It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: My SWITCH
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys first and for most I hope all of you are doing well and sorry I have been away so long but I needed to really clear my mind and thoughts for a little while I didn’t have anything to great to say about suboxone and that is the last thing this forum needs/new comers. I am happy to say I am back in 1 on 1 counseling with an actual drug counselor and also attending groups and wow I got to say the groups had made the biggest difference knowing there are others out there that I can talk to face to face has really helped me. Still in a great deal of pain but that is why I am placing this in the methadone section. Some of you may recall b4 I took a brake I was trying to switch to methadone for better pain management. Well Tomm is my first day with methadone knock on wood I was there all day today getting my paper work set had blood work done and so on and they told me to come back tomm at 9 so we will see what happens but I do believe I should be taking my first dose tomm.

I myself have been on suboxone for 5 years for pain management and addiction of course. For the new guys I have two serious injuries are a severely torn rotator cuff and 3 of the 4 ligaments in my right knee are torn that’s right guys sadly to say I tore a 3rd, both sport injuries. I was on 200 mgs of oxy and 800 mcg of fentora for 7 years with a shady pain management Doc well shady in my eyes money will get you anything you want from those money hungry sharks. Anyway I got on sub because my body was starting to shut down and I could of became a diabetic and loss my life if I kept going my organs were shutting down at the age of 19. The 1st couple years of sub were ok but once I reached the max dose and couldn’t beat the ceiling affect things def change and my pain became more noticeable. And this last year has been a living hell Sub just cant manage my pain any more.

Now the living hell of getting off suboxone after 5 years I myself choose to do a rapid taper on my own and boy that was stupid. I did a 2 week plan 24 to 16 to 12 to 8 to 6 to 4 to 2 to 1 and then off all together. I have been off sub all together for the last 4 days and I am sick as hell every WD you can think of I have but RLS is by far the worst and well insomnia but this is the first and last time I will ever say I am lucky to be on seroquel for sleeping meds because anyone who has taken it or knows someone who has knows how powerful of a drug it is and I get some sleep def more than the average withdrawal allows thank god knock on wood. But the pain is by far what is most noticeable for me being that I am a pain management patient. Once I got down to 12 I started to feel the WDs but once I got down to 4 it was a noticeable pain in the ass. For me the 3rd day was the worst out of the 4 that I have been on off sub the 1st two days my body was in shock it seemed the WD would come on really hard but then goes away for a couple hours than come back. But yesterday I felt it all day long and today the same thing really harsh WDs that won’t go away.

I will try my best to update this thread tomm and let you know If I start methadone or not. I really have this thread up for anyone that has questions for me about anything you have to ask that I might be able to help you with.

Ps
Man big change from rich ass suboxone doctor offices to the hood a lot of unique individuals I saw today but hey I am no better than the next person I truly believe in all my heart that every person should be a equal to one another you really don’t know how good you have it till you see what life is like for some people and it made me write a nice thank you card to my parents for everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Holy Shit, am I ever glad to hear from you again Bboy!! I've been wondering if you made the switch to Methadone or not and I'm glad to hear that you're giving it a try. I would imagine you would get better pain relief from it, but since I have no experience at all with it, I just don't know?? I am so looking forward to hearing more from you and how the Methadone is treating your pain.

BTW, I am very glad to hear that you're getting 1 on 1 sessions with an addiction counselor AND your doing groups too. I just started attending NA about two weeks ago and I really, really enjoy the meetings. Like you said, it's amazing to find that there are SO many people out there who are just like us. I've actually brought my wife with me to a couple of meetings and her face at the end of the meetings is priceless. She's blown away when she hears others share about how their feeling, what their struggling with on a day to day basis and just how serious this disease of addiction is. She sees me in everything these people are saying, she understands so much better now what I deal with daily and how she can better help me.

