It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:53 pm



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:30 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1019
Location: Buffalo New York
It is cool Hat I am well past caring what indigochild has to say it has no meaning nor does it hold any value to me. And stp really? Does it make you that mad I think suboxone is new to come and post in my methadone thread that you have never posted in once till I said that about suboxone? that is just silly buddy.

As of the documentary I took away both positive and negative knowledge away from it. Stp and Indigo could agree all they want but at the end of the day I am my own person and know some of the things touched upon in the documentary will and have helped me already. If you pay attention the lady that run the group had many great things to say and that is where I took most of my positive facts from. And still believe anyone who wants to learn about methadone to watch it.


One thing I have learned there will always be people that disagree with you and want to start worthless arguments and for the longest time up till about a week ago I was one of those people till lilly, hat and romeo help me realize that. And now that it is happening to me I apologize to all of you guys for making you have to deal with it for so long because it truly is the biggest waste of time it helps nobody and it just feeds into what the person who is acting this way wants to happen. So again I am sorry for putting you guys through this for so long and I do realize now how stupid it was to do so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:28 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
bboy, You Da Man!!

That took a real man to admit what you just did to us. I've got mad respect for ya bud!!!

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:12 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:59 pm
Posts: 1033
I'm not speaking for Bboy, I just have a hard time not reacting when someone is so condescending and sarcastic. It's something I have to work on in my recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:19 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1019
Location: Buffalo New York
Thank You Romeo I just wish it didn’t take all this to realize that was how I was acting but better late than never I guess.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:52 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1019
Location: Buffalo New York
And Indigochild I don’t mind you posting my thread but you say you are trying to help me but then say my Dr and Counselor and everyone at my clinic doesn’t care or give two shits about me? How did you think saying that would help me man? I just don’t get that at all and I understand maybe you had some not so great experiences with the clinics you attended but that does not mean every methadone clinic is a bad one. And yes I didn’t think I would ever need to go above 90mgs but things didn’t work out the way I planned and ended up on a much higher dose than I wanted to be on am I proud of that no not at all but it happen you don’t need to point that out the way you did as in being so negative about it instead of maybe asking me and trying to understand why I couldn’t stick it out at a lower dose. But you jumped to all these negative conclusions and i dont see that would help me. Than on top of things you tell me a documentary i like is worthless because you dont like it.

And I will try to help you understand why I choose a clinic over going back to a pain management DR. One is I am a drug addict and just getting strong prescription meds again like I got for 7 long years of opiate addiction was not going to be the best route for me. Because I am a addict and I don’t have that self control because if I did I would of never ended up in the spot I am now and one day I hope I might have that self control but the spot I was in during the start of this switch would of just ended up in a nightmare for MYSELF. I couldn’t see myself getting a month’s worth of methadone with no forced treatment ending in a good way. And more than anything I need structure back in my life because down time is my biggest trigger and with my injuries and reinjuring my knee last spring I wasn’t in school for a semester, I can’t work because of my knee so all I did was sit around waiting for my friends to get home or my gf to get home and I was starting to get more and more comfortable with this which was not healthy for my recover at all and the longer and more comfortable I got with that was going to make it harder to brake. Plus going to a clinic I am forced to go to groups, 1 on 1, checkups with the DR and RN drug tested once a week and I needed that to add structure to my day and more than anything getting treatment while on this strong medication was important to me. And i know you dont have to be in a clinic to do those things but i did because i need to be told to do it because on my own i didnt do it while on suboxone and at the start i methadone i wouldnt of dont any of this now yes i would do it clinic or not but at that point in time i wouldnt off.

PS
I left this out a big factor is I don’t have one good memory or experience with pain management DR and they are also a trigger for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: hey man, cool!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:06 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
if you can learn. great! ALL i said is it will not teach anyone anything about methadone treatment.Web Page Name

the comments are hilarious at the bottom of the video: i give it 3 and a half syringes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:59 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:52 pm
Posts: 70
I am not mad at all, I just have a big problem when people put forth misinformation as fact. Especially when the facts have been explained and pointed out. It's not a matter of belief, it's a matter of facts. I think it's great if you were able to get something positive out of the documentary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: thats crazy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:52 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1503
indigochild wrote:
tearj3rker wrote:
Is there a culture of people injecting their methadone in America like down here?


i sure hope not. i've heard of junkies playing'chemist' and trying to inject all that liquid takehome. first, methadone has no rush. second, there is a huge volume of liquid . third, its filled with suger and other harmful additives that are awful for yer veins. fourth, methadone has a huge oral bioavailability rate.

but hey- junkies unfortunately will try and put anything in their veins. they dont realise how precious they are till theyre collapsed and yer shootin thru yer neck and god for bid grawing. hopefully- they will get help before it comes to that point. that is a sad sight to see someone inject in their neck. but there is injectable methadone in the hospital that is 100% safe if given by yer dr


That's not really what I was talking about. Well, not 100%.

