It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Take or Dont Take?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone,
I didn't start this thread for you all to go at each other like this. I care about you all and if I knew it would turn into an argument of who is better off than the other I wouldn't have posted, but I guess it might have happened on another thread. So night #3 now with no drugs other than a little cough medicine so I don't wake up coughing all night long... If any of you care. I still don't have any desire to go back to taking any opiates to sleep. Still have some "anxiety" that seems to amplify just before I try to sleep but its slowly fading. Will keep everyone posted on my status, but I hope it keeps improving. You each have wonderful points that have helped me in their own way throughout this process. I truly don't know what I would have done without any of you. Through all the arguing it was for the best of reasons... to help someone in their darkest hour(me, and hopefully someone else in the future). Thank you all, love you girls...& guys. But more so the girls ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Colt,

I'm sorry for my part in hijacking your thread, I meant to apologize about that earlier. At the end of the day, we're all here to offer support for people like you, looking for help and companionship during the dark times. I'm glad you're doing well and trucking forward. I know what you mean about getting restless or anxious just before bed. It was mandatory for me to take a hot bath and a couple Advil to relax my body enough to be comfortable. I also had very bad cough after I jumped, it was horrible. I still have a cabinet full of every cough syrup and cough drop that was on the market. I tried everything. I ended up getting this all natural cough syrup that really helped. I'll check the name of it in the morning. It tasted like honey and lemon. I think I got it at whole foods.

Keep us posted, we're listening. Try not to let MM1 get to you. He doesn't have a finesse with words but he does mean well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No problem, I am open to any criticism or suggestions you guys have to offer and there was things I picked up even when you guys were arguing lol. So about the drink, I have actually had a cough throughout the withdrawals come to think of it and this cold has not helped out much. Please let me know if you can remember the name of it since it worked so well for you. Thanks again.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tiny said it best. I really am bad about wording things. They sound mean and "finger pointy" lol. I get frustrated.

Just want opiate addicts to understand all angles here because of mistakes I have personally made and many others I've helped in my personal life.

So. Yes. I don't mean to come off in a bad way... A lot of time if you could hear me say what I posted rather than read it and interpret it yourself... You'd feel differently.

I'm not a bad guy. I've been in recovery for a long time and made many mistakes and tried many things. This is just what works for me the best as of today. So I feel strongly about it when something finally helps someone that nothing was working for... As well as many others I'm friends with now.

So. Maybe I'll just start posting links to videos lol. Text is always open to too many interpretations of inflection.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No worries MM1. Im pretty laid back and it takes a lot to bother me and I never took what you said personally because we have never even met lol. I just thought at first you were one of those people who just liked to get on here to bitch about something because you were unhappy with yourself. But now I see that you do have good intentions and as long as I know that I am willing to listen to whatever suggestions you have to tell. I cant guaruntee I will always follow everythjng that is said but I can tell you I will always take it into consideration, because after all nobody knows us like we know each other right? Not our family or the doctors or anyone else. It is what only another opiate user has gone through that enables he/she to relate with one another. And THAT is why this forum helps so many people.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Colt33 wrote:
No problem, I am open to any criticism or suggestions you guys have to offer and there was things I picked up even when you guys were arguing lol. So about the drink, I have actually had a cough throughout the withdrawals come to think of it and this cold has not helped out much. Please let me know if you can remember the name of it since it worked so well for you. Thanks again.

Sorry it took a minute to get back to you.. This is the cough syrup I have and it worked for me when I had a chronic detox cough.

http://www.boironusa.com/products/chestal-honey/

I got mine at Whole Foods but I'm not sure if you'e in the US or not.. Hope you're hanging in there! Updates please..