Anyway, glad to hear from you again. I hope everyting goes great for you and that you finally get some much needed pain relief!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Bboy, I'm glad to see you here and know you are Ok. You may have discussed this before you were away, so forgive me for asking again. As a pain patient wouldn't it be possible to receive a prescription for methadone? I knew a guy who had a severe back injury and he was able to get a monthly script. Just concerned that daily clinic visits could get to be a hassle, especially if you are working full time. I do have a friend who has been doing it for a couple of years successfully. It gets a little dicey during some of our wonderful winter storms here in the northeast (although I think they give her a "take home" when they know a storm is coming.
I really hope it works for your pain. I know you have been through a lot. Let us know how it goes.
Lilly

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Rom and Lil thank you so much for the warm welcome back. Glad to say I took my 1st dose of methadone today and the Dr in charge is a great Doctor he sat down with me for a hour going over my whole addiction and pain issues to find the right dose to start at. Right now I am on 30mgs and I will be gradually brought up to 60mg by the end of june than I will go from there as to how much they will need to increase for pain but I am praying every night that I don’t need to go no higher than 100 at the most. I mean you can tell the difference between the lower dose patients and higher dose patients just sitting in the waiting room. And I feel if I go to high it will just become more of a active addiction dose than a good maintenance dose and I am going to deal with pain even if I have too to stay below 100. Def still feeling pretty shitty but I also knew methadone wasn’t going to change everything over night it is time for my body to recuperate ya know but at the same time I def feel a lot better than yesterday what I really need is a good night sleep I think going to bed at 9PM on a Friday lol. I am hoping by next week this time I will be close to a 100% feeling wise without adding the pain into the equation. But this thread will be updated a lot so def stop in to see how things are going. And I do got to say even on 30mgs only my pain is about a 8 instead of a 10 so this might be the right direction lets hope.

Yea Lilly well that was actually a big discussion I had with my Doctors, counselors, parents and the people in my group. Was should I got the pain management route or a clinic setting. The whole thing landed on clinic due to the structure and more so being a former addict getting a strong medication once a month from a DR can easily turn into something much worst for myself than I am back on the streets buying methadone cause I am doubling or even tripling my dose. And at the same time it is very very hard to find a DR who will prescribe methadone even with a broken back. Because it is a very tedious process I mean the Dr has to record every little thing so the Dea doesn’t come down on him and start an investigation to see if the Dr is giving the said patient methadone in any way for addiction. Even if he is not but they think he is they could take his Dea Number meaning he can’t prescribe any controlled substances and could also lose his license all together and I mean that is there lively hood that’s how they put food on the table a roof over there families heads and to put that much on a Dr plate is a lot to ask for. But what was the killer for me is that I have been on suboxone for 5 years and when the people who watch these things see suboxone they see chemical dependency treatment for opiate addiction not pain management so any Dr that prescribe me methadone would basically look like they are treating me with it for addiction even with my serious injuries and back round there is no in between with methadone being prescribed by Drs.

Yea Rom isn’t it great what you get out of those groups man? I literally can say the people in my groups would ask me everyday when I was detoxing off subs how I was doing if I needed a ride if I was too sick all the above it really is a 2nd family if you find the right groups. And that is awesome you have brought your wife to meetings with you and that she has a much better understanding of what you go through on a dayily basics subs or not. That is actually one thing the DR at my clinic said today that I should do some family counseling so my dad better understands my prob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, BBoy, I am so happy that you are back!! We wondered if you were okay and what was happening with your possible switch.

Your 'taper'.....wow, man, that must have been really, really rough. I cannot even imagine. You are truly, truly tough. I hope and pray for you that you will be out of w/d completely soon AND that your pain will be under control. It's weird because, even though you posted yesterday while feeling like crap, you still sounded like a much happier person. I think that's obviously because you had found a way to get to a better place. I think this may really be the answer, and I sure am pulling for you!!! IMO, you've been through enough and you deserve a big, huge break.

We missed you and I'm so happy you're back on.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

laddertipper wrote:
Hey, BBoy, I am so happy that you are back!! We wondered if you were okay and what was happening with your possible switch.

