It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi I've been taking the one strip daily for two years but as of last night my sub doc switched me to the suboxone and nalaxone tablets. Today is my first day taking them. Does anybody else in here take the tablets or used to? Are they any better or the same? I did notice they are a hell of a lot cheaper than the films. The reason I switched is because I've been getting headaches a lot and my doc thinks the tablets would help.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi kbot, how's it going? I've only experienced the strips but just wanted to tell you I sure hope the tablets work out for you and help with the headaches as well. Have a good weekend! Bamagirl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess so far so good. So far no headaches although it's only day two. I think they taste better than the strips.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well good then. I have been wondering how your fusion went. How you have been doing with it after the surgery. I have my right ankle fused back in 1993 a year after a real bad car accident. My heal bone and ankle bone were fused together and I have very limited movement of the right ankle. I can move limited though,to the right and up and down, but still their are limits after most fusions. I home you are doing well and the headaches stay away. I hate headaches! Have a very good weekend Kbot. Bamagirl :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My fusion went really good. I hav had 5 other foot surgeries when I was a child for flat feet. This year I had severe pain when walking and was too young for ankle replacement because they don't last but 10 years for how active I am. I am 9 weeks post op and walking with one crutch. What kind of fusion did you have?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

And as far as the tablets go I feel like they are not as strong as films. No headaches and I forgot to ask how are you with your fusion?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh I had my ankle and heal bone fused together after a bad car accident in 1992. A year after the accident and after everything had healed up, my foot had to be rebroke and reset, and I had my heal and ankle fused at that time. I also had a flat foot. Not before the wreck, but after everything healed. All said and done, I am doing pretty good. I don't limp or anything like that but I am stiff in the morning. Trying to get into yoga. But just haven't yet. I took gymnastics for years and years though and can stretch good in the morning and that takes care of the stiffness. Hey, that's not bad just being on 1 crutch after surgery 9 wks ago. Give um hell! LOL Sounds like you've had a lot of stuff done due to your feet. That is a tricky/bad place to have problems being we are always on our feet, if we are lucky. I could have lost my legs in the wreck I had but thank goodness I had an excellent surgeon. He was retired military. Glad your not having headaches like you were and look, if you need to, get the Dr. to raise your dose to what you are used to feeling. You can always talk with your Dr. about this and it's a pretty common complaint when one changes from the strips to the tablet. Not getting as much from the tablets as the film. Some people have just the opposite problem. So your Dr. has probably heard it all. Don't hesitate to bring it up to him/her if you have any trouble. Well goodnight Kbot. Bamagirl