It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just switched from tablets to film.I was taking 1/2 8mg tablet 4*/day,but here are a few problems I having.

The film doesn't seem to be effective and how do you store a 1/2 strip.

The strips are hard to cut.I could use a scapel from a Hobby knife kit I have but can 1/2 strip be exposed to air w/humidity?.

How many people have switched to the film and would rather go back to the tablet?

The strips are non-forgiving if not placed in the right place or can move when you swallow.

Has anyone has problems switching from tablets to film?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi tireedofsubox'. my doc had me sit in his office and take a 8mg strip under my tong. and wait 3 minutes
and that's the time limit he said for me to wait for it to desolve. but i here every body say longer? i have ask to switch back to pills . it did not happen. i hate docs who only agree with what they reed and not how you feel. and yes i have that dam problem with the strips moving all over my mouth. i'll even wait them out for 15mt's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A mirror does help.I don't swallow as long as I can and it's a mistake to feel if it's disolved.

Is there any places on the forum film vrs film?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I tried just using a half a strip at a time and it does seem to help.It's easier to place and dissolves much faster.

I had better results using 1/2 of 8mg tablets,instead of 2-8mg at a time,1-8mg twice/day,but it maynot work for all people.
I discovered this when I was using 2mg tablets,they just dissolved faster and didn't seem to overflow into the mouth area.

I was dosing at 4-4mg 4 times/day and I just found out the strip can be cut and stored for a day,so it does seem to be just effective so far as the tablet.

If your Dr. permitts,try 1/2 strip at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Get a nice pair of scissor's, something small and sharp. I use a nice pair of barber scissor's. Cut the pouch don't tear it. Turn film so it's in the pouch side to side not up and down and just carfully cut in half. Take the half you need and leave the other in pouch the fold the pouch to seal it. I've gotten so used to this I don't even touch the film until I put it under my tounge. Now getting it placed under my tounge completelly, and not all over my lower front teeth is the hard part. I will say though as much as a pain in the ass films are I couldn't imagine going back to letting that pill dissolve for like 15 minutes. I'm only on 3 mg, I can't believe I used to put 3 8mg tablets at once. It seems that the film-tablet debate is about 50/50, I definately prefer the film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That's a very good idea,never would have thought of it.I'll give it a try.I have been using razor blades,but I take strip out of package.

Thanks,
Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ya done all". i'm back to the full to strips. one on each side of the cheek" works best for me. i note that the day will go by more smoothly.