Your 'taper'.....wow, man, that must have been really, really rough. I cannot even imagine. You are truly, truly tough. I hope and pray for you that you will be out of w/d completely soon AND that your pain will be under control. It's weird because, even though you posted yesterday while feeling like crap, you still sounded like a much happier person. I think that's obviously because you had found a way to get to a better place. I think this may really be the answer, and I sure am pulling for you!!! IMO, you've been through enough and you deserve a big, huge break.

We missed you and I'm so happy you're back on.

laddertipper

Once again another warm welcome from a great person thank you so much lad and your prayers are very much appreciated, it is good to be back with my friends hear! Yea I can say I am happy, for so long I was so nervous that what if methadone did not work I mean I have only taken 2 30mg doses but my pain has def lessen just after 2 days. By the time I am up to 80mg I think life might just become something I enjoy again instead of pushing through the pain and being pissed at the world for my problems. Yea my taper was stupid and very hard but once I found out I was accepted to the clinic I wanted off suboxone ASAP. And being that I was on sub for so long I knew it would take at least 4 to 5 days with nothing to feel some of the methadone I still think I am not getting the full affect as in getting my full dose absorbed in my opiate receptors prolly another week till the sub is 100% gone from my receptors being that I was never on a lower dose than 16 for 5 years. But really right now my body just needs to recuperate it is exhausted like a hangover almost. And one thing I feel very strong about stating is methadone does not get you high in any way. My 1st doses of sub got be more buzzed. After lots of research and reading a lot of people not hear but they are out there think that is the main reason people choose methadone over suboxone.

I am just truly happy that there is a good chance I could get pain relief without a 2 operations. That was why I was so nervous about meth not working was because if it did not my only other option was to have surgery and after talking with a new ortho and my sub Dr I would have had to do a 8 month rehab on very strong pain meds IV morphine after post op and MScontin for the 8 months. And I know myself if I had meds like that in my hands active addiction would be a strong possibility because once i got that true pain killer pain releif and high/energy i would never go back to suboxone.

and just know if i sound like i am talking down suboxone i do not mean too it just did not work for me. we are all different and what works for one of us might not work for the next person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Bboy,

I just copied this from the main page of the forum, "This forum is a place for addicts and for those who love them to discuss addiction, particularly addiction to opiates (pain pills). Please join us to discuss symptoms, patterns, consequences, and treatment of opiate dependence. Recognizing that opiate dependence is a potentially fatal disease, we respect ALL effective treatments for opiate dependence, whether or not the treatment includes buprenorphine or Suboxone."

I don't think that you were putting Suboxone down at all, it didn't work for you or maybe more accurately, it stopped worked to relieve your pain after several years of use. You made a courageous decision to switch over to Methadone, not even knowing if it would work. It seems to be working and that is sure to be great news for someone else for whom Suboxone has not worked at addressing their pain issues.

You sound really good and I'm eager to follow your progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Hey Bboy,

I just copied this from the main page of the forum, "This forum is a place for addicts and for those who love them to discuss addiction, particularly addiction to opiates (pain pills). Please join us to discuss symptoms, patterns, consequences, and treatment of opiate dependence. Recognizing that opiate dependence is a potentially fatal disease, we respect ALL effective treatments for opiate dependence, whether or not the treatment includes buprenorphine or Suboxone."

I don't think that you were putting Suboxone down at all, it didn't work for you or maybe more accurately, it stopped worked to relieve your pain after several years of use. You made a courageous decision to switch over to Methadone, not even knowing if it would work. It seems to be working and that is sure to be great news for someone else for whom Suboxone has not worked at addressing their pain issues.

You sound really good and I'm eager to follow your progress.

