It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Been on a low dose of suboxone twice a day (up to one mg or less twice a day) for 2 months. I have developed a weight gain-which I think is due to fluid buildup-I have noticed some swelling of my fingers and ankles. I have not increased my food intake. I have developed sore joints (especially legs, feet and knees). Gained 6-9 lbs. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Any swelling is not normal. I've never heard of weight gain on suboxone but I think the swelling isn't related to the weight gain or the suboxone. Do you have any heart conditions like CHF? Swelling is not normal and I would go be seen by a doctor especially if it's in your extremities like your legs, ankles, feet, hands. This means you are retaining fluid and your body isn't pumping it efficiently. Go get checked out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Other people on this forum have experienced some edema in the beginning of their sub treatment. If I recall correctly, theirs subsided eventually. But that said, usually when something is related to a side effect of sub, it's when one is one a much higher dose of sub. Now that's not to say that at your very low dose that you can't be having side effects still.

I do agree with Oxy-Ed that you might want to get it checked out w/ your doctor though. Just to be on the safe side.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Dose
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have noticed that a decrease in sub form 1 mg to .25 twice a day has helped significantly from the swelling and joint pain. I see this as a definite side effect from the sub. I am otherwise healthy (strong heart/lungs).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i also have swollen ankles and feet as well as the infamous hot flashes. i am currently on 32mg daily for the past 8 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You know swollen ankles could be from being on your feet to long as well. My mother and aunt get it really bad if they are on their feet to long.. I used to get it to and still do. When I would eat alot of salt/ or sodium. Try watching the food you eat i.e fast food , food thats bad for you .....Lay down and elevate your legs. put some pillows under your knees..... This will help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I take 20 mg a day and also find my hands swelling slightly. i also find that i feel more soar then usuall. is it the subs? I am on a quest to find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Our brain's opioid system plays a big part in our perception of pain. Joint / muslcle / bone aches are a big symptom of opioid withdrawal. I've noticed that once I am stabilised and tolerant to a dose of bupe or methadone, I probably experience more low level physical aches through the day than I would if I was on no opioid and have been clean for a long period.