It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had recently made the switch to TeX because of pregnancy this week but after taking 8mg of TeX (previously was on 8mg of suboxone) for almost a week I've found it isn't working as well for me as the suboxone. Did anyone else experience this when they where switched? Does my body need to get used to the change of suboxone to subutex?

Everyone seems to prefer subutex but sadly for me I seemed to benefit more from suboxone. I know subutex is better during pregnancy so I don't want to go back but I'm so uncomfortable especially at night- I constantly wake up sweating, sore, restless legs and anxious.. What s wrong with me :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome to the forum :D Congratulations on your pregnancy! I have taken suboxone films, zubsolv & subutex. I didn't like the "tex". I wasn't in withdrawals but I noticed a difference. I prefer zubsolv out of the 3.

It takes time to adjust, imo. You may want to talk to the doctor about this. It could be your pregnancy has changed the way your body metabolizes the medication. You may need an increase if you are in w/d's at night.

How far along are you in this pregnancy?

I am not a doctor but I think you should talk to him/her so you can be comfortable.

As a chronic pain person I found I had less pain on zubsolv and felt better overall. Doctors say there is no difference but I don't believe that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:51 pm 

Hello Alien,
Welcome!!
Both meds are really the same. Both have the active ingredient, Buprenorphine.
So it sounds like you maybe having a absorbtion issue. Were you taking the film before? Now you have a tablet.

The film does work faster . Try crushing the tablet with your teeth then as your saliva starts to come on make a paste and spread it all over the inside of your mouth. Make sure you keep from sollowing for 15 to 20 mins. This is the way ive been taught here.
Do you take the whole tablet at once? This is important to know because if you break to tab in half you could be missing some of the bupe. It is unlikely, but it is a possibility.

My guess it is the absorption rate. Hold your med louger, and cover as much your mouth as you can..

Razor...

Oh, congratulations on the baby!!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for your replies :) I'm going to be 12 weeks on Monday. I go to a clinic every morning- there they crush my 8mg with a grinder so it absorbs faster. I put it under my tongue and do not swallow for 15 minutes.

However before I knew I was pregnant I was homeless and active in my addiction- I was buying suboxone off the street and unfortunately abusing them by shooting them up. I applied for medicaid as soon as I found out I was pregnant and shortly afterwards committed myself to the hospital in the hopes they could help me get back on my feet and also with my addiction. I genuinely want to be the best mom possible and knew that would be impossible if I kept chasing the high.

I was completely honest about my use but said I wanted to get in a maintenance program and use TeX (since its healthier for the baby) properly. If I could be SURE I would get dosed everyday that would help deter needle use- I wanted to start living a normal life for this child. I have not shot up suboxone since June 16 (the day I committed myself) and was thankfully approved for medicaid during my stay there.

The hospital had previously been giving me full 8mg suboxone pills and had put the entire pill under my tongue. I would swallow regularly despite that I had no problem feeling fine on sub's.

My clinic started me on the 8mg TeX this Tuesday. I don't understand why its affecting me differently than suboxone since its basically the same thing minus naloxone.. I wonder if they give out generic but that really shouldn't do anything either

I do wonder if my past abuse history is effecting the TeX or if I just need to adjust. I would rather NOT have them up my dose so I will try giving it another week to see what happens- I was curious to see if anyone else had problems making the switch from sub's to TeX. I was unable to find much about it when I researched it- people seemed to have problems the OTHER way around and everyone seems to LOVE TeX more

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:20 pm 

Ok...I get it now. It still is a bioability issue. When you were shooting your dose your bio was at 100%. Sublingually your at around 15 to 30 %.
That is just how the numbers go person to person...

So glad you sre making these cha5for you and that little one. Good for you.!!!!

You do know about sub. You get it. Its early so ride out the next few days or weeks, two at the most maybe more and you will stablize. It ll just take some time. You should be fine...

Keep us posted please. Hope your doing well otherwise...

Razor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes!! But the thing here is I was taking suboxone PROPERLY under my tongue for almost 2 weeks- FELT PERFECTLY FINE- but then when I switched to TeX its just not helping as much as the suboxone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I will continue taking my proper doses of TeX for another week and see how it goes. I'm hoping I just need to continue adjusting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:06 am 

I have always taken suboxone strips and I'm perfectly happy with them. However, probably 6 months ago, I had about 7 subutex given to me from someone who didn't want them. Since I pay cash for my medicine, I took them and it's basically the same as my strips. Well I thought I was losing my mind cause it didn't work for me the way my suboxone strips did. I was an emotional wreck and just didn't feel good overall. I knew this sounded crazy cause it's the same medicine just without naloxone. So yes, I totally think what ur feeling is real. But ur pregnant and I guess ur gonna have to give it a shot.....I think you'll definitely adjust in time so don't worry about that. I'm just glad to hear that ur in recovery with a baby on the way!!!! As Tiki said in an earlier post, I'd talk to the doctor, tell him everything ur feeling, he's ur link to fixing any issues with ur medication.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:13 am 

Omg mods can someone delete these two extra posts lol. I'm an idiot and pushed submit three times :/ and I don't even know how to delete them myself or if it's possible. Thank you and sorry for the ridiculous inconvenience :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:26 am 

Did the samething myself yday..lol no worries jenn...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you Jenn Jenn!! So happy to hear I'm not crazy XP I'm still planning on giving the TeX another week, hoping to adjust and REALLY hoping to avoid upping my dose for my babies sake (despite reading higher doses don't really matter in the potential event of a baby being born with NAS) I would rather stick with minimal amounts just in case :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So glad Jennjenn was able to explain it better than me. The same thing happened when I switched from zubsolv to subtex. It just didn't hold me the same way. By the end of the second week I was ok but at my next appt I went back to zubsolv. I have no idea why but I know people have different reactions to the various bupe products.

Hang in there and hopefully by your next appt you will have adjusted. I was also wondering if you could split the dose, take 4 in the morning and 4 mg in the afternoon.