Thanks Rom yea i just wanted to say that i have no ill feelings toward suboxone any more if i did not have pain suboxone would of been more than perfect but that was not the case. And i am doing really good today 1st day in 2 weeks i had energy the whole day and the WDs seem to be just about gone for the most part knock on wood! But yea i am in love with methadone just after 3 days my pain has been the best it has in 5 years since i stopped active addiction and i am on a very low dose right now so i dont even think i will need that much more. I was talking with the nurse today she said the whole thing of pain patients on mehtadone needing huge doses like 200mgs is false. Do to how long it stays active in your system taking that high of dose is just over kill and hearing that made me happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I LOVE METHADONE!
Now that most of the Sub is gone and withdrawals as well this drug has changed my life just over 5 days. I am happy, I have energy, my pain levels are down somewhat and I am only on 35 mgs right now and that means it is only going to get better as I go up in mgs. I start groups and 1 on 1 next week at the clinic as well so I now have 2 drug counselors and will be attending 3 to 4 groups a week; have to go to the clinic daily for a few months. And the biggest thing is I now have some structure in my life which will only help my recovery. And I don’t have to worry any more about when I come off my parent’s health insurance! The stress of thinking about how the hell I am going to come up with hundreds of dollars a month to pay for suboxone while being a full time student was always on my mind and now that is not helps me relax a bit. I am telling any of you guys that want to get clean and are on suboxone right now but have trouble affording it and are draining your savings, switch to methadone it is cheap as hell no health insurance covers methadone besides Medicaid and is still way cheaper I am talking hundreds not just a couple bucks. pm me if you want to know coast of my clinic just to give you a ball park idea and everything is included in your fee 1 on 1, drug test, groups and so much more. I don’t know what more I can say but for the 1st time in 5 years I actually think I might be able to live a normal life again soon. Again to anyone who is thinking of starting opiate dependence treatment look into methadone you will not regret it. And another plus suboxone was destroying my dental health since I stopped my teeth are noticeably whiter.

And since this is my own thread I am going to post my true believe on suboxone and pain management. If you have serious chronic pain I mean 8 to 10 on a daily basis and a suboxone Dr tells you it will help it won’t. And it really bugs me that Dr continues to tell chronic pain patients it will help. But don’t get me wrong you have minimal pain 3 to 6 suboxone will work great but for you guys with serious pain don’t waste your time and money because at most you will get down to a 7 and that is if you take 2 to 4 doses a day vs one methadone dose and you are set for the rest of the day. I mean I take my dose at 9 and don’t have pain till the next morning. And the only reason I am posting this is because I don’t want to see what happen to me happen to anyone else. 5 years of false hope let alone 1 year should not have to ever go through what I did

Post subject: So glad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi BBoy, how nice to hear from you.. I'm sorry you are having problems. I miss you and I hope you can find a safe & healthy solution to your problem. I was wondering if you were alright.

If you look around the forum you will see I am having problems of my own. But, this is not about me.

What are you planning now? Please be strong and do the right thing. I know how hard WD is but you know the drill.

Please let me know how you are doing.

Love, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Brent, I'm really happy that things are going so well for you. It sounds like it's the right choice for your pain, you will be getting counseling and groups, and the money situation will be better. I do have one concern, and I hope it's OK that I say this. It sounds like you're on a bit of a pink cloud, as they say in NA. Remember that feeling of well being we all had when we first started painkillers? I'm thinking methadone, being a full agonist, might be giving you some of that right now. I'm only mentioning it because soon you will level out and just feel normal, you known what I mean? So I just don't want you to go through a big let down when life gets back to normal and you're headed to the clinic every day.
Please keep this thread going. There seems to be a lot more people on the forum lately either coming off or going on methadone.
Keep up the good work,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey queenie it is good to be back sorry to hear you are having some problems right now I will look for your threads to see if I can add any type of helpful information or at least some positive vibes. And I will say a prayer for you tonight b4 bed!

How I am I doing, great I truly am happy right now I really am I mean it. As of my plan right now all I know is I will be on methadone for a while I don’t plan on having to go through withdrawal anytime soon, and from my understanding methadone is by far the worst withdrawal out of any full antagonist after reading horror story after horror story. So I will have perfect attendance at the clinic no failed UAs and so forth knock on wood. (Please guys and gals let me know what you think of this plan) As of the future I am going to get stable on methadone and once the upcoming winter ends and the weather heats up I will go see my orthopedic to discuss something’s and what I am thinking for the future. Now that I am fully off Suboxone surgery and the 50 50 outcomes doesn’t seem as bad. Being that I would not have to Detox of Suboxone just to have the operations and go back to active addiction for post op which was going to be IV morphine and then MScontin for the 8 to 12 month rehab. And being a addict having drugs like that in my possession and getting that true pain relief from pain killers and getting high I would never go back to Suboxone. But I can use methadone for pain management in very high doses than go back/lean down by the help of the clinic till I find a stable dose and if the operation goes well maybe get down to a very low dose. Than with a lot of counseling and help, come off opiates all together, and even if the operation goes bad or makes it worst I don’t have to go back to active addiction I could just stay on methadone and get real pain relief without the high which is a dream come true.

