It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been taking around 4mg of Suboxone for the last four months, down from 20mg when I started a year ago. I feel great and as close to "normal" as I ever have. Recently I discovered I am pregnant and this week I started on Subutex. I am finding that I am having to take more, up to 8mg and my dose just is not lasting as long. I am thinking maybe I am not absorbing as much because it was easier to keep the strip in place and now I have this big chunk of pill and the spit seems to collect immediately. I am taking the generic Roxanne. I want to lower my dose not raise it. I am finding about 6-8 hours after I dose I begin to feel restless, anxious, much lower energy overall. I know technically its the same drug so I am just concerned about what is going on. Has anyone else struggled with the switch?

I am hoping I put this in the right place!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:56 am 

Hey Hthr welcome!

Congrats on ur pregnancy! That's awesome :)

I've mostly taken the strips during my whole treatment. There was a few times I took the pill form and I gotta admit, I didn't like it lol. I think I was so used to the strips that my issues were trying to absorb the pill form. It's not unheard of for some ppl to have a little trouble with that switch...not everyone obviously, but a few of us do. It's just different, a strip is flat and sticks to ur tongue and a pill is chunky and can move around. I totally get it. Yes it's the exact medicine but different form. Dr. Junig (a suboxone Dr & founder of this forum) goes over getting better absorption over in the Talkzone section, maybe that'll help u a little bit. I do think the more u get used to it, the better it will get though.

I've also heard ppl on this forum talk about women who are pregnant absorb buprenorphine faster than normal....I don't know why, hopefully someone else can comment about that and explain it to ya. Maybe that's why ur having to take more too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi! I am on the strips but I did have a problem with spit building up in my mouth when I first began. I read around and what worked best for me was taking mine first thing in the morning like Michelle does. She is one of the mods. Actually I wake up around 5 am and stick it under my tongue and lie back down until 6 or 6:30 when I usually get up. My mouth doesn't fill up with spit this way so I get much better absorption. I also dose a few times a day bc Suboxone also helps me with pain but I take my largest dose first thing in the morning. I hope this helps. Hopefully she will give you a few pointers on her method. I've never mentioned it but I've learned a lot from Michelle. Thanks for the great tips and for being such a great mod Michelle. I hope she sees this. Good luck with the Subutex and congratulations. Bama girl

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:37 pm 

I take mine first thing in the morning when my mouth is the most dry. Imo that's the best time of day to take it....not to mention I usually wake up feeling like crap lol so that's just been my routine all these yrs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I only have experience with tablets. Once i asked for straight buprenorphine to save money and felt that it was not as strong as combination tablets. It seems that pregnant women need more medication. congratulations.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all for the advice and congratulations! I am going to read up on the tips from Dr. Junig and also try doing and going back to sleep for a while. I really do not want to up my dose and so far I have been managing on 4mg or less so we will see! Thanks again!