It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:17 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Buffalo New York
Hey guys let’s try to keep this thread on track please not talk about people wanting to buy illegal drugs thanks. And Indigochild I like you are being honest and speaking your mind but you are not helping me in any way. You talk down on people because they go to a methadone clinic but you say you have experience so you were one of those people so what makes you better than us? And I could dig into your post and start a worthless argument but you have no idea what you are talking about and your post very clearly show that. So I wish you the best of luck with your treatment man and god bless. But dont waste your time posting back to me because this will be my only reply to you.



But on a good note my clinic got a 2nd dispensing machine today and things are moving much quicker now which is great. With school starting I won’t have to worry about getting stuck at the clinic to long in between classes if I can’t make it before my first class of the day in the morning. And 145mg worked pretty good this morning which is a huge plus because I already am on a lot higher dose than I wanted to be but hey no more pain and no more increases sounds mighty good to me. And most of all I am happy and that is all that matters to me, am I on a full antagonist yes did I take a step backwards in most circle yes but I don’t live in fear of my pain anymore so life is good. I thank all of you for the support so far and I will keep updating this thread as much as I can.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:45 pm
Posts: 833
like hat said '. i was making it clear that the guy won't get anything from me. and i said i warned him before he came up with a dirty or bad blood level. and indigo ". i said he was cut off at 16 mgs. that means he don't have any left. speaking of methadone. i think this has some track on this thread. it just may help us keep aware of these mistakes people make.
be-boy in the long run, i don't know but the methadone clinic is surly they'r when and if i needed it. so i do not mind this thread at all. indigo read!! i know my grammar is low. but any body could have understood of what i was trying to say" dude' oops i'm trying to keep b boy's thread on track". maybe i should have made my own thread on some one being cut strait off suboxone, and tempting to go back on methadone. but that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:02 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1497
My first experience with methadone went like this.

Started on 40mg. Felt fantastic. Didn't want to use. I felt stoned nearly 24 hours a day. No pain, no worries. My pupils were pinned all day, and it only cost 5$. This lasted about 2 or 3 weeks, then gradually my body adjusted until I didn't feel those positive effects anymore. I started getting mild-withdrawls in the morning and rushing early to get my dose each day. I started to feel generally tired and achy, like I'd aged 10 years. So end of the month I saw my doc, told him my dose wasn't holding me. He increased me to 50mg. Awesome. For a few days I felt fantastic again. Then slowly I adjusted to it again, and the same thing happened.

Each month my dose got increased with the same effect. I ended up on around 100mg, and my dose was taking its toll. I didn't look very healthy to say the least. My doctor refused to increase my dose any more, so I started using heroin on top of my methadone. My life started getting unmanageable, and I started missing the occasional dose until I got booted off the program. Needless to say, the amount of heroin I needed to hold my methadone habit was bigger than I ever needed before. Over a gram a day of pure China, which was a lot for me.

I think where I went wrong was I kept chasing that initial feeling of awesomeness that methadone gave me, when I shoulda set myself a ceiling and stuck to it.

Bboy I dunno if you can learn anything from my story, but I guess it can act as a bit of a warning. All I'd say is don't expect methadone to keep giving you the pain relief it did. Eventually you get used to every dose. So at some stage, just try and be content with the benefits it provides after your body adjusts to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:09 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Buffalo New York
johnboy wrote:
like hat said '. i was making it clear that the guy won't get anything from me. and i said i warned him before he came up with a dirty or bad blood level. and indigo ". i said he was cut off at 16 mgs. that means he don't have any left. speaking of methadone. i think this has some track on this thread. it just may help us keep aware of these mistakes people make.
be-boy in the long run, i don't know but the methadone clinic is surly they'r when and if i needed it. so i do not mind this thread at all. indigo read!! i know my grammar is low. but any body could have understood of what i was trying to say" dude' oops i'm trying to keep b boy's thread on track". maybe i should have made my own thread on some one being cut strait off suboxone, and tempting to go back on methadone. but that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread?



No you are right and I don’t mind you posting in my thread about this. I was just saying let’s not get into this kid trying to buy drugs off you illegally which you said no might I add good job, but as of the getting cut of suboxone and the temptation to go back to methadone treatment at a clinic is a great topic to talk about in hear. Feel free to keep us update on the situation I don’t know what I would do if I was him, does he have pain issues??? If not I would just try checking myself into detox instead of going back to a methadone clinic that he seems to hate right? But at the same time that is a lot easier said than done because I am not in withdrawal right this second so I could not really relate. But at the same time if methadone is going to keep him from a relapse than he needs to get on it asap but I am sure it will make going back to suboxone harder so I don’t know what I would do if I was him. But to be cut off at 16mg I don’t think he really has a choice it is methadone or detox.


