal for longer but it might not be necessary if you're going in a few days after your last agonist dose. The Sub detoxes I've done were all 7 days, and they were really effective. By day 5 I was on like... 1mg of Sub anyway?