It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to this forum and have been looking around and have gotten a ton of great info which has really helped me since I only just started bup last month. I'm wondering if I can switch straight to suboxone from bup. If the dose is the same I don't know why it would be a problem. I see a new dr next month and don't know if he will continue or switch me over. Also, I'm wondering if suboxone will have the same pain relieving properties (I assume so) and if I can take it the same wY take bup which is 4mg four times a day. I have found that is the best dosing to control my chronic pain. Pain that lead me to take opiates in the first place. After reading many of the posts on here, I know I'm not alone in this. I'm so glad to have found d you guys. What a relief!! I never even knew that something like this existed. You all have definitely helped me adjust to this whole thing these past few weeks, even if I'm mostly just reading. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:38 am 

Hey Jess!

Do u mean switching from subutex to suboxone? All of it is buprenorphine....suboxone, zubsolve, bunavail, the generics...they're all buprenorphine with naloxone. Subutex is still buprenorphine but the only difference is without naloxone, it's still bup. So the answer to ur question is yes, u can switch from whatever form of buprenorphine ur taking now to suboxone. I really hope that makes sense and I explained that right, my fiance is getting ready to leave for work and it's very distracting :)

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Jenjen for replying to my post. I do know that subutex and suboxone are the same except suboxone has naloxone in it. That's what I was wondering about, if the naloxone would affect me or not. I've seen posts on here talking about not liking the naloxone and wondered why.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

For me personally I used to switch between the two back in the day when I was getting them on the streets I never noticed a difference in the two. I don't think the Naloxone will bother you.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

From my understanding, Suboxone and Subutex are identical in terms of dosage efficacy with respect to easing of withdrawal symptoms, but I'm not a doctor...although I do have many years personal experience in the world of addiction. The difference however, is that the Naloxone in Suboxone prevents the patient from being able to abuse opiates/opioids. This is why many addicts prefer to take Subutex over Suboxone - it basically allows them to have their cake and eat it too...