And thanks for posting tearjerker about your experience with methadone treatment. See I didn’t get that from methadone my first dose of suboxone actually got me higher than methadone. And as I get increases I don’t fell the meds anymore than I did on the dose before I just notice my pain control lasting longer each time but the DR did say something about my tolerance to opiates the first day so maybe that is why but I just don’t get even a slight buzz from methadone not even sleepy but I don’t sit around either I am on my feet all day so I don’t have time to notice how It makes me feel I guess. I mean TJ when you were on methadone were you just sitting around the house relaxing? Because the DR said the more active I am throughout the day the less the drug will affect me as in feeling buzzed or sleepy and so on. also TJ were you getting liquid or wafers/pills? Because the pills are suppose to be stronger I don’t why my counselor in group was talking about it one day I will have to ask why but I am wondering if that was the case. I mean it makes sense people that are getting pill from pain DRs are on doses like 25mg to 60mg VS. people on liquid are on 10mg all the way up to 250mgs. Anyways please continue to add your views and how your methadone treatment went.


PS
One thing I just wanted to touch after talking with HAT is I said switching to methadone from suboxone is a step backwards and she help me realize that is bullshit and to stop thinking that and I thank you for that HAT because I no longer think that after what you had to say about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:16 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
Bboy42287 wrote:
Hey guys let’s try to keep this thread on track please not talk about people wanting to buy illegal drugs thanks. And Indigochild I like you are being honest and speaking your mind but you are not helping me in any way. You talk down on people because they go to a methadone clinic but you say you have experience so you were one of those people so what makes you better than us? And I could dig into your post and start a worthless argument but you have no idea what you are talking about and your post very clearly show that. So I wish you the best of luck with your treatment man and god bless. But dont waste your time posting back to me because this will be my only reply to you.



But on a good note my clinic got a 2nd dispensing machine today and things are moving much quicker now which is great. With school starting I won’t have to worry about getting stuck at the clinic to long in between classes if I can’t make it before my first class of the day in the morning. And 145mg worked pretty good this morning which is a huge plus because I already am on a lot higher dose than I wanted to be but hey no more pain and no more increases sounds mighty good to me. And most of all I am happy and that is all that matters to me, am I on a full antagonist yes did I take a step backwards in most circle yes but I don’t live in fear of my pain anymore so life is good. I thank all of you for the support so far and I will keep updating this thread as much as I can.

8) you're right


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:19 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
community college , right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:36 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Buffalo New York
So the counselor that runs one of my groups at the clinic was telling us about this video well more of a Documentary HBO did a while back called methadonina. So I got it off Amazon used for like 3 bucks and just watched it earlier today wow what a great documentary I took so much away from it but more than anything to really stay on top of my methadone treatment. And not let it become something I don’t pay attention to and just take my dose each day without letting my counselors, nurses and DRs know what’s going on because I don’t want to get to conferrable with things further into my treatment. And I really need to be careful one and two make sure I am ready once I do get take homes because that is one of the biggest risk for me to start abusing my meds. Like one person would not take his dose for 24 hours than double up and take 400mg instead of his usual 200 than over time became addicted to benzos trying to chase that nod. Plus don’t ever ever ever try benzos on methadone because these people in the documentary literally compared the high to as good as heroine one even said if he took enough it was better than heroine. But I took a lot away from it and I recommend to any of you that want to learn more about methadone def try to watch this documentary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: michael
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:46 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
negropontes' methadonia sucked balls. those weren't people in treatment, those were a bunch of homeless new york junkies - the whole time they talked about how negative methaDON was.... God, those idiots were annoying. OH(psssst), if you didnt already know, don't double your dose and take a buncha xanax too. They gave false info, stating it will get into your bones, you will lose your job, liquid handcuffs and on and on. That was such an in accurate portrayal of people on methadone- especially people on for pain. Those were a bunch of homeless junkies that didn't even want recovery. They didn't say one good thing about methadone! Did that really help you? that small subset of the non- complient methadone population. Hell, it was 8 homeless people. That one guy burned down the singers house and shoots coke:( that wasn't recovery. I'll send you URL Web Page Name, but that was a biased documentary of homeless junkies which was shunned by the entire methadone recovery population. google; methadone recovery site or help forum- ton of info and even a methadone forum! can you believe that.

PS- if anybody wants to watch this- its on utube for free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: hey bboy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:52 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
do you not even get a sunday takehome?..


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:34 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1497
Is there a culture of people injecting their methadone in America like down here?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:25 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:59 pm
Posts: 1053
I'm thinking a film depicting what NOT to do while in treatment could still be helpful. I think that's what Bboy was saying, it showed behaviors to be wary of.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:32 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Buffalo New York
Lillyval wrote:
I'm thinking a film depicting what NOT to do while in treatment could still be helpful. I think that's what Bboy was saying, it showed behaviors to be wary of.