In Australia, in NSW, Methadone has never been diluted with cordial / syrup. As such, in a lot of places, people's take-home doses are pretty much pure methadone liquid you see the clinics mix with cordial. The reason they do this is because originally all methadone was done this way. When people started injecting it, NSW was the only state that decided it would be more harmful to start diluting people's take-aways, as people would inject the whole thing, so they just kept doing it. When people inject their methadone up there (I'm from another state), they use butterflies and two syringes. And yes, they definitely get a "rush".

Interestingly enough, in the UK, injectable methadone is actually prescribed to the really sick addicts as a part of their drug-replacement program. During their recent trial, their treatment options were given thus based on how dependent the addicts were: Legal injectable diamorphine (heroin) -> legal injectable methadone -> slow-release morphine pills (unofficial but condoned) -> oral methadone -> oral suboxone.

Their legal heroin trial apparently was a success. Unsure if it's been permanently implemented.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hey man, cool!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:55 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1503
Indigochild. I really don't see how your contribution in this thread is helping bboy?

If anything, you're being quite passive aggressive.


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject: Re: hey man, cool!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:16 am 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
tearj3rker wrote:
Indigochild. I really don't see how your contribution in this thread is helping bboy?

If anything, you're being quite passive aggressive.


this is my last post on this thread: methadonia sucked balls and was filled with inaccurate info. it is a DOCUMENTARY following homeless addicts in NY and doesnt show or tellsh!t about methadone. yes, i agree the UK and the swiss have a leg up on us(or U.S.), especially when it comes to harm reduction. i didn't know that tearjerker, hrrmm. furthermore, i really dont care about this thread ANYMORE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hey man, cool!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:14 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1019
Location: Buffalo New York
indigochild wrote:
tearj3rker wrote:
Indigochild. I really don't see how your contribution in this thread is helping bboy?

If anything, you're being quite passive aggressive.


this is my last post on this thread: methadonia sucked balls and was filled with inaccurate info. it is a DOCUMENTARY following homeless addicts in NY and doesnt show or tellsh!t about methadone. yes, i agree the UK and the swiss have a leg up on us(or U.S.), especially when it comes to harm reduction. i didn't know that tearjerker, hrrmm. furthermore, i really dont care about this thread ANYMORE


I don’t understand why you need to keep saying the same thing over and over again that is your 9th post saying the same thing word for word just about it is so dam repetitive at this point it is not funny. Who cares you don’t like the documentary I do, what does this have to do with helping or contributing to the thread? I think we are all old enough hear to watch the documentary for ourselves and then decide for themselves as an individual what they thought about it. Are you that immature that you need to have the last word over and over again even if it is saying the same thing I mean get a life bro and stop trolling the internet?

And prove me wrong that you don’t need to have the last word you said and I quote “this is my last post on this thread” also “furthermore, i really dont care about this thread ANYMORE” so let’s see ladies and gentlemen if indigochild is a true man of his word!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1503
His posts ooze with emo jadedness.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:13 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1019
Location: Buffalo New York
tearj3rker wrote:
His posts ooze with emo jadedness.


I just don’t get why he keeps saying/posting the same thing over and over again. We all get he thinks the documentary sucks, you can’t learn anything from it and the information is false leave it at that and move on is all I am asking. Just because he thinks it sucks does not mean someone else can’t take something positive away from it is all I am saying to him and you all know that since my first post about it let it be. There you got both our sides!And let’s all move on to more important issues. Like what is going on with johnboys friend what he decided to do or if I will able to stay at 145mg knowing I don’t want to go higher but will my pain and mental addiction be strong enough to know this.

I just want people to take something positive away from this thread or at least learn something. and that has not been the case the last 2 pages so lets all start with a clean slate hear like adults and get back to what is important.

At the end of the day we got to stop judgeing peoples views or how they go about things and focus on ourselfs. It took me along time to learn this but i am glad i did.


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject: asinine
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:23 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
" Like what is going on with johnboys friend what he decided to do or if I will able to stay at 145mg knowing I don’t want to go higher but will my pain and mental addiction be strong enough to know this"

my answer is no, you will not be able to stay @ 145 mg(wuss), of course you have a strong 'mental
addiction'. im surprised your clinic will let you go that high ,anyway. ALSO, METHADONE ONLY KILLS PAIN FOR 6HRS,SO STOP RAISING YER DOSE!! damn- i bet you're on the deans list @ the local community college, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:40 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:55 pm
Posts: 4933
Location: Leesburg, FL
That's enough, Indigochild - you've crossed the realm into personal attacks and that's a clear violation of the rules. This is your first warning, further infractions could result in banning you from the forum.