Oh Lilly it is cool I rather have you be real with me than lie and just say keep up the good work. But do not worry Lil I know where you are coming from 100% and I am not experiencing any type of high or euphoria. When I say it gives me energy and I am happy, is because for the 1st time in 5 years I am not in terrible noticeable pain all day long which one makes me happy two allows me to be more active hence energy. If anything methadone just allows me to live a normal decent life without having to worry about this dose or this pain and that takes so much stress off my life in that itself. And like I mention above suboxone gave me terriable breath, canker sores and yellow teeth and having obsessive compulsive disorder those things drive you crazy my appearance is very important to me I dress nice smell good so people take me more serious and being a drug addict for so long you lose those things and once you get them back is a great feeling. And that is another reason I am happy just over 5 6 days I have notice a huge amount of pluses but when I was on suboxone it was just a shit load of negatives the only thing I got out of Suboxone at the end was staying out of withdrawal. Yea you would be surprised about how many people at my clinic started on suboxone and switched to methadone. Acutally the head Dr also runs his own suboxone practice and told me he has had much better success with methadone for both opiate addiction and of course pain management.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You really do sound great, and I know others have said so, too. Even the way you write is totally different. I'm really happy that you have found what works for you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lillyval wrote:
You really do sound great, and I know others have said so, too. Even the way you write is totally different. I'm really happy that you have found what works for you. :D

Thanks lilly if you get soem time please let me know what you think of my plan in my last post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Life is good up to 50mgs today and still getting good pain relief which is all I wanted out of methadone. For the first time in a long time I went on a bike ride with my dad today real nice to be outside more often instead of stuck in my house. Starting groups at the clinic tomorrow, than on Tuesday have my first 1 on 1 with my counselor who seems to be a great guy and has a lot of knowledge. He actually teaches classes on how to become a substance abuse counselor in all aspects from Suboxone/Methadone Drs to just everyday drug counselors. Which is great because that’s what I am going to school for, and told me once he gets to know me and sees I take my recovery serious and my schooling to bring in all my college records and grades and if all looks well he would have no problem writing me a recommendation to any school or intern ship that comes up not to many people would do that for you considering why I am there in the 1st place but having 5 years clean helped a lot he said.

But I will keep you guys updated on what I think of the groups and counseling session on Tuesday after noon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Bboy,

If I rememer correctly, your knee is buggered up pretty good. Surgery is an option, but there were a lot of hurdles you had to overcome before you could do that. From the sounds of the post you made with "Your Plan", you're getting very close to considering the surgery option and that makes me happy. I don't know if your familiar with my injuries, I fell 25 feet out of a tree, I exploded my left heel bone (the Orthapaedic Surgeon counted 18 pieces and said the rest was dust), broke the Talus (forms the lower part of the ankle joint) and broke the Fibula (calf bone). The right ankle was similar, but the breaks included the Tibia (shin bone) and those breaks went 1/3 of the way up my leg. Oh yeah, broke my left arm too. Yeah, that was a pretty shitty day!!

Anyway, I underwent 7 surgeries over a few years time and without those surgeries, there is no way in hell that I would be working.....shit man, there's no way I would be active in any way, shape or form if it weren't for those surgeries. My surgeries were so successful that I don't take any pain meds, with the exception of 1 or 2 Advil once or twice a week. If you could have seen how mangled my legs and ankles were after that fall and then if you could see me walking around today, with no pain meds, you be like :shock: !!