Yea glad someone picked up on it. But yes that was what I meant by I took a lot away from that documentary as in what not to do and what not to believe. And I think it would be great for people who want to learn more about methadone should watch this because you get see the side that is not so great but to understand how methadone got its bad rep and these are the reasons why. But at the same time I also took away a lot of positive knowledge away from this video as well, it was not all bad. And indigochild there you go again talking down on people because of what you have and they don’t. “Homeless junkies” do you think they choose to be like that??? You need to wake up and realize how lucky you are to have the things you do and stop talking down on people because of material objects. That is why I don’t reply to you not because what you have to say about me but you think you are better than people clearly just because someone goes to a methadone clinic instead of a pain DR or they are homeless junkies because they don’t look,dress or act like you do. If you actually read all my post you would realize I choose to go to a methadone clinic over a DR feel good.


Tear jerker i dont think as much as they use to but it still happens i am sure of..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:35 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
Bboy42287 wrote:
Lillyval wrote:
I'm thinking a film depicting what NOT to do while in treatment could still be helpful. I think that's what Bboy was saying, it showed behaviors to be wary of.




Yea glad someone picked up on it. But yes that was what I meant by I took a lot away from that documentary as in what not to do and what not to believe. And I think it would be great for people who want to learn more about methadone should watch this because you get see the side that is not so great but to understand how methadone got its bad rep and these are the reasons why. But at the same time I also took away a lot of positive knowledge away from this video as well, it was not all bad. And indigochild there you go again talking down on people because of what you have and they don’t. “Homeless junkies” do you think they choose to be like that??? You need to wake up and realize how lucky you are to have the things you do and stop talking down on people because of material objects. That is why I don’t reply to you not because what you have to say about me but you think you are better than people clearly just because someone goes to a methadone clinic instead of a pain DR or they are homeless junkies because they don’t look,dress or act like you do. If you actually read all my post you would realize I choose to go to a methadone clinic over a DR feel good.


Tear jerker i dont think as much as they use to but it still happens i am sure of..


that was DOCUMENTARY. period. it depicted homeless junkies that shot up coke...it didn't provide any positive light on methadone. it was not received well by the addiction recovery community , because of that FACT BTW- i support methadone and have been to a clinic 5 times. i now go to a real dr. to handle my pain. i don't look down upon anyone. im no better than anyone- don't know where that came from. i just said that DOCUMENTARY followed a group of homeless junkies around that weren't serious about recovery. you will not learn ANYTHING about methadone from that group of people they follow around new york. i gave you a link and showed a place to watch for free...hey lilly, why don't you let people speak for themselves- he's BBOY, i mean he's a BIG BOY;)


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject: bboy wrote
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
quote from bboy "I choose to go to a methadone clinic over a DR feel good. "

methadone clinics are often referred to as raquets. dr feelgood? really? sorry those are your only 2 choices, methadone clinic OR dr feelgood. oce again, you're starting to suggest methadone is the way to go and i think you have been warned


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: thats crazy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:58 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
tearj3rker wrote:
Is there a culture of people injecting their methadone in America like down here?


i sure hope not. i've heard of junkies playing'chemist' and trying to inject all that liquid takehome. first, methadone has no rush. second, there is a huge volume of liquid . third, its filled with suger and other harmful additives that are awful for yer veins. fourth, methadone has a huge oral bioavailability rate.

but hey- junkies unfortunately will try and put anything in their veins. they dont realise how precious they are till theyre collapsed and yer shootin thru yer neck and god for bid grawing. hopefully- they will get help before it comes to that point. that is a sad sight to see someone inject in their neck. but there is injectable methadone in the hospital that is 100% safe if given by yer dr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:10 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:52 pm
Posts: 70
Some people, even when the facts slap them in the face, refuse to pay attention and maybe learn something. The only thing they want to read, or hear, is someone agreeing with them. Indigo is correct on his/her summary of that documentary, I work in the addiction field and couldn't agree more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:38 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4026
Location: Sitting at my computer
Indigo,

Why did you go with Ville Valo's avatar instead of Gas Lipstick, ain't ya got no love for Gas? :lol:

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: gas?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:03 am 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 am
Posts: 211
Romeo wrote:
Indigo,

Why did you go with Ville Valo's avatar instead of Gas Lipstick, ain't ya got no love for Gas? :lol:


where!!? i loved some sweet gas. i'd tell them to crank it up at the dentist everytime. onetime the tech caught me turning it up.....all i could do is laugh/she was cool and left it above 50/50, though :D Honestly, I don't know what Ville Valo is? i'll have to google. i just picked this avatar because it amused me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:25 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4026
Location: Sitting at my computer
Are you kidding me, you've never heard of H.I.M., the finnish rock group.......hmmm, now that I typed that out, I can see why maybe you haven't heard of H.I.M., not too many famous finnish rock groups!!! :lol:

That image is of Ville Valo, he's the lead singer of H.I.M., Gas Lipstick is the drummer.

Check out Wings of a Butterfly by H.I.M., if you like rock, you'll like it.....I think?

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:25 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:55 pm
Posts: 4847
Location: Leesburg, FL
IndigoChild, please stop trying to bait Bboy. It's pretty clear that's what you're doing. Just let it be.

_________________
-As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group