It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ive been taking the Actavis tablet for a while now. Im thinking about having the pharmacy order me the Amneal tab this month. Im nervous about it not being as good. Can anyone give me any info on this. Someone who has experience with both or at least the amneal tabs. Any responsesvare fully appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Sublover, may i ask, why do you want to make a switch?. Just wondering.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have had each generic version of buprenorphine available and I've not noticed any major difference in effect. Some difference in pill size that effects how quickly it dissolves but nothing regarding ultimate effect. That being said, I have heard complaints from people regarding each and every generic version also, so it seems to be a pretty individual thing. Also I've noticed, if someone is taking 12-16+mg, the rate of absorbtion doesn't matter quite as much as it would for someone taking less as they are consistently well above the ceiling,

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

These actavis seem to degrade toward the end of the month and lose thier potentcy. Maybe its in my head? I just want whatever is most compareable to the original suboxone tabs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ok...well if you feel they arent working for you then maybe switch. I use the films. Always have. Ill say this, i have a large stock pf them. The oldest ones i have at this point are 8 months old. They work as well as a new one.. But as addicts we all want fresher newer better everything. Haha..so idk do what you think you need. Im on a small dose an have no problem..best of luck subloc.....razor..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Update. I swiched to the orange generics by amneal. And the verdict is......... big mistake! The duration for pain contol is terrible. That factor weighs in big time for me since i take them for that. I take it every 6hrs. It wears off way too soon. Keeps my cravings at bay decently enough but am experiencing episodes of nausea. Its not so bad that ill be in hell till next fill but ill definatly be going with Actavis from then on. For they are the superior generic sub, no doubt about it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:14 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

had a few ?s yesterday but I did some digging in the older posts and found this. I too just tried generic first it was subzolv did not like wore off fast, but it does have a reusable coupon for more then once a month. just transferred again, what was wrote on prescription pad as suboxone generic tab.

l went and did find out that the manufacture for them at cvs is actavis. I do think they are very comparable to the strips.

but still kinda miss the strips.

glad u figured urs out . wishing all is well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So i went to see my doc early yesterday becaude the orange amneal AN 414 tablets were awful. She made a note on the script that said "actavis brand only. Must be filled today". She wrote me for 240# 2mg tablet. I had no problem filling early. The difference was immediatly noticed. I felt like i came back from a few weeks in hell. All is good now.
And the moral of this story: if it aint broke, dont fix it!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:07 pm 

I'm so glad it worked out for you!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ive been on actavis for a while and then switched pharmacies and got to try amneal. At first i like amneal better as they seemed to hit harder. They are harder to break than the white actavis. I felt very fatigued and experienced headaches and nausea on both. I dont really know what the big difference is as i cannot really put my finger on it. I liked actavis because they kicked in alot sooner than the suboxone films. Amneal kicks in sooner too. I have fellow users that hate the actavis and say they make them sick, and then some say they r much better than the ammeals. I did notice on actavis my tolerance seemed to go up. I was down to 4 mgs a day on the films and switching to actavis i was up to 2 a day. I think they wear off sooner than the name brand suboxone. I hear the films barely have any fillers, maybe the generic tabs just make me nauseated from fillers or swallowing nalaxone. That can be combatted by plugging them, imo. Id like more input on what ppls experiences are and what the noticable differences are...i just cannot point it out but i know there are differences

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:52 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Zubsolv is mu better than the regular Suboxone tabs. It taste like mint and if you accidentally swallow it you don't feel sick. Also it devolves in a couple minutes so you get a much better absorption rate with it. I can't remember because I don't have m script close by but I even think the mg is lower because of this. And I do now that you can get the lowest mg pill that is equal to a quarter of the regular pill. Wich would be easier to taper if you need to or if you a little bit more. And my Dr prescribed me one week at a time because of money issues. Then she gave me a $75 manufacturers discount wich I found out is only $32 off of 14 pills. So I assume 75 off of 30 pills. I also learned at Walmart you can combine that with a AAA card and it doesn't have to be your AAA card to get another few bucks of. So with that said in the end it cost me $65 for 14 8mg Zubsolv pills. Oh yeah and if this saves you money and your dr doest not have the discount card go to Zubsolv website and you can print it out. Very good deal for me because the Suboxone was going to be 3 times that much and tasted like shit. And the Methadone treatment centre was charging me $105 a week $15 a day. Not only that but I had to wake up at 4am every freaking day. Never mind waiting in line listening to war stories and when leaving worry about getting locked up because of all the drugs being sold in the parking lot. Man I am so relieved that I am of the methadone and can take a tiny pill then just go about my day. I hope this helps someone because someone helped me.. Staystrong!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My pharmacy (Target) fills my rx with whatever generic they have on hand. I had a script filled partially with actavis and partially with amneal. I think that they work differently but have learned to use both of them. I am on 3mg a day. I find that actavis dissolves quickly, I need to start with a dry mouth and not swallow for at least 10 minutes after med seems completely gone. Amneal brand seems more similar to old suboxone tabs. Only my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

For me, the amneal were terrible, felt like I was taking nothing at all. My doc said his patients said the same

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

When i first was on suboxone i could take the origianl orange tablets and they would hold me a long time. I wouldnt feel withdrawl for 3 days after stopping. Now that its been a few years on them and i take generics, i wake up in withdrawl. They used to hold me at least 12 hours. Now its more like 4 hours and then mild wds start to set in. Suboxone used to work so well for me i do not understand. I take generics either amneal or actavis whichever the pharmacy hands out. They do make me much more hazey and tired than the strips. There was a time subs gave me energy and put me in a pleasant mood. Now im just tired and depressed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah I was switched to generic tex which I find to be better than bothe generic "zones".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:37 pm 

What a fantastic thread of information! Most of us know very little about the generics so this topic will be read over and over again by many members in the future.

With me, all I've had is Suboxone and cannot compare any generics to it. I am surprised that my insurance company (BCBS) hasn't demanded the generic switch. They did make my doctor do some paperwork to get it approved for another year though. That makes me wonder what the future is for Suboxone or Buprenorphine treatment is going to be.

Keep this thread alive and kickin'

rule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I really love this site and all that it does. Im glad I could contribute in some way, even if it was only starting a useful thread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I found i prefer the actavis generic. I notied i do not feel as hazy and tired with those. More clear headed. The orange amneal just make me feel fatigued . I was on the amneal for about 5 months straight, and recently was dispensed the white actavis, and the difference in my mood was very noticeable. I was not popping tylenol for headaches everyday anymore. I only wish i could get them everytime. My insurance will only cover generics, but i would really love to to try bunavail, zubsolv, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:32 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was one the Amneal brand generic for over a year and Walgreens switched to Actavis brand white pills last month. I must say for some reason I had a terrible time making it trough the month. I dont understand why because I know alot of people like the Actavis brand. Well today i went to the dr. and went to get my script filled and they said that the Actavis brand was all they carried now. I was very upset. I tried to find another pharmacy that was accepting new patients but couldnt, besides Rite Aid which had the Actavis as well. I spoke to the pharmacist there and she said she had recieved numerous complaints as well about the the switch from Amneal to Actavis. So I ended up having to get the Actavis filled again. I hope i get used to them because they just dont seem to last nearly as long as the orange tabs. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Has anyone experienced this with Actavis brand?