So, I think your plan is good. Surgery will most likely help, Methadone can be your pain med, wean down the best you can after the surgery and you may find that you don't even need it anymore if the surgery goes really well!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Hey Bboy,

If I rememer correctly, your knee is buggered up pretty good. Surgery is an option, but there were a lot of hurdles you had to overcome before you could do that. From the sounds of the post you made with "Your Plan", you're getting very close to considering the surgery option and that makes me happy. I don't know if your familiar with my injuries, I fell 25 feet out of a tree, I exploded my left heel bone (the Orthapaedic Surgeon counted 18 pieces and said the rest was dust), broke the Talus (forms the lower part of the ankle joint) and broke the Fibula (calf bone). The right ankle was similar, but the breaks included the Tibia (shin bone) and those breaks went 1/3 of the way up my leg. Oh yeah, broke my left arm too. Yeah, that was a pretty shitty day!!

Anyway, I underwent 7 surgeries over a few years time and without those surgeries, there is no way in hell that I would be working.....shit man, there's no way I would be active in any way, shape or form if it weren't for those surgeries. My surgeries were so successful that I don't take any pain meds, with the exception of 1 or 2 Advil once or twice a week. If you could have seen how mangled my legs and ankles were after that fall and then if you could see me walking around today, with no pain meds, you be like :shock: !!

So, I think your plan is good. Surgery will most likely help, Methadone can be your pain med, wean down the best you can after the surgery and you may find that you don't even need it anymore if the surgery goes really well!!

First and for most Romeo CONGRATS MAN REALLY YOU DID A GREAT JOB! Your story is very close to me in some ways but where I went wrong was to continue active addiction for pain control instead of going in for the operations. But at that point in time operations were not really a option if I wanted any chance to advance in baseball because one the rehab period would have taken way too long, two like I mention before scouts here shoulder injury they turn the other way 90% of the time scouts here shoulder surgery, say bye to any chance at advancing in baseball. And I think my biggest downfall was the fact that I was released from the ER within hours of showing up vs. someone with your injuries probably got much more attention and care. Keep in mind I was a drug addict at this point in time so most of the nurses and Doctors gave me those terrible looks and thought I was drug seeking after a few more ER visits I think I was on that black list or something like that because any time I went to the hospital closes to my house before I was even signed in they told me you cannot get any pain medications.

But as of my plan thanks for your input man wish others would let me know what they think. Anyways yea now that I am off suboxone all together and have none of it on my receptors the 50 50 operation ratios doesn’t seem so bad anymore because most importantly I don’t have to detox and put myself in withdrawal just too take a chance of one being in active addiction again from getting those type of meds post op and rehab period two having to go through all that bs with detoxing off Subs to find out the operation was not a success or made things even worst which is possible with my shoulder operation. But the way I see things now say it doesn’t work I can still be in a healthy recovery with methadone and get pain management or it does work still be in a healthy recovery and maybe come off all opiate one day all together if all goes well and that is my dream. I can’t lead a successful life if I am on hundreds of milligrams of methadone the rest of my life. Don’t get me wrong I am sure many people have done it and are doing it but I myself don’t think I can do it if my mind is not 100% clear.