_________________
-As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:36 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1019
Location: Buffalo New York
Indigo your name fits you so well because you have the maturity of a CHILD!!!!!!! I am not even going to bother lowering myself to that level to make a personal attack on the internet. I hate children like you, all you truly are is a TROOL you have nothing better to do than pick fights behind a computer screen. And you proved that to all of us because like you said I quote word for word “this is my last post on this thread” and “furthermore, i really dont care about this thread ANYMORE”. So you are no man of your word and you are so low you have to have the last word no matter how big of jerk it makes you look like. And I already know your reply to this I don’t give a shit what people think of me on this forum right beat ya to the punch that is how predictable your are.

This is my last post to you I will prove I am the better man and don’t need to have the last word over something so childless as in a documentary.

PS
I truly wish you the best of luck man with your recovery and good luck to you in life I just cant waste my time anymore over something as silly as this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: you,
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
Bboy42287 wrote:
Indigo your name fits you so well because you have the maturity of a CHILD!!!!!!! I am not even going to bother lowering myself to that level to make a personal attack on the internet. I hate children like you, all you truly are is a TROOL you have nothing better to do than pick fights behind a computer screen. And you proved that to all of us because like you said I quote word for word “this is my last post on this thread” and “furthermore, i really dont care about this thread ANYMORE”. So you are no man of your word and you are so low you have to have the last word no matter how big of jerk it makes you look like. And I already know your reply to this I don’t give a shit what people think of me on this forum right beat ya to the punch that is how predictable your are.

This is my last post to you I will prove I am the better man and don’t need to have the last word over something so childless as in a documentary.

PS
I truly wish you the best of luck man with your recovery and good luck to you in life I just cant waste my time anymore over something as silly as this.

googled indigo child? crap, i'm exposed :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:36 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1019
Location: Buffalo New York
Now that the thread has settled down figure I would start posting in it again. SO today is a not so great day the weather today in Buffalo really changed from yesterday. Yesterday it was 80s today it is 60s and I don’t know if any of you pain patients deal with this? But the weather changing really kills me some day that is why I am stressing a lil more with winter coming up, and classes start tomorrow so a lil stress from that not so much stress but I guess nervous considering all the people I was socialized with besides my friends,family and GF are all in recovery attending groups and what not. So I hope running into old friends don’t affect me to much as in cravings if they show me something or talk about something that is difficult for me to think about. But that is why I am in recovery and attending groups and 1 on 1s to deal with this stuff but your counselor doesn’t sit right next to you in class. And I also see the DR Tuesday to discuss what my final dose will be I am thinking 145mg will stick and more so to go over my treatment plan. But all is well at the end of the day and I am still real happy with what methadone did for my life I mean the pain I have today while on suboxone would have had be in bed all day but I was still able to take my dog on his walk like I do every night and went shopping with my mom. Clinic made a lot o changes over the last 2 weeks I still have not made my mind up if I like it the old way or new way but the clinic is no longer just methadone treatment they are also doing normal drug counseling with out medication so guess I got to get use to it being a lil more busy. Are there private methadone clinics anyone? I was talking to this girl waiting in line she moved to buffalo a year ago but she said when she lived in Cali. That her clinic was private and much much nicer like a rich ass suboxone Dr office.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:45 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1019
Location: Buffalo New York
Hey guys had a great day today had an awesome group today 2 one on ones, one with my methadone clinic counselor and than one with my private counselor. At first I thought it might be too much and repetitive starting the day but honestly I loved it. And this really showed me how much I want to continue my schooling to become part of this field I loved talking about these topics all day and listening to other people’s views and opinions on them it was great. But back to me over the last couple weeks I have been having some really bad using dreams to the point of I would wake up in terrible fear thinking that I was about to fail my next drug test at the clinic. But after talking about this with people who can relate to me I realized that this is just a part of my recovery. As in I am now back on a full antagonist, so my brain is still adjusting to this class of medications again. I just wanted to share I had a great day to day also talked with the DR about my treatment plan as well which was nice because I found out that he was keeping track of my treatment with my counselor. He may not see me every week but he knew everything that was going on with me and I really was surprised considering how many people he sees a day just for increases alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:07 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 231
Location: pacific nw
Bboy,

I just wanted you to know I have been following your thread and wanted to say I am happy for you. It sounds like you are in a good place in life. Your pain is mostly under control, you are getting treatment, and are starting school! Good for you! And who cares if your dose is higher than you originally thought.....its working.

I have been doing pretty well on sub. Im now down to 4mg a day because I felt 8mg was making me tired and blah feeling. I do feel better on 4mg. I have been on sub for about a year and 4months and I feel like this med saved my life.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and congratulations on all that is happening for you. Take care!

PS. I live in the pacific NW so we get such mild weather. Im glad I don't have to deal with the extreem heat or cold!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group