Sorry I am so behind, crazy busy the past couple days anyways but the groups and 1 on 1 went great. My counselor is a great guy very understanding and understood what I was going through and actually has an understanding in methadone treatment which is a huge plus. And the group is great basically a 6 week orientation group to help you understand how things work and the group leader is actually a recovering addict which is cool. Then once I finish that group I have so many options to choose the next one the clinic offers. And that whole thing about methadone clinics being a huge drug dealing spot out front or near the building is not true well at least for the clinic I am attending which is awesome I mean they literally have security guards posted on each corner 5 blocks each way. And I mean they are on top of things you can get kicked out for the littlest things they don’t play any games. There is no exchanging anything hand to hand from loose change to cigarettes lighters or anything else along those lines. Drug test every three days if you fail to give a urine sample you cannot get dosed that day must be there by 12 and so on. But I just wanted to let you guys know I am very happy with how the clinic goes about things and even more happy that this medication is helping my pain. Ill keep you guys updated and let you know how my next group on Monday goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well my 2nd group is tomorrow I am excited and things are going well, now it is all about finding the right maintenance dose for me and to start making my treatment plan with my counselor at the clinic. But for the first time in a long time I actually have good positives thoughts about the near future and the direction my life is going. Took my dog to the park today and played with his ball and some fetch and l also ran around a little with him and I am not in severe pain laying in bed asking why did I do that or why me. Life is something I am starting to enjoy again instead of something I am just doing to get by day after day. I am telling any of you guys that are on suboxone for pain and not getting what you need out of the Suboxone start looking into methadone treatment. You won’t regret it you will be able to get back to living a life free of severe pain; sure it won’t take it all away that is impossible unless you have a successful operation which is never 100% but mehtaonde allows you to get back to the active things you enjoy without worrying about your pain levels all day and to those of you who have kids I am sure you would love to be able to start playing with them more methadone will allow you to do that or whatever else it maybe pets grand children and so much more. And the fact that it is so long lasting is my favorite part I take it in the morning early afternoon I am good for the day, that was my biggest dislike of suboxone that I had to take it 3 to 4 times a day having to put time aside just to take this dose or that dose which just added to my stress levels how do I explain to my boss, my gfs parents, teachers random people I work with or in my classes why I can’t talk to them for this amount of time it is embarrassing. Well I will post again soon hope you guys are doing well.

And I should state this I think suboxone is a great drug but not a great medication to treat severe pain management patients. I wasted 5 years of my life to find that out that is what I want to get most out of this thread is to help new comers or people that are in the same spot I was in that there are better options and you can still stay clean.

Also spent the whole day doing stuff with my dad with nothing holding me back happy fathers day dad you mean the world to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So after yesterday I have attended two groups and have seen my counselor 4 times, 2 times just because he wanted to check in on how my treatment was going, pain and cravings and what not. First time I have ever had a counselor ask to see me with no appointment or something I did wrong which makes me happy because I think he really cares about me. Only time will tell hope to start getting my treatment plan in the works within the next couple 1 on 1 but he is waiting till I find my maintenance dose so we could actually get into my addiction and issues. As of my dose right now I am at 60mgs we have been discussing a increase because I am still having some issues late night and early morning before I dose so I will keep you guys updated on where I end up dose wise. But as of how things are going I am still very happy I made this switch my pain levels are down for most of the day cravings are down not as many triggers as usual. This has really been the best 3 4 weeks I have had in 12 years, yesterday I was at the park again with my dog sat down with my book and I was contempt for the first time in a while.

If anyone has any questions please ask or pm me I am here to help and know that there are a lot of nasty rumors out there about methadone but don’t listen to them. It is not the medication but the clinics that make this drug bad and some of the people in the clinics in my eyes. But if you find the right clinic you might find yourself in a real good spot for your recovery to begin or end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well just wanted to stop in and update how I am doing with methadone and my treatment. First of all I AM DOING GREAT this drug has changed my life in just under a month. I am so happy I made this switch for so many reason but he main one being I am able to finally live a decent life again and Suboxone did not allow me to do that for so many reason. being emotionless more than anything, in pain all day, canker sores that made speaking, eating and brushing my teeth a living hell, bad breath, annoying questions as to why I did not answers your question right away because I can’t talk, explaining to emergency Dr what Suboxone is the list goes on and on.

But anyways I am doing really well I am at 80mgs right now and get a 10mg increase every six days till I reach 150 than decide if I need to go up more or down. And the way things are going I am thinking it will be down not up. My pain levels are I would say around a 4 for most part of the day at 80 so god when I hit a 100 I might not have to deal with any pain any more. And the Dr and Counselors at my clinic are fucking awesome they actually care about helping me and not just handing me a script and tell me to come back in 2 months. I think that is the best part about methadone vs suboxone is it is so much more controlled and monitored. and you get so much more for your buck I pay once a week and that includes everything from one on ones, groups, Dr visits, drug labs and so on and so on. And they force you to be active in your recovery you just don’t get your dose and leave like most people think how clinics work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next